PDA

View Full Version : Off Road Bike Insurance??

Alpha Solo
7th September 2005, 11:34
Has anyone any advice for Off Road Bike Insurance??

I have a road registered enduro bike but I thought I'd start here...

SDU
7th September 2005, 12:35
My trail bike & me other halfs enduro (both rego & WOF) are insured with normal cover for a road bike but if we are off road ( I don't mean gravel or paper roads, still covered there) then I think we aren't covered for crashing & trashing our bikes while mud plugging or tree hugging :devil2:
Before that my KLX (dirt only) was insured for fire theft at home and also covered while in transport. We had too talk to a supervisor to get that. They sometimes want you to put a key lock on the dirt bikes for that sort off cover, but we didn't.
Shop around for the best deal & off road coverage you can get. We found AMI flexible but others may know off better coverage than what we have. I'd be interested in what others say too.

Danger
8th September 2005, 07:43
I tried to insure my MX bikes with my insurer, State Insurance. They told me the only option was to take out full cover, at $600.00 each! I said no thanks, as I only wanted to cover for fire and theft, and I guess transporting.
I'm interested in a better deal.

TommyD
8th September 2005, 08:51
Worth giving 'Protecta Insurance' a ring, as I have just insured by MX with these guys and found that they were the best priced and seemed to be setup for off road policies. :ride:

Oscar
8th September 2005, 08:57
The type of road (or otherwise) you are on isn't the deciding factor as to insurance, it's what yer doing there. You need to read the policy and find the section dealing with competition - all policies exclude racing, but merely pootling along a trail is certainly covered by a comprehensive policy.