PDA

View Full Version : Continental Sport Attack

speeding_ant
28th July 2014, 19:04
Here's my review on the Continental Sport Attacks. I'm not an awe-inspiring rider, and I haven't been riding for 30 years, but I felt I should share my experiences with these tyres all the same.

I recently got a Sport Attack 1 for the front (can't get the SA2 due to 16" front), and Sport Attack 2 for the rear on my Hornet.

I'm impressed. Due to their manufacturing process I didn't need to be wary about breaking it in - they're nice and tacky from day one. Running 33psi on the front and 40psi on the rear, they suit my Hornet well. I find it hard to get decent tyres for a light-ish bike (16" front too), and these seem very pliable in comparison to the stiff carcass on the M3's. I did a Johnsonville -> Makara loop to see how they handle crap roads in the wet. First time I've felt fully confident in the wet for a very long time, they grip like my old Metzeler M3's did in the dry.

I took the bike out on Saturday with dry roads to give them a good break-in. After Paekakariki Hill, Akatarawas, and the Rimutakas, I was completely sold. It was all too easy to tip the bike into corners, egging me on for more peg scraping fun. These tyres literally transformed my bike. I don't care what the milage will be, they've already been a good investment. Though, judging by the tackiness of the rubber, I'd say they'll only last me 6000k or so.

Confidence inspiring!