PDA

View Full Version : So, about registration and ACC levies

HenryDorsetCase
1st July 2014, 12:11
I was having a look at the LTSA site today to work out how much rego I have to pay if I buy a DR650 ($521) vs a DRZ400 ($407) which I found.

I also found this:

Eligible businesses who own five or more vehicles weighing more than 3,500kg, who demonstrate strong safety management practices can reduce their ACC motor vehicle levies by 10 – 40%

What strikes me about this is that it is a recognition that better operators get lower ACC levies because they are a lower risk.

So the logical next question therefore is "Well why the fuck can't that be extended to any motorist, and in particular to motorcyclists?"

Because clearly the statutory recognition (lower risk is rewarded) is there, as is the regulatory framework for this instance.

Because it is an election year, I feel it necessary to ask the question of Mr Brownlee, for the Nazional party, and whoever is the Transpurt spokesdrone for Liarbour.

This might be oldnews to the rest of you but today was the first time I had struck it. Fascinating, as Mr Spock would say.

bogan
1st July 2014, 12:13
Is that 3,500kg cumulative?

Cos bogan inc has a fair weight of vehicles lying about, and an A grade safety management practice (don't be a dick), and who knows, maybe if I got 40% off I would actually pay it :innocent:

Scuba_Steve
1st July 2014, 12:54
Is that 3,500kg cumulative?

Cos bogan inc has a fair weight of vehicles lying about, and an A grade safety management practice (don't be a dick), and who knows, maybe if I got 40% off I would actually pay it :innocent:

Better get in quick, as I'm sure a year after election the ACC will "be in debt" again so this won't be available anymore :rolleyes:

Ulsterkiwi
1st July 2014, 13:10
so peeples who own more than one bike get a discount if they can prove a good safety record? How would they do that? Absence of recorded accidents? Declaration from insurer?
In the grand scheme of things is rego/acc cost the factor which determines whether or not you have a second or subsequent bike/other vehicle?

This is a good suggestion, however, its hard to imagine the jews (did I say that right Akzle?) giving up on a source of income that easily.

bogan
1st July 2014, 17:39
Better get in quick, as I'm sure a year after election the ACC will "be in debt" again so this won't be available anymore :rolleyes:

Quick? Sheeeeet, bogan inc doesn't have those sort of vehicles :bleh:

FJRider
1st July 2014, 18:51
What strikes me about this is that it is a recognition that better operators get lower ACC levies because they are a lower risk.

This is true ... :yes:

So the logical next question therefore is "Well why the fuck can't that be extended to any motorist, and in particular to motorcyclists?"

Motorcycles are dangerous ... and Motorcyclists are at greater risk of getting injured ... ACC says so. :innocent:

And the regulatory framework already in place shows this ... :shutup:

You have more chance of financial gain from the tooth fairy ... <_<

HenryDorsetCase
1st July 2014, 19:26
You have more chance of financial gain from the tooth fairy ... <_<

my neices tell me the going rate is five bucks.

I think you may be right. Its just more gubblemunt hypocrisy. Still, its not like they get voted out for shit like that right?

awa355
1st July 2014, 22:27
How many motorbikes do I have to buy to get a total weight of 3,500kg?:confused:

Kickaha
1st July 2014, 22:35

Works that way with companies that lower their accident rate/costs as well

jim.cox
2nd July 2014, 05:34
How many motorbikes do I have to buy to get a total weight of 3,500kg?:confused:

One fat hog should do the trick :)