PDA

View Full Version : What's with all these begging kids?

F5 Dave
19th August 2014, 20:59
Seems like it's raising the number of kids that try hustle you for "some spare change".

then usually grumble at a refusal. Last couple of times it's been 'Snob' and 'Barstard'.

So how do they think this improves their odds next time? They clearly don't respect me or even like me: fucked if I'd give the little cunts money I earned. They could get an after school job like I had. There's heaps more fast food places to work at than back in the early 80s. Sense of entitlement.

But my wife pointed out that to some old lady these guys would be intimidating.

husaberg
19th August 2014, 21:09
Seems like it's raising the number of kids that try hustle you for "some spare change".

then usually grumble at a refusal. Last couple of times it's been 'Snob' and 'Barstard'.

So how do they think this improves their odds next time? They clearly don't respect me or even like me: fucked if I'd give the little cunts money I earned. They could get an after school job like I had. There's heaps more fast food places to work at than back in the early 80s. Sense of entitlement.

But my wife pointed out that to some old lady these guys would be intimidating.

Dave sometimes your kids might expect to get pocket money........:lol:

bogan
19th August 2014, 21:14

Bwahaha, post of the week.

carbonhed
19th August 2014, 21:16

Fuckin A! for orsum. :woohoo:

Madness
19th August 2014, 21:18

I blame the parents.

caseye
19th August 2014, 21:22
Fuck em, they ask and if refused for any reason they get agro. Lately I've had meetings with clients and friends at some of the more central MC Donald's and I swear these types have got em all staked out, entering or leaving, they as good as step in front of you with their hands out. I ignore em, but plenty don't giving them anything only makes them stick around longer and raising their expectation of more for nothing!
Intersection window cleaners, ah, no, potential muggers and car jackers these days, seems you can't go anywhere without tripping over these poor wee things.
Who's been up, or down Queer Street in Dorkland of a morning(any morning) these days. There they are, clutching their sleeping gear, in their big baggy jackets, smoking, drinking, betting slips and lotto tickets in hand, ear bud music going, ignoring anyone else, blocking the footpaths and generally intimidating the passing public.
I'm not talking one or two here, I mean every stretch of footpath, both sides has at least 4-10 of em loitering with intent and generally making our city look a mess, not to mention menacing obvious tourists for change, smokes, drugs, gash or what have you.

AllanB
19th August 2014, 21:43
Some years back there was a woman who hung around by work begging for 'money for food' every day. I ignore her for ages. One day she pissed me off so I went down to the dairy and got her a loaf of bread. I walked back and gave it to her. She threw it back at me. Fuck I laughed at her. Scummy old bitch.

Last one recently asked me for 'bus money' I told her the walk will do her good. It would have helped her cause if she did not stink of BO and booze .......

F5 Dave
20th August 2014, 09:22

My kids are still too young to understand the concept of money, but yes very funny.

I remember back in the day of Spaceys parlors, the kids in town when we went to Coney Island uttering the immortal words, "Gottatwentieman?"

sugilite
20th August 2014, 11:33
I remember back in the day of Spaceys parlors, the kids in town when we went to Coney Island uttering the immortal words, "Gottatwentieman?"

Sheesh, there is a memory lane moment, Coney Island, The Vault, Fun City, The Dark Knight. Yes, I too lived in Wellington and was totally addicted to Spaceys lol

mashman
20th August 2014, 11:51
There's heaps more fast food places to work at than back in the early 80s.

Sorry, the fast food joints are full of qualified teachers and nurses waiting for a gig they're trained for to become available. Maybe you should carry some notes coated in ricin.

F5 Dave
20th August 2014, 12:10
Sheesh, there is a memory lane moment, Coney Island, The Vault, Fun City, The Dark Knight. Yes, I too lived in Wellington and was totally addicted to Spaceys lol

Yeah the vault was quite dodgy, but then again so was being in Coney island past midnight as a young white kid surrounded by a bunch of rather lost Rastafarians.

pzkpfw
20th August 2014, 12:13
I recall back in Fiji, already years ago. Kid walks up to my Wife and asks "can I have a dollar for a drink?".

She points to a garage across the road and suggested he get a free drink of water from their tap on the forecourt (fairly common action).

He sneered "nah, I want a coke".

Tazz
20th August 2014, 13:31
Best trick is to ask them for money first.

Akzle
20th August 2014, 17:35
My kids are still too young to understand the concept of money, but yes very funny.

children are never too young to start educating them about the dangerous shit they're likely to encounter.

PrincessBandit
20th August 2014, 18:43
I started a thread about 18 months ago entitled "I live in Auckland, Fiji" talking about the very same thing - being accosted by kids as young as 10 (or less!) asking for money in Southmall, our local dive err, I mean, shopping centre (???)

For the last few years we have had to endure youths and adults coming up asking "have you got two dollars for the bus/train?" While I've never had any hesitation in declining their requests it certainly could be intimidating for some people to be approached like that.

My automatic answer is always "sorry, me and cash don't go together, i never have any on me". And it's true that I don't!

Kickaha
20th August 2014, 18:50
My automatic answer is always "sorry, me and cash don't go together, i never have any on me". And it's true that I don't!
Next time ask them if they take eftpos

anebv8
20th August 2014, 19:02
usually a few hanging outside Maccas in Linwood,atleast once a week ya see the cops down there,almost hit one with my truck yesterday,lights turned green,and he just walked down the center line towards the traffic,I almost had to drive up on the island so I didn't hit him..muppet

Tazz
20th August 2014, 19:23
usually a few hanging outside Maccas in Linwood,atleast once a week ya see the cops down there,almost hit one with my truck yesterday,lights turned green,and he just walked down the center line towards the traffic,I almost had to drive up on the island so I didn't hit him..muppet

When I was younger, slightly more retarded and carrying a bit more semen I clipped a 'g-unit' with my wing mirror who did that to me walking down Linwood Ave just past the crossing after McD's.
Dude left his 'half on' shoes in the middle of the road but his pants were up high enough that he didn't faceplant.

This dude reminds me of it, but I didn't get him as good, and my ice cream truck had free candy spray painted on the side.

http://youtu.be/r58_bRZLeLw

R650R
20th August 2014, 21:21
Used to encounter a few at Mangare ATMs when going out for lunch, get a Fkn job usually goes down pretty well with them :)

F5 Dave
20th August 2014, 23:34
For the last few years we have had to endure youths and adults coming up asking "have you got two dollars for the bus/train?"
. .

I've answered"yes I do thanks" to that before, but you have to be aware of your surroundings. Fukem they don't need to take the train thats just a lie, -and if they did that's just bad planning.

Actually I remember walking home from Fun City to Karori when a mate and me encountered the first space invader machine. We did spend our bus fare but it was a conscious decision. Got in a bit of trouble for being late from the movies esp as the game lasted all of 35 seconds.

Banditbandit
22nd August 2014, 12:16
Next time ask them if they take eftpos

Or ask them if they can change a $20? And when they say yes .. "well, you don't need my $2 then ..."

FlangMasterJ
22nd August 2014, 13:40
If they ask if you have any spare change just say "yep".

Daffyd
22nd August 2014, 14:07
Over here they just hold out a hand and look at you with pleading eyes. Trouble is, these ones really need it. No govt handouts here. And they start as young as five or six, often carrying a younger sibling!

Akzle
31st October 2014, 19:31
so heres a fuken new one. While at the ATM exchanging numbers on screen for jewfold.
Hag with trundler:'heres a smoke for you bro'
ax mc largenuts:'nah she' sweet'
h.w.t: 'ohh, any chance i can get ten bucks?'
a.mc.l.n: 'not from me sis'

she left at that.
No stickability. For shame.

i'm'a try and find her onetime and finish the conversation.

F5 Dave
1st November 2014, 05:25
We'll I hear in some sort of mass bludgathon a heap were out. Begging for lollies last night. Sheesh!