PDA

View Full Version : Help me remove a bike alarm?

GSW
4th August 2014, 18:59
Hey guys, can anyone in Wellington help me out?

I have an alarm in my ZX6RR that was there when I got it, it's a pain in the arse as it has a immobiliser as part of the alarm.

Today I went to start the bike and it wouldn't start. I take it from the old owner that he had to replace the battery just before he sold it to me because the alarm kept draining the battery, even when the bike was not alarmed.

I have no skill with anything electrical and I just dont have the patience for wiring

So can anyone help? I will pay in beer or what ever and you can also have the alarm?

Akzle
4th August 2014, 19:13
yeah me too, there's this sweet s1000rr that has an alarm on it, i normally leave it parked in town, if someone could just disable that and drop the bike off to me after work that would be choice!

Erelyes
4th August 2014, 19:15
If you can't get a freebie, call Obsessive vehicle security... Julian is a wizard. He redid the alarm in my Mirage when I lived up there and having had several others do installs in the past.... his work is second to none.

GSW
4th August 2014, 19:23
yeah me too, there's this sweet s1000rr that has an alarm on it, i normally leave it parked in town, if someone could just disable that and drop the bike off to me after work that would be choice!

You must spread some Reputation around..... Man you's a funny cunt

GSW
4th August 2014, 19:24
If you can't get a freebie, call Obsessive vehicle security... Julian is a wizard. He redid the alarm in my Mirage when I lived up there and having had several others do installs in the past.... his work is second to none.

Cool I will look in to that if I cant get any help...

GSW
7th August 2014, 20:16
Fuck it ... battery went dead flat so while putting the spare one in I spent 3 hours removing the alarm ...

Its now out and in the bin....

Thanks for the help though!