PDA

View Full Version : I am sick and tired of misleading titles for news articles

biketimus_prime
4th July 2014, 13:09
Is a quad bike towing a trailer really a "motorcyclist"

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/hawkes-bay-today/news/article.cfm?c_id=1503462&objectid=11287643

What is an ATV?

They have 3 or more wheels, an engine capacity exceeding 50ml and a gross weight of less than 1000 kilograms (which is the greater of the on-road weight with load and accessories OR the gross laden weight set by the manufacturer). ATVs include most quad bikes, smaller ‘side by sides’ and amphibious vehicles. They do not include ‘utes’ or light trucks, even if modified for off-road travel - these are originally constructed for road use and are too heavy to meet the definition. There are more than 100,000 ATVs in New Zealand, mostly used on farms.

http://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/factsheets/19/all-terrain-vehicles.html

unstuck
4th July 2014, 13:15
The uprising is coming. :Punk::Punk:

oldrider
4th July 2014, 13:34
Inclined to agree with you on that!

Voltaire
4th July 2014, 13:34
Its the Herald, advertising posing as a newspaper. Real news is Bunnings and Briscoes are having a sale!!!!

unstuck
4th July 2014, 13:36
Its the Herald, advertising posing as a newspaper. Real news is Bunnings and Briscoes are having a sale!!!!

Damn, we have neither in Gorrrre.:baby:

Voltaire
4th July 2014, 13:37
Damn, we have neither in Gorrrre.:baby:

Yeah but you have both sorts of music there :msn-wink:

unstuck
4th July 2014, 13:45
Yeah but you have both sorts of music there :msn-wink:

Aye, we do.:headbang::headbang:

haydes55
4th July 2014, 14:52
"Everything about this bike and person was black, and dark, and ugly". Shit that quote opens the door for all sorts of hilarity.

Black, and dark..... As opposed to black and light?

He killed your dog, but at least you hurt his feelings by calling him ugly.

But yea, funny how the article describes an ugly, black guy riding a quad loaded with fishing gear as a "speeding motorcyclist" (apparently it matters to the story that he's black and ugly).

Tazz
4th July 2014, 15:13
As well as opening up access to so, so much, the interwebs has killed quality journalism. Australia is worse for crap headlines, so I guess we've got that to look forward to when we catch up.

As for that lady, nice how the 'article' states "Local bylaws state dogs do not have to be on a lead in the area. The speed limit for vehicles on the beach is 20km/h." What they should have said is "Local bylaws state dogs do not have to be on a lead in the area. The speed limit for vehicles on the beach is 20km/h, however, as noted by the owner, the beach is used by a lot of vehicles and common sense would say a puppy of 8 months that runs up to said vehicles should be on a leash for it's own safety until it is properly trained."

The only crime was letting that lady have a dog. Nobody wants to run them over ffs.

Akzle
4th July 2014, 15:22
anything titled "news", likely isnt.

buggerit
4th July 2014, 16:30
newspapers seem to take every oppourtunity they can to portray motorcyclists in a bad light as everyone knows we are baddies:mad tv and print news depth more and more resembles the womens weekly, thank god for the net.

Voltaire
4th July 2014, 17:06
anything titled "news", likely isnt.

few more posts and you'll be on to pews, queues, sews, views, and Zoos.

Akzle
4th July 2014, 17:10
few more posts and you'll be on to pews, queues, sews, views, and Zoos.

what about fuken lawyers and shit

R650R
4th July 2014, 17:35
HBT are shockers for stuff like that.

Don't worry your not alone, you ought to hear the grieving in the trucking forum when a reporter calls a b-train a truck and trailer :whocares:
Its quite funny when a bunch of your colleagues who can't spell to start with start debating the papers use of the English language... :facepalm:

awa355
4th July 2014, 17:56
News Flash!!!

' Fishermen Attacked By Miniature Fox Terrier Puppy '

Three fishermen on their quad bike were subjected to an horrendous attack by an out of control miniature fox terrier puppy on Haumoana beach, a long time ago. The puppy had not been on a leash. The owner had not been able to find a lead small enough.

A police spokesperson who did not which to be named, said the fishermen were lucky the dog was just a puppy. Full grown miniature foxys have been known to exceed 4kg in weight and to grow to a height of 18cm.

filed by special KB reporter awa.

Akzle
4th July 2014, 18:13
fuken special alright.

Katman
5th July 2014, 11:24
The only crime was letting that lady have a dog. Nobody wants to run them over ffs.

What sort of sheltered life have you led?

Unfortunately, there is no shortage of fuckwits who would run over a dog and laugh about it.

mashman
5th July 2014, 12:49
Ignore the title.

Tazz
7th July 2014, 12:15
What sort of sheltered life have you led?

Unfortunately, there is no shortage of fuckwits who would run over a dog and laugh about it.

yeah quite right. Sometimes I forget about the North Island locals.

oldrider
7th July 2014, 19:35
yeah quite right. Sometimes I forget about the North Island locals.

So is it OK to run them (North Island locals) over? :rolleyes: (So glad I migrated South in the 60's!)

awa355
7th July 2014, 20:26
So is it OK to run them (North Island locals) over? :rolleyes: (So glad I migrated South in the 60's!)

You'ill reconize nth islanders. They are the ones not wearing bib overalls and sucking on a stalk of grass. :rolleyes:

unstuck
7th July 2014, 20:36
You'ill reconize nth islanders. They are the ones not wearing bib overalls and sucking on a stalk of grass. :rolleyes:

Nah, the north islanders will be the ones crying that they cant get a latte and croissant when we cut the cord, and they have no power.:shifty:

Tazz
7th July 2014, 20:50

Damn straight. We're all handy on the banjo and if yer real fancy yer can afford some of those new spoon contraptions. My neighbour has some but he's 6 hours donkey ride away so we don't get to use em much. It's just like Deliverance too cept with rollin rrrrRRRRRrrr accents.

Basically you don't want to visit. Ever. Nothing to see here. Eyes off my Goat. http://smolforum.ru/styles/default/xenforo/newsmiles/22.gif

R650R
7th July 2014, 20:54
Damn straight. We're all handy on the banjo and if yer real fancy yer can afford some of those new spoon contraptions. My neighbour has some but he's 6 hours donkey ride away so we don't get to use em much. It's just like Deliverance too cept with rollin rrrrRRRRRrrr accents.

Basically you don't want to visit. Ever. Nothing to see here. Eyes off my Goat. http://smolforum.ru/styles/default/xenforo/newsmiles/22.gif

Hoot Dawg was dat you driving da 4x3 as our tour guide.
I told the travel agent I wanna go sailing around the south island on a real cruisy trip, so she booked me into this 'yacht club'....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNFWfSN3iXY

benhall
7th July 2014, 21:04
you can trust the HBtoday to fuck it up... missleading and home of "theres no news today run some of that c-grade shit"

Tazz
7th July 2014, 21:27
Hoot Dawg was dat you driving da 4x3 as our tour guide.
I told the travel agent I wanna go sailing around the south island on a real cruisy trip, so she booked me into this 'yacht club'....

[video

Dang! Fry mah hide! Someone needs t'secure them ancho's!

ah hate t'say it but dem is like purdy low tech yachts an' yer friend probably kepp yer extry cash fo' a noo whittlin ka nife e. Most yachts now haf jacuzzis on account o' we fannncy like dat.

http://whitetrashrepairs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/6676.jpg

Ju viset Gore fer a spell? It mighty purdy trimenjus city.

http://www.mytractorforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=76757&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1252765128