PDA

View Full Version : go faster parts importation

zooter
7th September 2005, 21:27
Anyone up for taking part in a big order of parts from SIP to come by seafreight? Normally they wont send anything except by dammed expensive UPS extra special gold plated courier. I'm hoping if a big enough order could be put together they would play ball.
The GST would have to be payed but it would be way cheaper going surface.

texmo
7th September 2005, 22:03
Its cheeper to buy from gotez @ scooter e motion get him to make an order tell him it for racing and he will give you a massive disscount, I got engine seals, and a mazzuchelli cut crank for $200.
What parts are you after btw?

MisterD
8th September 2005, 11:43
It's only coming half the distance, we've got a better exchange rate versus the US$ and both Motorsport Scooters and West Coast Lambretta have given me a few more shipping options....although I have always gone for the "Give it to me NOW!" route.

texmo
8th September 2005, 19:45
WCLW are cocks..... sip sell some stuff they dont though such as vespa parts... you coming on the ride this sunday with you mallossi?

MisterD
9th September 2005, 09:10
WCLW are cocks.....

I speak as I find, their website is one of the easiest to use, their customer service was excellent and my Mikuni carb arrived in three days.

Andrew's still got a bit to do on the Lammy so assuming my electrical problems are sorted (and they seem to be) I should be there with the ET, if I'm not it's more than likely because I've been up all night watching the Aussies say goodbye to the ashes. :violin:

zooter
9th October 2005, 19:33
Hooray, Ralf has caved at Sip, now happy to send stuff dhl "packet" which is basically what we would call "surface air lifted" gets heree in a couple or three weeks tops. You need to reference the discussion thread on their messageboard to take advantage.
I'm after the necessary to turn my et3 into an et3 and a bit more.

texmo
10th October 2005, 07:23
What do you use your et3 for? have you decided on a kit yet?

raff32
22nd October 2005, 17:26
Hey zooter,
I am the guy from the sip site that gave ralf the dhl stuff to look at, my name on there is ultraphine, small world eh? Apparently though he has since backed out, I got a message the other day from a guy who got some gear sent here to oz and they snipped him for 175 euros for 7 kgs stuff. Hey tex, It has been interesting reading your history on this site from when you first got your bella to now.

Hope there is room on here for an aussie? Ive been buyinf bits off your trademe for quite a while, there is quite alot of smallframe stuff to be had there eh? (the eh was in no way taking the piss....eh)

texmo
22nd October 2005, 22:05
Yer, brought a scooter though it looked cool now I have a nice little small frame that is able.. and a lambretta li150 still got my belladonna which is back to standard with a 24ml carby and some ghey lord asain exhaust.. what has you lammy got on it or is it just a standard ts1? I saw four ts1's lined up today the most I have ever seen in my life ever.

raff32
23rd October 2005, 05:44
Hey texmo,
It is pretty standard, its got a scootrs front disc on it (what small part of it is still scootrs after i had to replace everything) 33mm keihin clone carb, hand made exhaust from worb5 and a 6 plate mb devel clutch. Oh and a set of scootrs drops, I am gonna sell it soon though, I wanna build up a series 3 li or tv tsi.

texmo
23rd October 2005, 07:52
What sort of anti-dive have you got setup on your disc? The keihin replica is sold by worb right, is it any good? what is that chamber like I have never seen one before, and nice clutch mate. A ts1 yesterday snaped its crank at the grid, didnt even get to race.
Why an li or tv? I think the li has the best handel bars and mud gaurd but the tv pannels with the flash on the side are definitly my favourite.

raff32
23rd October 2005, 09:56
nah i got the keihin carb from a vietnamese guy on ebay, cost me 49us, no anti dive as such on the disc setup just a set of tubo shocks. I know what you mean about the cranks on these, i went through two jap conrodded indian ones before i bought this taffy one, cost me almost 600 bux by the time i got it here though. I prefer the shape of non gp slimstyle lammies heaps more, plus the dollars i can get for an original italian dl 200 means that i could almost buy 3 spanish li's and do them up. I like my gp but there are too many indian ones floating around here so it doesn't really stand out much. I was also considering one of the crx250's from pm tuning, not sure how much they are though. But a top speed of 230+ would be nice, I have fun smoking most sports bikes now, but there are a few that still get me. I love the looks i get on the freeway when i cruise past at 140 on a totally stock looking lammie lol. So do you guys race in the bucket racer class over there or what? The scooter racing thing has died down a fair bit here, I used to race a water cooled smallframe about 7-8 years ago, but there dont seem to be anybody doin it anymore. Oh and as for the chamber I had to send them my barrel and they custom built it for me, cost 850 euros from memory (back when i had a job that paid silly money for about a year)

raff32
23rd October 2005, 10:04
Hey texmo, i see by your bio that your 135 is a fabrizzi, what kinda output are youy getting from it? There is a complete zirri setup on ebay at the moment for 400 euros, I am sorely tempted to get it. Have you seen the video clip attached to the zirri site? Pure insanity.

texmo
23rd October 2005, 10:16
Ahhh its alright eh. Its only a 135 and rotary induction, but 19hp at the wheel, the other fabrizi is a 145 reed and has 24 at the wheel with top speed of 140 I think, Hes selling that and building a 152 alloy one.I got a quote for a crx250 and its was 16k with the flash double disc brake with anti-dive... thats delivered to your door.
Wicky an itilian Gp like one of the rarest lammie ever made right? my friend has an a model which is pretty cool. Sounds like you spend a fair bit of money? what type of small frame did you own?
We race at a go cart track one a month we have our own class, But qutie a few people like myself are off the road and just fixing up their bikes as the guy with the 145 fra-sezi upped the anti, But it mainly consists of a lambretta piston ported 220, a few small autos a hexagon, a few px's and a few ss90's and 2 pks. But depends on the day as we have had a guy on a standard et2 race. That hexagon is the fastest 180cc 2stroke I have ever seen in my life at the lights he took off and the back end slid out a little bit and pulled a wheelie, wicky.

raff32
23rd October 2005, 14:26
19 at the rear wheel is preety good for rotary induction mate. I used to have a primavera with a lc px213 pinasco in it. I just bought three 50s's from an auction house for 2000 all up, they are jap market ones, one has 300 k's on the clock, the other two have about 3000. Only problem is that they have those nasty 4 bolt front hubs on em, I have to sell two of them ( I just bought a pinasco 102 kit for one of em) so I can build either a zirri or a gagiva mito watercooled monstah. The gp owes me about 5500 so far ( I bought it for 200 bux 12 years ago) At the moment im collecting cheap bits off ebay for a malossi 210 engine to chuck into a sprint frame. Hey what is the go with ss50 and ss90 bits over there? do you still see them floating around much? I wanna get a headset from somewhere, they sell repro ones in vietnam but i want an original. I have seen a few ss90's come up on trademe but not many bits.

Also ask your mate with the 145 how much he wants for the donk, I might be interested, depending on what kinda deal i can find on shipping.

zooter
24th October 2005, 19:01
Hey zooter,
I am the guy from the sip site that gave ralf the dhl stuff to look at, my name on there is ultraphine, small world eh? Apparently though he has since backed out, I got a message the other day from a guy who got some gear sent here to oz and they snipped him for 175 euros for 7 kgs stuff. Hey tex, It has been interesting reading your history on this site from when you first got your bella to now.

Hope there is room on here for an aussie? Ive been buyinf bits off your trademe for quite a while, there is quite alot of smallframe stuff to be had there eh? (the eh was in no way taking the piss....eh)

I tried inviting the 2snz to take up residence here on KB , such a pain that yahoo email group.

/edit this has turned into a bit of a rant. informative nonetheless:

Ralf seems to be a little slow on the uptake in English, he gets it together eventually but it's a struggle. I followed the instructions I got and they claimed I never left the supplementary instuctions to do the DHL deal in the online order system. Maybe the internet gremlins ate it or maybe the rest of the staff couldn't give a shit about getting it translated.

Next thing I'm getting an email saying thanks for the order your parts will be dispatched ups soon. GRRR.

I checked up on my Visa to make sure they'd cancelled the auto debit and found it was still there. I had to phone Germany to get it sorted.

It wound up costing 120euro to get 11 odd kg sent properly insured, coming semi express. The extended insurance on the slow service apparently gets massively reduced by some post office formula so not too flash. Whatever freight shedule he was using is a mystery to me. Definitely not the dhl internet one.

They wound up wingeing about the time taken to answer all the email making the deal not worth their while. I find that a bit hard to swallow. They offered to do the deal so why complain to their customer? Bizzare. A few teething troubles getting the full story on the freight communicated, so what? All he needs to do now is summarise it in an email to send out to anyone else wanting the cheaper freight. And keep an eye out for orders going downunder in case the gremlins ate the instructions. Easy peasy.

zooter
1st November 2005, 22:16
My parcel arrived today, unmolested except for maybe an xray. 12 days from when I made payment, not bad at all.
Now I've got a grubby motor looking at me. I need to get an engine stand made up and get it cleaned up somewhere before tearing into it.

inlinefour
3rd November 2005, 10:39
probably be quicker than my lemon of a suzuki

texmo
3rd November 2005, 10:58
Around mt wellington gocart track it might be....