PDA

View Full Version : gixxer 600 tyre pressures and other mods

aff-man
7th September 2005, 18:11
Ok so i am running M1's and i have no idea what pressures to run them at. I just topped up today with a 35 front 37 rear.

Also i need to soften up the front a little but am a little worried about fucking it up. Cause I have changed the rear suspension of bikes but never the front and i don't wanna make it worse??

White trash
7th September 2005, 19:54
You comin' to the track on Saturday?

I've got an owners handbook for your bike that'll show you what adjustments can do what. Or I could just show ya.

Aint rocket science.

Also, M1s are good road tyres, crap track tyres.

SixPackBack
7th September 2005, 20:05
Yeah i wondered about my suspension setup as well Aff man. I posted asking for settings, an WT came back and said in not so many words 'sort it out yourself' [ cocky bugga!]. But he was right, i took the time to study how to set the suspension up via the internet and it worked. the end result of fuckin around with settings and tyre pressures is a much improved feel and more confidence.......

SimJen
8th September 2005, 08:08
I use lower than recommended. approx 28-30 front and rear. Gives faster warmup and what youd use on the track. I got Sportec M1's too. Suspension settings are pretty personal so best you set them at the track. I have some track setup info on early 96-99 SRAD's on my site but not K1+

bugjuice
8th September 2005, 09:33
huh.. I'm inclind to play with the front and not the back..
what ever you do, write down the settings as they are now, then play around. At worst, you can just make it a bit soggy or a bit skittish. You aren't gonna kill it, and unlikely yourself either. Just do little adjustments at a time (and one adjustment at a time, not heaps/everything) until it starts to come round

as for the pressures, that sounds about right (in my limited knowledge), and then on the track, drop 2 or 3 psi normally..

jimbo600
8th September 2005, 22:43
Ok so i am running M1's and i have no idea what pressures to run them at. I just topped up today with a 35 front 37 rear.

Also i need to soften up the front a little but am a little worried about fucking it up. Cause I have changed the rear suspension of bikes but never the front and i don't wanna make it worse??

Sportec M1's are 2.5 bar (36psi) front and rear for the road. Drop them to 32psi for the track. WT has it right tho' the M1's cook on the track after a few sessions. Great road tyres though.

aff-man
8th September 2005, 23:17
yeh well not gonna be taking the bike on the track so the m1's should do good.