PDA

View Full Version : New bike shop in the Hutt - Clean Motorcycles

Drogen Omen
4th July 2014, 11:29
There's a new Bike shop opened ion the hutt.

Clean Motorcycles (http://www.cleanmotorcycles.co.nz/)they are the official NZ dealer for the following Bike brands:
- EBR (Erik Buell Racing aka Buell)
- Bimota
- Benelli
- Confederate
- Viper

www.cleanmotorcycles.co.nz

owner operator Pradeep Attapattu has over 20 years experience in the industry.

Ph: 021 678 438

Pop by and say hi, he's a great guy, full of bike knowledge, experience and willing to share.

sil3nt
4th July 2014, 11:52
Do like the new EBRs.

BigAl
4th July 2014, 11:57
Nice website too :niceone:

Drogen Omen
4th July 2014, 13:17
EBR 1190RX

EBR1190SX

Bimota

Benelli

Confederate

Viper

Drogen Omen
4th July 2014, 13:19
Clean Motorcycles receives the bikes next week 11 July 2014

get in quick to book your test ride.

Edbear
5th July 2014, 16:31
And of course Eric chose Shorai Powersports batteries as original equipment for them! ;)

Ender EnZed
5th July 2014, 18:09
Website says est. 2009 and the address is the same (I think) as that shop that had some custom/chopper looking things in the window. Don't remember the name.

New owner?

James Deuce
5th July 2014, 19:08
Poor bastard. Model and parts availability hell.

Ocean1
5th July 2014, 19:32
Poor bastard. Model and parts availability hell.

Aye. Even so, I'm well pleased that new SX isn't very attractive I can tell you.

Drew
5th July 2014, 19:36
Pradeep is a good guy, and a top mechanic. Be where I got a Harley serviced if I owned one.

MD
5th July 2014, 19:51
Is that the Pradeep who worked at Welly M/c years ago? Met him a few times, as Drew said, a nice Guy.

Interesting collection of brands (I mean that in a good way). I fancied the Buell 1125 and was considering buying one right at the time they went out of business. Is this new Buell the same engine (give or take a few cc ). That naked Buell looks worth a bit of tire kicking.

Drew
6th July 2014, 09:31
Is that the Pradeep who worked at Welly M/c years ago? Met him a few times, as Drew said, a nice Guy.

Interesting collection of brands (I mean that in a good way). I fancied the Buell 1125 and was considering buying one right at the time they went out of business. Is this new Buell the same engine (give or take a few cc ). That naked Buell looks worth a bit of tire kicking.Yeah mate, that's the guy.

Couple bikes there look quite cool, the Buell would need to be well priced or very good to compete with the Superduke I reckon.

Ocean1
6th July 2014, 10:01
Yeah mate, that's the guy.

Couple bikes there look quite cool, the Buell would need to be well priced or very good to compete with the Superduke I reckon.

Numbers miss a lot of important stuff, but the new SX is supposedly 185hp and 188kg fully wet. So close, if not better.

But if that 1190 is anything like my 1125, and ride reports suggest it is then the torque through mid-range is much higher, and that's what made it such a nice ride.

Think the US price on the SX is US$16k, Au$18.5k in Aussie. Which should mean NZ$19k odd, but it never seems to work that way does it?

Woodman
6th July 2014, 10:07
Anyone have much to do with the Benellis?

James Deuce
6th July 2014, 10:36
Anyone have much to do with the Benellis?
Under Chinese management. Should disappear completely and without warning in the very near future.

AllanB
6th July 2014, 13:22
Under Chinese management. Should disappear completely and without warning in the very near future.

Nah they will start making scooters ...........:bleh:

AllanB
6th July 2014, 13:23
Interesting collection of brands.

James Deuce
6th July 2014, 14:02
Nah they will start making scooters ...........:bleh:

A Chinese copmany owned the Benelli brand before they started making big bikes. They've been making Benelli scooters in China for the better part of a decade. The current 600cc 4s are bit meh.

HenryDorsetCase
6th July 2014, 14:06
A Chinese copmany owned the Benelli brand before they started making big bikes. They've been making Benelli scooters in China for the better part of a decade. The current 600cc 4s are bit meh.

They should start re-making the 900cc Sei. I always really liked them.

Woodman
6th July 2014, 14:20

Could make it something like this

Makes me feel the need for some time alone.

Murray
6th July 2014, 18:50
So how much do they charge to Clean your bike????

Paul in NZ
6th July 2014, 19:06

So just like with the Italians then?

SPman
7th July 2014, 18:24
Think the US price on the SX is US$16k, Au$18.5k in Aussie. Which should mean NZ$19k odd, but it never seems to work that way does it? 1190RX is $26k, the SX is $23,490 in Aus - in our local shop, anyway. A super Duke R is $23K over here and a V4 Tuono Special is $26,990.

Is this new Buell the same engine (give or take a few cc ). Basically, yes. The SX motor is the same as the RX - 185hp and 101.6lbft!

Ocean1
7th July 2014, 18:55
1190RX is $26k, the SX is $23,490 in Aus - in our local shop, anyway. A super Duke R is $23K over here and a V4 Tuono Special is $26,990.

Basically, yes. The SX motor is the same as the RX - 185hp and 101.6lbft!

Aye, so I see. The prices I had were from a US forum, supposedly quoted from EBR.

I see EBR US are quoting the domestic price for the SX at US$1695, so the usual hideous off-shore markup applies.

Doesn't seem to apply there, though, a 1198 is just US$22000 in the States.

Wonder if their build on that engine is as accurate as the Rotax was. They seem to be chewing through them in the WSB...

Drew
7th July 2014, 19:16
Wonder if their build on that engine is as accurate as the Rotax was. They seem to be chewing through them in the WSB...There's no real surprise there. It's pretty highly strung in an effort to keep up.

Real world, probably not an issue. But I can't see it measuring up to the Superduke, being 40ftlbs shy on torque.

Ocean1
7th July 2014, 19:30
There's no real surprise there. It's pretty highly strung in an effort to keep up.

Real world, probably not an issue. But I can't see it measuring up to the Superduke, being 40ftlbs shy on torque.

Rumour has it they're running completely standard engines, hence the comment about build quality. May said in an interview they were well short on top speed and were looking to get another 1000rpm from new electronics.

Don't think anyone can bitch too much about torque on either.

RX1190 = 101.6 lbs.ft

SDR = 144 Nm = 106.2 lbs.ft

Drew
7th July 2014, 19:44
Rumour has it they're running completely standard engines, hence the comment about build quality. May said in an interview they were well short on top speed and were looking to get another 1000rpm from new electronics.

Don't think anyone can bitch too much about torque on either.

RX1190 = 101.6 lbs.ft

SDR = 144 Nm = 106.2 lbs.ft
My bad, didn't realise the 140 was on a proper scale.

GrayWolf
7th July 2014, 23:33

They were lovely looking bikes, and the 750.. the 240 Quatttro was also good looking, but they were never 'competitive' for performance when compared to the Jap bikes of similar CC.
But I would own a 900sei if I came across a good one as a 'collector'

Drogen Omen
8th July 2014, 10:15
Website says est. 2009 and the address is the same (I think) as that shop that had some custom/chopper looking things in the window. Don't remember the name.

New owner?

no not new owner, Clean Motorcycles established in 2009 as a small repair shot in Tawa area and has now grown in reputation to the size that he required a premesis, as a result he has taken on this amazing range of bikes.

Drogen Omen
8th July 2014, 10:18
if your in Wellington, pay him a visit.

he's a great guy and has that passion and drive for motorbikes that has long sinse gone from Wellington Motorcycles and most other bikes shops in the area.

his prices are the cheapest in wellington also, he's not trying to screw you over with horendouse charges or make excuses. just enouhg to pay for rental of the premesis and a small profit.

Drogen Omen
8th July 2014, 11:31
as with all new bikes companies they are using the racing scene to iron out bugs and make new changes and modifications.

so far i think their doing a great job for being a 2 year old company with a bike that has been in production for less than a year.

now having Hero's backing they will develop fast. great to see a new contender in the super bike arena.

they are still to come out with a Adventure model and also have plans to make a factory production Cafe Racer version also.

i have been following Buell since 1999 and EBR since 2012 and its great to see even though Erik has had so many hurdles to overcome with Harley shutting Buell down and then a non competition clause for 2 years, and Harley owning all the patents to Buell for 5 years. after all that he has come out better off than Harley.

total under dog story line.

going from 2 year old company of 150 staff world wide distribution is anything short of amazing.

props to Erik for hanging in there.

Haggis2
8th July 2014, 22:14
So when is the actual shop up and running? Have been past a couple of times in the days since this thread started and there's nout there

jellywrestler
8th July 2014, 22:18

So when is the actual shop up and running? Have been past a couple of times in the days since this thread started and there's nout there

sounds to me like it's a mobile shop moving around the region.....

GrayWolf
9th July 2014, 10:40

Actually I was beginning to think it's an advertising thread! :spanking:

FFS
28th July 2014, 11:23
I wouldn't agree that Benelli will be short lived in New Zealand. Having said that, I am quite biased as I own a Benelli Tornado!
I'm all for promoting this brand in New Zealand and I'm stoked that they are here!

As far as I know the parts are made to specification in China, then sent to Italy for the build. There is another factory in Malaysia I think The bikes that are made there only supply the aisian market. So if your to purchase a Benelli from Clean Motorcycles, it will be the real deal.

The LAMS model (BN 600) I think looks a fantastic bike and for about 10 and half K is pretty good buying. And it can be re-mapped to full power once your on a full license.
They also have the TNT and a Amazonas there as well

Its definitely worth going for a look, Good staff and happy to have a chat.

And if theres any other Benelli riders out there, I'd be keen for a ride. (Well come after Aug 13 when I get my licence back :) )

Drogen Omen
28th July 2014, 14:11

the shop is up and running and bikes are in the shop, still no signage outside though.

everything in the shop is pretty much sold already, but they have 2 more shipping containers on the way full of bikes.

Edbear
28th July 2014, 14:23
I met up with them at the Speedshow. Yup, first shipment sold out!!

BIG DOUG
28th July 2014, 19:26
Really!!!! everthing sold?,that means the other manufacturers must have sold about 200 hundred bikes each.

Edbear
28th July 2014, 20:12
Really!!!! everthing sold?,that means the other manufacturers must have sold about 200 hundred bikes each.

Flick an email off to them and Norton will confirm exactly how many they sold, I'm sure.

SPman
28th July 2014, 20:29
I met up with them at the Speedshow. Yup, first shipment sold out!!

But - it's so Clean sir!

Well......it's certainly bereft of bikes.

jellywrestler
28th July 2014, 20:37

Clean Motorcycles (http://www.cleanmotorcycles.co.nz/)they are the official NZ dealer for the following Bike brands:
- EBR (Erik Buell Racing aka Buell)
- Bimota
- Benelli
- Confederate
- Viper

www.cleanmotorcycles.co.nz

Flick an email off to them and Norton will confirm exactly how many they sold, I'm sure.

been mixing the medication again Ed?

Edbear
28th July 2014, 22:01
been mixing the medication again Ed?

Not mixing it, I just doubled one of them. :doh: I meant to say we'd been discussing the EBR's as they use Shorai batteries as OE.

MD
29th July 2014, 07:20
So are there any of these unusual bikes left in the shop to warrant a visit? Was curious to see the EBR naked but I don't venture to the Hutt that often. We all know the risks, extra security required (high crime zone)and don't mention the disinfecting treatment afterwards!

Crasherfromwayback
29th July 2014, 11:44

he's a great guy and has that passion and drive for motorbikes that has long sinse gone from Wellington Motorcycles and most other bikes shops in the area.

his prices are the cheapest in wellington also, he's not trying to screw you over with horendouse charges or make excuses. just enouhg to pay for rental of the premesis and a small profit.

Lol. Bitter much? Prob only a matter of time before he tells you to sod off too. Last shop in town to bother putting up with your rants eh?

Ocean1
29th July 2014, 19:39
So are there any of these unusual bikes left in the shop to warrant a visit? Was curious to see the EBR naked but I don't venture to the Hutt that often. We all know the risks, extra security required (high crime zone)and don't mention the disinfecting treatment afterwards!

A few 1190RX, which I eyeballed for the first time today. Man that's a nice looking machine. $30k but. No SXs yet. One RX with a "sold" sign, none apparently available to test ride quite yet. Next week maybe.

Half a dozen Benellis, an 1130 Tornado that looked typically Sci-fi caricature-ish but felt perfect, as did its 'venture analogue , (Trex?). Couple of 600s and a 300.

BIG DOUG
29th July 2014, 20:54
wait for the rego figures 2 come out,they will tell the true story.

Drogen Omen
31st July 2014, 18:41

hey mate, bikes are in the shop waiting for pickup by new owners.

go check them out.

MD
31st July 2014, 22:05
hey mate, bikes are in the shot waiting for pickup by new owners.

go check them out.

Yeah popped in. Great looking machines. Surprised how nice that grey/green coloured looked on the EBR 1190 in the flesh, compared to pictures I'd seen. That TNT 1130 has some crazy Mad Max styling. Again I have to say they look even better than pictures do them justice.

yevjenko
31st July 2014, 23:16
Popped in to visit Pradeep today. Shop locks very clean, carpet on the floors and everything. He's got about 4 Benelli's (the bigger of which look quite nice) and two EBR RX's which do look very nice. There's no gear or accessories, and I forgot to ask if he was getting any in. He showed us his workshop which looked clean and well laid out and had about half a dozen Buell's being serviced and a new EBR RX being prepped for a customer. He said he is having a road test day on September 20 / election day for those that are interested.

Drogen Omen
3rd August 2014, 21:20
Lol. Bitter much? Prob only a matter of time before he tells you to sod off too. Last shop in town to bother putting up with your rants eh?

Hi Pete.

TSS also gets my thumbs up for parts, gear and the bike brands they carry. got my Suzuki from them, great bunch of guys.

Harley Speed and Custom also passes my great mechanics and service review :)

Crasherfromwayback
4th August 2014, 01:47
Hi Pete.

TSS also gets my thumbs up for parts, gear and the bike brands they carry. got my Suzuki from them, great bunch of guys.

Harley Speed and Custom also passes my great mechanics and service review :)

That's awesome Christian. Better behave yourself and not behave like a total twat at those places then eh. And *passes my great mechanics and service review*

What would you know about *mechanics*...seeing as you're recommending one that's actually nothing other than a bike *groomer*?

Drogen Omen
4th August 2014, 18:49
Cant wait for the EBR 1190SX to arrive in September

Drogen Omen
4th August 2014, 18:50
EBR1190SX comparison check

Drew
4th August 2014, 19:00
Why does he persist with that stupid fucken front brake?

He's seen the light with final drive. Chain! He's seen the light with the exhaust pipe. The motor can go lower and be tuned properly! Why can't he see that the brake is just dumb? If it were better, they wouldn't have had to replace vent holes with slots...and they'd run it that way in GP!

Is the oil still in the swingarm? It's dumb too, but I couldn't see info on it in the fact sheets.

The guy seems to know about as much humility as the Ducati GP bike engineers.

AllanB
4th August 2014, 19:02
Shit - should I be worried - I agree with Drew :lol:

Drew
4th August 2014, 19:04
Shit - should I be worried - I agree with Drew :lol::blink:Time to go get yourself some prescribed medication I'm afraid.

swarfie
4th August 2014, 19:07

What's wrong with it? It's better than a drum brake....probably :shutup:

Drew
4th August 2014, 19:11
What's wrong with it? It's better than a drum brake....probably :shutup:Tough call. I trust a drum brake to stay round. If I give it enough time to cool down, I expect it to work when applied.

I can't make either of those claims with my experience of Buell inside out front brake rotor. Albeit previous generation, on the XB9R XB12R series.

AllanB
4th August 2014, 19:51
I reckon it's like his signature thing. Interesting he has dumped the under engine muffler he raved about ......

Slowly he is making a 'normal' motorcycle .........

Drew
4th August 2014, 20:00
I reckon it's like his signature thing. Interesting he has dumped the under engine muffler he raved about ......

Slowly he is making a 'normal' motorcycle .........

Eventually he will make a good motorcycle. Possibly great. The Duke is gonna take a lot of beating.

Ocean1
4th August 2014, 20:10
EBR1190SX comparison check

You can add around 60% to that dollar figure.

Ocean1
4th August 2014, 20:12
Interesting he has dumped the under engine muffler he raved about ......

Have another look...

Ocean1
4th August 2014, 20:18

:laugh: You can't get over it eh?

It's around 5kg less unsprung weight. Means something on a track, means a lot more on the road.

The motor can go lower and be tuned properly!

The motor's in pretty much the same place, and you'd be a fucking hard man to please if you want more than 100lbs.ft and 185Hp. There's very few dimensional changes from my 1125, although the RX chassis feels a tad bigger. Still too fucking small but.

AllanB
4th August 2014, 20:28
Have another look...

Big f-in muffler hanging out the side ....... be the cat under the engine like all the others.

Interesting advert with the other bikes lines up under it. Still take the KTM or Monster .........

Drew
4th August 2014, 20:33
:laugh: You can't get over it eh?

It's around 5kg less unsprung weight. Means something on a track, means a lot more on the road.

The motor's in pretty much the same place, and you'd be a fucking hard man to please if you want more than 100lbs.ft and 185Hp. There's very few dimensional changes from my 1125, although the RX chassis feels a tad bigger. Still too fucking small but.
I'm prepared to bet bro, that 5kg is well optimistic.

But the benefits thereof can be seriously out weighed in simple braking percormance.

Ocean1
4th August 2014, 20:37
Big f-in muffler hanging out the side ....... be the cat under the engine like all the others.

Interesting advert with the other bikes lines up under it. Still take the KTM or Monster .........

Not about to pay that much for any of them just yet. If I was I'd be riding them first, at the moment I don't really have any preference either way but on paper the Monster would fit me better.

Wonder how EBR will 'Venturify the AX, maybe that'll be a proper size...

Ocean1
4th August 2014, 20:47
I'm prepared to bet bro, that 5kg is well optimistic.

But the benefits thereof can be seriously out weighed in simple braking percormance.

Not about to weigh the fuckers, the original comparison was against the Brembos on a 1098 iirc.

Yeah, the odd Buell disc gives trouble, I've had to change one prematurely before now. But with decent SSB pads you can lock the front at any speed with 2 fingers, so they're not short of power. Maybe the feel's not as good, I wouldn't know, I've never owned anything to compare it with and I don't experiment with other people's bikes.

I had the 1125 on Manfeild, and gave it a hard time for a few laps. Noticed a tiny drop in power and feel towards the end, nothing I was too worried about and that was much harder work than I'd ever give them on the road. Came off with a very blue disc too, almost black, reckon you'd have seen it glowing at night.

dha82
9th August 2014, 16:17
Website in need of maintenance, had 404 a few times

Drogen Omen
20th October 2014, 06:32

nice writeup