PDA

View Full Version : Burt Munro, breaking records 36 years on

willytheekid
13th August 2014, 08:16
:headbang:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/news/10376861/Burt-Munro-breaks-world-record-36-years-after-death

...legend!, there is simply no other word for the guy

unstuck
13th August 2014, 08:20
Wonder if he is related to BURT munroe? :bleh::bleh:

willytheekid
13th August 2014, 08:31

:facepalm:...fuck you very much mate :love:

:laugh: Morning!...spot the guy to busy to drink his coffee this moring

unstuck
13th August 2014, 08:35
:facepalm:...fuck you very much mate :love:

:laugh: Morning!...spot the guy to busy to drink his coffee this moring

Your welcome.:msn-wink:

avgas
13th August 2014, 08:51
What was the miscalculation? I wonder if that means the bluebird was also faster?

Kinda creeps me out a little that a miscalculation lay rested for 30 years :confused:

TT Kiwis
15th September 2014, 18:50
I had the awesome good fortune of going to Bonneville in 2009.

When I spoke to anyone in the pits, they would naturally ask where I was from. The moment you mentioned "New Zealand" there would be an outpouring of adoration for Burt. It was truly incredible, given that Burt has been gone for quite some time. I remember one quote vividly;

"We just love having you Kiwis and Aussies here, old Burt left such a legacy here and we still love him."

Landspeed blood runs deep it seems.

Cliff

avgas
22nd September 2014, 07:57
I had the awesome good fortune of going to Bonneville in 2009.

When I spoke to anyone in the pits, they would naturally ask where I was from. The moment you mentioned "New Zealand" there would be an outpouring of adoration for Burt. It was truly incredible, given that Burt has been gone for quite some time. I remember one quote vividly;

"We just love having you Kiwis and Aussies here, old Burt left such a legacy here and we still love him."

Landspeed blood runs deep it seems.

Cliff
Yep - its the age old saying. Big boots leave big imprints.

I was a bit disappointed in the new "replica" that Indian released. It wasn't as rugged as what Burt would have slapped together.......it was also slow. The whole concept seemed like cheap marketing to me - not the spirit of Munro.

husaberg
21st July 2015, 00:21

The correct spelling was Bert (he did prefer the American Burt though) But it Is not how it was spelled by his Mum.