PDA

View Full Version : Cellphones and Driving- My bad friday experience

Sniper
9th September 2005, 08:28
Had an interesting experience today that I thought I might share with you.

I was on my way to work this morning when I kept noticing a black Mitsishity Galant behind me that didnt seem to like staying in its lane and kept speeding up and slowing down, coming quite close to my rear bumper. (I was in a work car). I did notice though that the "perp" in question was about 16 and texting away happily on his cellphone while driving. I wasn't too surprised though but hoped that he wouldnt hit me because I didnt really feel like it this morning with NO sleep last night at all.

Anyway, at next set of lights, the prick was too engrossed in telling his cellphone that he loved it, that he went strait into the arse end of me! Luckly I saw this coming and was prepared by stopping a few feet back from the intersection so I wasnt shoved into oncoming traffic. (Right, now I was pissed!).

So we both got out of the cars, him cellphone in hand still bloody texting (Proberbly saying, "Hey maaaan, just had like a crash and stuff"), so without hesitation, I just slapped the phone to the ground and stomped on it. I wasnt anywhere near the mood of being polite! But I did manage to get the guys attention and inform him neatly of his parentage, his sexual connotations, his smell and many other insults I could think of. The bugger didnt even answer back, I think he was still stunned by the fact I had just smashed his new cellphone (Some vodafone 3G thingie). But as soon as I mentioned I was calling the cops he burst into tears and asked (more like begged) for me not to because he had already been given a warning for using a cellphone whilst driving and he didnt think he could afford the fine.
Fuck, see if I care about your personal life. If he had money to buy a new cellphone he should bloody well be prepared for other expences, like running into the back of me!

Anyway, the cops were there in a couple of minutes because I wasn' the only one to report this. So they took him to one side and took me to one side and got both the storys out of us. (Apparently the little shit tried to say I jammed on the brakes and he didnt have enough time to stop but he was proven wrong by a witness saying that he was more concerned with texting that driving. Hehe, then his folks turned up and got did he get a going over, including a couple of slaps around the head And you know what, the cops didnt even bat an eyelid!:niceone:

So in the end, he had to get his car towed away because of a leaking radiator, he got a $1200 fine for no rego, warrent and dangerous driving. And I got his folks insurance details, with a neat sidenote by the dad saying that if this ever happens again, I have all right to kick his arse! My kind of dad! And I still don't and never will have a problem with the police. The CHCH ones seem to be really good buggers, even saying that I should not have smashed the phone but maybe it might teach him something :devil2: plus I got praise for doing the right thing at the intersection. Apparently it could have turned out worse.

Thank goodness I wasnt on my bike. So now, I need to explain this to my boss :oi-grr:

Postie
9th September 2005, 08:33
Nice one Sniper, its a shit way to start a Friday, but at least you have a story to tell at work all day and that 1st beer at 5 o'clock is gonna taste magic...
there should be an enforced law about using cell phones when driving.

skelstar
9th September 2005, 09:05
When I see a driver with a cellphone I put up next to them, toot horn, hold left hand to ear like Im talking on a phone and waggle my finger :). Im so righteous when Im on a bike.

crshbndct
9th September 2005, 09:12
fucking good on ya
i hate txt-drivers, its so dangerous.
talking is almost as bad

crashe
9th September 2005, 09:27
Good on ya Sniper.... smashing up his little toy...
Don't feel bad about smashing up his cell phone at all...
so what if it cost the little twat hundreds of dollars...

You didnt get whiplash did you?
Get that checked out... as you can get that from being hit from behind...
even with a shunt. Make sure the lad pays for the trip to the dr as well.

Im sure the boss will be ok.... as it wasn't your fault.
How much damage was done to the work vehicle?

Sniper
9th September 2005, 09:29
Good on ya Sniper.... smashing up his little toy...
Don't feel bad about smashing up his cell phone at all...
so what if it cost the little twat hundreds of dollars...

You didnt get whiplash did you?
Get that checked out... as you can get that from being hit from behind...
even with a shunt. Make sure the lad pays for the trip to the dr as well.

Im sure the boss will be ok.... as it wasn't your fault.
How much damage was done to the work vehicle?

Im fine, a bit sore round the neck but Im not too fussed on that. Surprising little damage to my car though. Just the bumper moved down, tail lights smashed and the boot is jammed

limbimtimwim
9th September 2005, 09:33
Hehe, then his folks turned up and got did he get a going over, including a couple of slaps around the head And you know what, the cops didnt even bat an eyelid!:niceone:
Good to see some good parenting skills.

I know something worse the one driver texting while driving;Two drivers texting each other.

I followed two boy racer types into Rotovagas doing that. The would go around the corners in a series of straight lines, between key presses. And they would weave a on the straights.

crashe
9th September 2005, 09:36
Im fine, a bit sore round the neck but Im not too fussed on that. Surprising little damage to my car though. Just the bumper moved down, tail lights smashed and the boot is jammed

Get your neck checked.... you can start to get headaches etc from whiplash.
(I got shunted whilst in my car a few years back at Greenlane motorway entrance... My neck was a little sore afterwards, went to the dr and had whiplash and ended up wearing a neckbrace for a week.)

So accident damage will cost a $1,000 to $2,000 in damages at least.
Have to restraighten the car to get the boot to open and close.
Lights costs flaming heaps these days. Bumper to be fixed
Everything to look just like it was before the accident...
A nice heafty bill for the kids parents insurance.

John
9th September 2005, 09:37
bahaha mint mint mint mint mint mint mint. And some people say violence isnt the answer, pfft beat the crap out of them - you just made my day.

Lou Girardin
9th September 2005, 10:08
there should be an enforced law about using cell phones when driving.

LTNZ say it's unenforcable.
I say they're uninterested, it won't produce much dosh.

Postie
9th September 2005, 10:14
LTNZ say it's unenforcable.
I say they're uninterested, it won't produce much dosh.
isn't already illigal in Australia? you can be fined if the police see you? or people can dob you in?

SDU
9th September 2005, 10:36

Good on ya Sniper- I would've loved to see his face when you stomped on his ph.

Do get your neck checked out & take it easy.
I thought I was fine once when hit from behind & went on to work only to find by half way through the day my slightly sore neck was so painful and I couldn't turn it left or right. The Dr said if I had taken it easy for the day the whiplash may not have got so bad. I needed a few days off after that instead of what may have been 1. And it wasn't even much more than a tap from behind.
hope the rest of the day is better.

*sic
9th September 2005, 11:24
awesome.

love it how you pwned his phone.

little biarch needed a lesson on how not to be an arse.

BNZ
9th September 2005, 11:26
talking is almost as bad

especially if its a female voice coming from the passenger seat. That fucks me right off

Marknz
9th September 2005, 11:56
isn't already illigal in Australia? you can be fined if the police see you? or people can dob you in?

yes, yes, and yes.

and good onya Sniper... pissed myself laughing when reading that you smashed his phone, poor little dweeb.

Blackbird
9th September 2005, 12:19
You are a legend and I want to have your babies, hehe :Punk:

ajturbo
9th September 2005, 12:41
i agree.. well do that man!!!:Punk:

Sniper
9th September 2005, 13:03
My neck seems at bit tight at the mo, if it gets worse I'll go to the docs, thanks for the advice though Crashe

crashe
9th September 2005, 13:06
My neck seems at bit tight at the mo, if it gets worse I'll go to the docs, thanks for the advice though Crashe

Its also under ACC as well.... so wont cost that much...
Don't leave it too long before going to the dr.
Better be safe than sorry.

Biff
9th September 2005, 13:27
Glad you're pretty much ok mate.
Here's hoping you don't get charged for wreaking his phone!

Wolf
9th September 2005, 13:51
Don't wait for your neck to get worse, go to the doc, fill in the ACC form anyway just to be on the safe side.

I went from "stiff neck" to blinding agony over a period of several hours - turned out I'd prolapsed the disc at C6 - right where the nerves to my arms branch off, left arm pretty much unuseable for months while it healed. Apparently, it took so long for the pain to come in because there's fuck-all blood flow to that region so it takes ages for the swelling to build up (as the body's defences can't all swarm to the affected site as they can in other areas).

You could be seriously injured and not realise it because the body has not finished reacting to the injury.

And good on you for stomping the little prick's phone - hope you get warm feelings of satisfaction every time you remember it.

Divot
9th September 2005, 13:57
Did he get a ticket for failing to stop, or Careless use? Failling to stop is the normal one but careless is used if they are using a cellphone and they go to court. no instant fine on that one

Sniper
9th September 2005, 14:07
Thanks Biff, yea Im just wondering that too. I will be a bit upset but still wont kick up a storm.

Wolf, yea I have had a bad case of wiplash before and I usally feel pain on the following day. So heres to hoping Im ok tomorrow :lol:

inlinefour
9th September 2005, 19:40
Thanks Biff, yea Im just wondering that too. I will be a bit upset but still wont kick up a storm.

Wolf, yea I have had a bad case of wiplash before and I usally feel pain on the following day. So heres to hoping Im ok tomorrow :lol:

Get your arse to the doctor, now! Too friggin late "heres to hoping Im ok tomorrow", plus it'll be covered by ACC. Don't be a dick mate and get yourself checked out please (this is from a registered health professional & a KBer) :hitcher:

myvice
9th September 2005, 19:55
Good on ya!
Can imagine his parents’ response when he asks them for a new phone!
Why is a ban on driving with a phone so hard to enforce?
I thought they had a quota to keep? Wouldn’t this help?
$150 and 10 points?
After a year when people learn about it, up it to $300! Its more dangerous than speed and about the same as being 1/2 cut!

froggyfrenchman
9th September 2005, 20:02
i have kicked in a few wing mirrors of cage drivers too busy txtn to watch road! 1 guy passed the missis on left when she was learning, he didnt even notice! so i gave it death, came up beside him. still txtn. so i kicked in his mirror. this got his attn. he stopped and was abusn me bout his mirror. he was 2 busy nutting off to hear what i was sayn bout passn on left, so i went round other side of car and kicked in other mirror. rode home feeling really good

laRIKin
9th September 2005, 21:53
i have kicked in a few wing mirrors of cage drivers too busy txtn to watch road! 1 guy passed the missis on left when she was learning, he didnt even notice! so i gave it death, came up beside him. still txtn. so i kicked in his mirror. this got his attn. he stopped and was abusn me bout his mirror. he was 2 busy nutting off to hear what i was sayn bout passn on left, so i went round other side of car and kicked in other mirror. rode home feeling really good

Thats the idea.
Get the guy to hate all motorcyclists.
After you have long gone he will still only remember that a motorcyclists
cost him a wing mirror or two.
And he still won't understand why you kicked his mirror(s) off his car.

Wolf
9th September 2005, 22:53
Thats the idea.
Get the guy to hate all motorcyclists.
After you have long gone he will still only remember that a motorcyclists
cost him a wing mirror or two.
And he still won't understand why you kicked his mirror(s) off his car.
That's why trashing the phone is good - they'll have an idea that 'twas the phone that raised your ire and maybe will develop an aversion to using one in a car lest some other phone-smashing biker sees them...