PDA

View Full Version : New 2014 Honda VFR800F

raspberry
29th July 2014, 14:13
Picked up the Viffer from Palmy North last week and loving every minute of it. Only done 300k so far, but that will change. After looking for a 'do it all, bike for ages, this is spot on. It does remind me of my 2000 Viffer (non Vtec) I had ages ago, but loads better! Very comfortable, I did drop the seat down and had no weight on wrists although it was not to bad on the high setting. Led headlights are great a night.

raziel1983
29th July 2014, 14:55

I'm jealous..

willytheekid
29th July 2014, 15:19
Picked up the Viffer from Palmy North last week and loving every minute of it. Only done 300k so far, but that will change. After looking for a 'do it all, bike for ages, this is spot on. It does remind me of my 2000 Viffer (non Vtec) I had ages ago, but loads better! Very comfortable, I did drop the seat down and had no weight on wrists although it was not to bad on the high setting. Led headlights are great a night.

:drool:...you lucky son of a... :laugh:

Hope you enjoy the new bike mate :2thumbsup (they look awesome!...and its a VFR!...nuff said)

...HAY?...where's all the sexy pic's? :confused: (of the bike!...we get enough of the other types from Nodrog lol)

Urano
29th July 2014, 19:27
Led headlights are great a night.

always wondered how they are...
could you post a pic? :)

AllanB
29th July 2014, 19:31
Why not a 900 .......... :(

raspberry
31st July 2014, 16:10
299644299645 If you find city honda palmerston north facebook you can see the bike in the crate and also me picking it up. I will try and work out how to put pics on here. New viffers coming in october, got mine because I have been waiting since november 2013 for it when it was show at the italy show, and they thought I might explode waiting any longer. Hey think I may have loaded pics. The colour in the flesh looks better. Also I have taken the grab rails off and just put on the tail cover...which came free which was nice as I thought it was a expensive extra. Will put more photos on. Now looking for a slip on exhaust for that extra growl.

willytheekid
31st July 2014, 16:56
:drool:
...shes a beauty!:D

Erelyes
31st July 2014, 19:58
Very nice!

Chrome bulbs in the indicator mirrors
Remove orange reflectors from side of forks
Slipon
Tail tidy
And RIDE!

Jealous.

caspernz
1st August 2014, 11:30
Nice bike and lovely colour :niceone:

BigAl
1st August 2014, 11:38
299655 ........................

Swoop
1st August 2014, 20:21
Now looking for a slip on exhaust for that extra growl.
You'll save a heap of weight getting rid of the stock exhaust.
Very nice looker! It'll be interesting to hear your impressions when you have a few more k's on her.

pritch
1st August 2014, 21:25
Nice bike. Enjoy.

Ender EnZed
1st August 2014, 22:52
Heading south through otaki at about 1:40pm today by any chance?

raspberry
6th August 2014, 15:50
Heading south through otaki at about 1:40pm today by any chance?

Yes I was around at that time going through Otaki. Now got 600k on machine. It's taking a bit getting used to going around bends at speed as it's slower steering than I am used to, but it's rock steady on corners, think it would ride over a small car and not get out of shape!
Looking for new exhaust and the only ones I can get hold of are, Remus, Arrow, and poss Ixil when the factory come off holiday.
Picked up a deep long scratch on side fairing, bloody stones.....or was I leaning to much!

vifferman
9th August 2014, 21:28
Very nice bike, Mate!
If the Remus sounds as good as it does on the 5th Gen ('98 to '01) bikes, then that's a good option.
Enjoy your ride, and make sure you keep it shiny side up!