PDA

View Full Version : Hangovers

BNZ
9th September 2005, 16:11
What does your experience tell you?

Odin
9th September 2005, 16:18
Basically it works like this :
Your brain is basically floating around in you skull. Alcohold is dehydrating and that means the waterlevel goes down.... brain hits the sides more and that hurts. so drink some water....

(And if you just know you'll be really bad in the morning then finger in your trought before betime, a bit of bread and lots of water)

Thats my view anyway . ..

Sparky Bills
9th September 2005, 16:19
Im never drinking again!!! :rofl:

idb
9th September 2005, 16:23
I don't like them sir, no, not one little bit......

ManDownUnder
9th September 2005, 16:25
I haven't had a hangover ...since last Saturday... so how would I know?!?

justwriteitoff
9th September 2005, 16:32
Berrocca and water before bed guys, its the only way, except when u only have an hour of sleep, and you feel like i feel today.... oh i wish work was over! :zzzz:

Wolf
9th September 2005, 16:40
Where's the "Fucked if I know, I don't get hangovers - suckers!" option?

BNZ
9th September 2005, 16:52
Where's the "Fucked if I know, I don't get hangovers - suckers!" option?

Thats in the "im too pussy to drink like a man" thread :devil2:

Wolf
9th September 2005, 16:55
Thats in the "im too pussy to drink like a man" thread :devil2:
:rofl: :rofl:
Damn, can't give you any more rep.

I'd've thought it was in the "I'm too tough to get hangovers" thread.

Drunken Monkey
9th September 2005, 17:57
When you wake up, have a half glass of V8 & other half lager.

Beemer
9th September 2005, 17:57
I was skiting I hadn't had a hangover for years then I got the mother of all hangovers a few weeks ago! My mate and I were drinking the same wine and she kept topping my glass up from her bottle and then I drank mine as well - I somehow don't think two bottles is a good idea at my age...

I don't suffer anywhere near as much if I drink beer.

Storm
9th September 2005, 21:11
Have a chunder before bed, abd have a big greasy feed the next day. You'll be right by lunch no wucking forries:D:D:D

Hitcher
9th September 2005, 21:31
I have the perfect metabolism to be an alcoholic. I have never had a hangover. I've woken up still pissed on several occasions and suffered horribly from "tennis-ball mouth" but narry a hangover have I had. Tragic.

idb
9th September 2005, 21:47
I have the perfect metabolism to be an alcoholic. I have never had a hangover. I've woken up still pissed on several occasions and suffered horribly from "tennis-ball mouth" but narry a hangover have I had. Tragic.
Poor fellow, you're missing so much.
There's bound to be a support group..............

Soggy
9th September 2005, 21:55
I tend not to get hangovers now that i drink bloody marys
People are too scared to scab them as they dont like the taste ether
win :D

SARGE
9th September 2005, 21:59

when i knew i was gonna be hitting it hard.. i would bring a bunch of water.. eat a 1/2 loaf of bread and drink a bottle of pink Bismuth ( pepto Bismol) before i cracked my first beer.. water helps keep you hydrated, bread soaks it up and flushed into you intestine and pink bismuth coats your stomach.
few Tylonol before bed and get up at 0530 to do the day and its all good

unfortunatly.. sometimes JD sneaks up on me.. and @#$%^@ hell i cant find frigging Pepto here

Skyryder
9th September 2005, 22:08
Had some bad ones in my day. The last one I was off work for three days. Swore black and blue that would be the last time I had a hangover......and it was.

Not realy and option but the best way not to get a hangover is not to drink. Boring I know...............but it works.

Next best option that I religiously uphold is not to mix the grape with the grain.

Skyryder

bluninja
10th September 2005, 05:43
Alcohol also destroys various vitamins C, B, D, E. Take a 24 hour release mega dose of vits before you go out, then just keep yourself topped up with water....keep a strong (as in won't smash easily when you bash it whilst drunk, sleepy, and un coordinated in the dark) glass of water by the loo and fill up everytime you take a leak. If you can't find the glass of water in the dark, or the light switch then you're peeing in the wardrobe...if there's a glass of milk and the light comes on automatically then you're peeing in the fridge.

If you can remember to do all this then you've probably not drunk enough to get a hangover.

Apart from the dehydration, alcoholic drinks also contain conegers. These impurities are waht really give you the hangover. Try excercising to get your metabolism going faster. That way you'll get shot of them quicker. And don't be a hero...take those pain pills before the hangover gets a chance to kick in.

BTW I'm totally unqualified to talk about this as I havn't drunk for a long time...but then I also post about fast riding :spudflip: