PDA

View Full Version : very entertaining.. :D

Blink
23rd January 2004, 20:25
well finally got my bike back and went for a quick ride over haywoods and then up to the top of the rimutaka's. Was an awesome ride.. but anyway...

I was chilling up the top of the rimutaka's for a bit (as you do), and heard the familar roar of a bike coming up the other side.

Then this dude called Gary roars round the corner on his bandit, pops up the front and then does a mean wheelstand into the car park. I was quite impressed up to the moment when he canned it into the fence!!

Wheelstand was too fast and combined with little bit of gravel on landing, saw the bike lowside into a concrete pole. Completely rooted the front end with the forks being bent into some weird angles and a snapped right footpeg.

I gave him a 9/10 for the wheelstand and 3/10 for the landing :doh:

wkid_one
23rd January 2004, 20:56
Serves him right....that is one of the funniest things I have heard in ages....he must have felt pretty bloody stupid....hahahahahah

When good wheelies - go bad

Jackrat
23rd January 2004, 21:57
I wonder how he will write that up for his insurance.
And thats why I don't try wheelies,Look cool,but :shit: :o
BTW, Glad to see you got your bike back.

Blink
23rd January 2004, 22:36
apparently he didnt have insurance... oops

wkid_one
23rd January 2004, 23:32
How did he get the bike back down - as one most likely wouldn't want to be riding back down the 'takas with bent forks......

Shit I wish someone had that on camera.....I still laugh when I think about it.

I can just imagine his thought process......

"".....I wonder if there is anyone at the summit.........shit there is........shit he is only riding a small bike.......I'll pop and mono and impress the socks off him.........here goes.........fuck a bit quick.......shit gravel.......CRUNCH'..........now where is that hole in the ground that will swallow me up""""

From hero to zero in the twist of the wrist.....

LB
24th January 2004, 04:52
Hi Blink - I'm really glad to hear you've got your bike back.

May see you on the hill sometime - we're away this weekend (Ducati rally at Tokaanu) but here next weekend so may catch you then - would be keen to hear how things got resolved over your bike.

Must go and wake up Hamish and tell him about Gary and then get on the road to Tokaanu (yeah, I know it's only 6am but I like getting going early....)

Slingshot
24th January 2004, 07:40
NObody yet has asked the all important question...Was he hurt?

And don't you all know that it's rude to laugh at others misfortune.

750Y
24th January 2004, 09:27
NObody yet has asked the all important question...Was he hurt?

And don't you all know that it's rude to laugh at others misfortune.

good point slingshot, i bet his pride was hurt. but he'll be back pulling wheelstands as quick as you can say 'just got my bike fixed'.

Blink
24th January 2004, 09:53
He thought he'd done his collar bone, but after checking it out it looks like it was just sore as hell from landing on it. So some bruising and a hurt ego is all he got away with.

He used my cell to ring mates of his to come pick him up, as his bike was definately not going anywhere.

Although he was quite upbeat about it : "hey mate, at least there was somewhere here to see it, i bet it was entertaining".... it sure was :D

anyway, the bike is calling me...

merv
24th January 2004, 12:04
I presume this was Gary Winn, used to be a salesman at Sawyers (sold me my VFR in '94) but he left a few years back and last time I saw him he was doing just what you are describing, wheelstanding his naked Bandit on the 'tukas. He was working for Dave Anderson in Masterton last time I saw him. Must say I've never seen him crash though.