PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Road Signs

Yamahamaman
24th January 2004, 20:19
On the edge of a small town I passed through today, there was a sign saying "Te Puke Welcomes Safe Drivers". And yes, I guess they would as from my observations, they do not appear to have any/many of their own. :eek:

matthewt
24th January 2004, 22:47
I think it was Amberley (near ChCh) that had one saying "Welcome to Amberley, take you time passing through"

erik
25th January 2004, 05:52
I don't know how common these signs are, I've only ever seen this photo of one (from the "Biker's Bible" by Graham Allardice iirc):

What?
25th January 2004, 06:35
On the edge of a small town I passed through today, there was a sign saying "Te Puke Welcomes Safe Drivers". And yes, I guess they would as from my observations, they do not appear to have any/many of their own. :eek:
You think it's bad now - wait 'till fruit picking season :eek:

merv
25th January 2004, 08:25
Those welcoming safe driver signs I have seen at a few towns now usually have something like "we have 2 cemeteries and no hospitals" on the sign as well.

Slim
25th January 2004, 14:46
Those welcoming safe driver signs I have seen at a few towns now usually have something like "we have 2 cemeteries and no hospitals" on the sign as well.
I believe that's what the "Welcome to Coromandel" sign says. :doctor:

LB
25th January 2004, 15:27
I don't know how common these signs are, I've only ever seen this photo of one (from the "Biker's Bible" by Graham Allardice iirc):
Hi Erik - this sign is in the Wairarapa, between Greytown and Martinborough I think it is.

Lou Girardin
25th January 2004, 16:10
There's 'we love our kids, we love our town, please slow down'. It's not in the Wairarapa though.
Lou

wkid_one
25th January 2004, 16:27
I don't know how common these signs are, I've only ever seen this photo of one (from the "Biker's Bible" by Graham Allardice iirc): This is on the downhill left hand corner coming from Featherston to Martinborough - after the T Intersection......

Believe me they mean it......me and another R1 were fanging down that corner with the knees down and all you see was a sea of brown cow shit....(closely followed by the stuff in my pants)

Mooch
25th January 2004, 18:58

Saw this sign on Lake Como on a car ferry in Italy (Near Moto Guzzi factory).

Motu
26th January 2004, 15:46
It's hard to read - but this one says ''Stock Movements'' I thought that was funny....look out for cow pats.It's on the roads around Port Albert.

Yamahamaman
26th January 2004, 15:48
It's hard to read - but this one says ''Stock Movements'' I thought that was funny....look out for cow pats.It's on the roads around Port Albert.

It appeals to my SOH also - ROTFLMAO.

Hitcher
26th January 2004, 17:03
One of my favorites is the one that says "Elderly". I'm not sure what the hazard is supposed to be -- zimmer frames suddenly flying across the road in front of you?? Little grey-haired ladies darting out from between parked cars??
:buggerd:

wkid_one
26th January 2004, 17:07
Similar to that there is a sign as you come in to Mangere Bridge at the roundabout that says

Elderly Cross Here

I have always wondered why they are soooo angry that they need a sign for it? Do they throw stuff at you that you should look at for or do they just abuse you?......surely they have good days?

wari
26th January 2004, 17:11
"Slow School" ... how fast can schools move anyway ?

... or is it a school for the "slow" who need to learn how to be fast ?

... or for the fast that need to learn how to be "slow" ?

:bye:

merv
26th January 2004, 18:02
May as well mention what's the point of the "Baby on Board" signs on cars? Are they likely to have taken over the driving duties or will the driver be so distracted as to be a hazard?

PeteThePom
1st February 2004, 20:30
May as well mention what's the point of the "Baby on Board" signs on cars? Are they likely to have taken over the driving duties or will the driver be so distracted as to be a hazard?
Maybe it's just another way of saying.......
1: I don't shoot blanks and heres the proof!
2: My balls work!
3: I may be driving a phallic symbol to make up for my stumpy dick but at least it works!
4:....which is why I had to sell my bike
5:...beware of toys thrown out of window
6:...beware of spat dummies!
7: I drive like a twat!
8:I stop often and unexpectedly for no discernible reason
9: SO dont bother sounding your horn as I can't hear you over the bawling little bleeder
10: I am concentrating on not listening to the teletubbies soundtrack that we have to listen to constantly to prevent 5,6,8 and 9 so no I'm not looking where I'm going...and I can't hear your horn.
11:do you know where I can get some milk from around here?
12: Rear view mirror inoperable due to mountain of baby paraphernalia in back of car so use your horn, oh sorry refer to 9,10 above

ummm, yes well I feel better now..........:done:

Lou Girardin
2nd February 2004, 16:13
Hope the kids sleeping and hit the horn as you go past.
Lou

Big Dog
2nd February 2004, 17:07
Does anyone else here read NZ Trucking?

If so and you have a scanner could you kindly post the signs on the back page of the current issue.

Four very funny american ones including "CAUTION WATER ON ROAD DURING RAIN" :spudbooge

merv
2nd February 2004, 17:52
Four very funny american ones including "CAUTION WATER ON ROAD DURING RAIN" :spudbooge

Whoa that could be dangerous - does that happen in NZ?