PDA

View Full Version : Judith Collins

Stylo
30th August 2014, 18:24
Looks like an interesting next 3 weeks coming up,

Under-fire senior National MP Judith Collins has quit as a minister.

Ms Collins resigned on Saturday after Prime Minister John Key's office was given a copy of an email that suggests she may have been involved in discussions with Whale Oil blogger Cameron Slater in 2011 about undermining the then director of the Serious Fraud Office Adam Feeley.

Ms Collins was the minister responsible for the SFO at the time.

"The prime minister and the National Party have an election to win and I wish to stop being the subject of daily distractions," Ms Collins told a press conference at the National Party Headquarters in Auckland.

"I have been the subject of a two year smear campaign and it seems that every day both I and the prime minister are having to defend me against false allegations and innuendos."

Ms Collins denies any allegations she was trying to remove Mr Feeley from his position.

"I completely refute any such inference," she said.

"I cannot control what other people say about me or when they leverage off my name."

Ms Collins has asked for an inquiry into the matter and she says she will co-operate fully.

"I look forward to clearing my name, I will not let this disappointment define me."

Ms Collins' press conference lasted less than three minutes and she refused to take questions from journalists.

Mr Key says his office was given a copy of the email - sent by Slater to others, but not Ms Collins - in confidence on Friday and he spoke to Ms Collins on Saturday morning.

Resigning was the honourable thing to do, he said.

However, Mr Key says he doesn't regret not taking action against Ms Collins sooner.

The new allegations were far more serious than previous allegations levelled against her.

"As prime minister I have to deal with every situation that comes along and on the basis and merits of the facts. In my view, this is a far more serious matter than anything else I've seen," he said.

It wasn't tenable for Ms Collins to stay on as a minister while there were still issues to be resolved.

"It's not tenable for me to do anything other than accept her resignation," Mr Key said.

"When people give me information I have to act."

Mr Key said it's still to be decided what form the inquiry will take.

However, Ms Collins shouldn't expect to return to cabinet if National is re-elected, Mr Key said.

He didn't rule out Ms Collins returning as a minister in the future if she is cleared of any wrongdoing.

Meanwhile, Slater says Ms Collins has been "taken down by 1000 cuts".

"As Judith and I are friends, I am gutted for her," he told reporters.

He denies he's contributed to the downfall of his good mate's career and says the email was sent one year before Mr Feeley resigned of his own accord.

"If Judith Collins was gunning for somebody, she'd have got them," Slater said.

Ms Collins' resignation takes effect immediately.

She will continue campaigning to be re-elected as the MP for Papakura.

Christopher Finlayson will be Acting Minister of Justice, Craig Foss will be Acting Minister for ACC and Hekia Parata will be Acting Minister for Ethnic Affairs.

Mr Feeley, now the chief executive of Queenstown Lakes District Council, isn't commenting on Ms Collins' resignation.

COLLINS' SLIP-UPS
Faced intense scrutiny over her dealings with export company Oravida during her official trip to China last year. Her husband is one of the company's directors

Was forced to apologise and take a few days off after making comments about a press gallery journalist, who she accused of inappropriately seeking ministerial help

Nicky Hager's book Dirty Politics made a number of allegations about Collins and her relationship with Slater

An email released by the person who claims to have hacked Slater's computer showed Collins gave the blogger not just the name and position of public servant Simon Pleasants, but also his contact details

An email given to Key's office suggests Collins may have been trying in 2011 to undermine the then SFO director. She was the minister responsible for the SFO at the time.

Paul in NZ
30th August 2014, 18:34
Wonderful - bloggers and the media are in charge ....

LOL....

Berries
30th August 2014, 18:42
Looks like an interesting next 3 weeks coming up.
Doubtful.

10fc

ruaphu
30th August 2014, 18:58
Good riddance to bad rubbish, no loss there.
Righto who's the next gummamint moron to get taken down before the election? I got me popcorn an a good seat.

I'm all set for the next round of circus antics to start, quite enjoying this farcical election lead up. Shows em all up for what they really are...................... A bunch of good for nuthin back stabbin dickheads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

awa355
30th August 2014, 18:59
If the Nats win the election, she will be back in the cabinet within 3 months.

ruaphu
30th August 2014, 19:06

Yep ya probably right there ya just can't cure madness like those dogs have, they'll want to have their 'bitch' bac in no time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jim.cox
30th August 2014, 19:43

Yup, and as Prime Minister no less...

puddytat
30th August 2014, 20:02
See you later bitch.......

the death knell for the nats will ring on the 15th....

Laava
30th August 2014, 20:22

Prob same deal if Labour wins.
(They won't win)

gjm
30th August 2014, 20:29
Did she jump, or was she pushed?

awa355
30th August 2014, 20:32
If National lose, Key will be gone within 3 months.

If Labour lose, Cunliffe will be gone within 3 months. :whocares:

Bikemad
30th August 2014, 20:34
who really gives a flying fuck...........

Akzle
30th August 2014, 20:41

ameni! .

jim.cox
30th August 2014, 20:54

Actually, I think I do...

The level of corruption, not to mention the arrogance of that Collins woman is more than I personally can stand. I also can't trust that Teflon coated twat of PM. And living in Christchurch we have had to suffer Brownlee for far too long.

Its indicative a group who are looking out just for themselves and their 1% mates.

That's NOT what we need from a government

oldrider
30th August 2014, 21:06
Wonderful - bloggers and the media are in charge ....

LOL....

Yep! :yes: ... Happens every time now ... thanks to MMP ... government by lottery! :argh: Democracy New Zealand style! FFS! :rolleyes:

pete376403
30th August 2014, 21:07

That's what national will be relying on - voter apathy. Increases their chances.

Bikemad
30th August 2014, 21:17
Actually, I think I do...

Its indicative a group who are looking out just for themselves and their 1% mates.

That's NOT what we need from a government

meh.........nothing new in that fella.......where ya been for the last 40 years or so

admenk
31st August 2014, 08:19
Poor old Judith. So, is anyone here organizing a collection for a leaving present?:innocent:

oldrider
31st August 2014, 08:39
Death by stolen E-mail hacking and left wing media meddling ... nothing dirty about these politics is there? :sick:

MisterD
31st August 2014, 08:44
At the risk of completely derailing the thread, it was a bloody good thing she did to bin the Binnie report and prevent a murderer being rewarded for killing his family. I hope Finlayson is similarly tough and sensible but his role as chief thrower of money at the Maoriocracy makes me doubt it.

AllanB
31st August 2014, 10:19
Death by stolen E-mail hacking and left wing media meddling ... nothing dirty about these politics is there? :sick:

Appears to be acceptable unfortunately.

Bet the lot of them do the same thing and have done for absolute decades. It's politics - if you don't like the fire get out of the kitchen.

pritch
31st August 2014, 10:38
Bet the lot of them do the same thing and have done for absolute decades.

Possibly not. We didn't have bloggers until recently, and to have a minister of the crown and a blogger coniving at character assassination and smears is new in this country.

Akzle
31st August 2014, 10:48
Appears to be acceptable unfortunately.

Bet the lot of them do the same thing and have done for absolute decades. It's politics - if you don't like the fire get out of the kitchen.

can i burn the kitchen down and demand a rebuild, to a better design? one that, you know, ensures dinner gets cooked for everyone, the beer stays cold, and the women aren't allowed out...

James Deuce
31st August 2014, 11:04
Yep! :yes: ... Happens every time now ... thanks to MMP ... government by lottery! :argh: Democracy New Zealand style! FFS! :rolleyes:

It's not Government by Lottery and neither does NZ have Democracy. Less than 90,000 people belong to political parties in NZ. It's them who decide the make up of Parliament. MMP only works if the population participate in politcs. FPP NEVER works. Every FPP election can be swung by pork barrel politics or money.

Anyone who doesn't belong to a political party but still votes is a monumental idiot.

blue rider
31st August 2014, 11:06
hahahahahahahaha

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/10443223/The-real-reason-behind-Judith-Collins-demise

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11218602

http://www.stuff.co.nz/10442831/All-the-financiers-men

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Hotchin

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/hanover-finance-rescue-plan/news/headlines.cfm?c_id=1502795

http://www.interest.co.nz/news/64226/sfo-says-wont-be-laying-criminal-charges-over-collapse-hanover-finance-says-investigation

hahahahah

it is just sad that a lot of good hardworking people have lost their savings and retirement funds. But I guess that is just business as usual, and if these geezers would have just been (insert whatever) ....they would have not lost their money and be well off today.

blue rider
31st August 2014, 11:12

the prime minister gets an email and releases it? what has that got to do with the left wing?

Also please define left wing.

And if you are just trying to be fun and contrary, I think by now that most people are past that. If anything like this would have come to happen under any other government than national, there would be a guillotine on Aotea Sqaure and heads would be rolling.
As it is Collins is still an MP, she is still on the List, and if her electorate votes her back in she might very well be back on the Front benches in a couple of month - aren't you looking forward to that?

the thing you might want to ask yourself as an Oldrider is simple, is this the government you want, is this the government that you want to entrust with the future of yourself, your children and your grand children? And how much more can they fuck up before we can call them incompetent?

Bikemad
31st August 2014, 11:25
And how much more can they fuck up before we can call them self serving and deceitful ?

fixed for ya

blue rider
31st August 2014, 11:28
fixed for ya

cheers mate, sometimes i just run out of vocabulary.

buggerit
31st August 2014, 11:37
Those who live by the sword die by the sword:laugh:

bluninja
31st August 2014, 11:41
cheers mate, sometimes i just run out of vocabulary.

That's all good, as long as you don't run out of chocolate :cool:

blue rider
31st August 2014, 11:45
That's all good, as long as you don't run out of chocolate :cool:

me? never.

blue rider
31st August 2014, 12:26
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwUdhxGCAAAYf00.jpg:large
:)
from here
https://twitter.com/DebsHancock/status/505843027131109376

MisterD
31st August 2014, 13:02
You could do an interesting one of those linking Kim Dotcom, fraudster and internet pirate; Bill Liu, money launder and drug importer; The Labour Party; Cunliffe's blogger / lawyer mate, Presland who setup his secret trusts; Mai Chen lawyer, formerly secret doner and girlfriend; Nicky Hager; the Hacker...

bluninja
31st August 2014, 13:26
You could do an interesting one of those linking Kim Dotcom, fraudster and internet pirate; Bill Liu, money launder and drug importer; The Labour Party; Cunliffe's blogger / lawyer mate, Presland who setup his secret trusts; Mai Chen lawyer, formerly secret doner and girlfriend; Nicky Hager; the Hacker...

But can't you link anyone with just 6 degrees of separation?:killingme

One would think that connecting politicians, journalists/bloggers, and multimillionaires would require only 1 or 2 degrees of separation :crazy:

Bikemad
31st August 2014, 13:33
But can't you link anyone with just 6 degrees of separation?:killingme

One would think that connecting politicians, journalists/bloggers, and multimillionaires would require only 1 or 2 degrees of separation :crazy:

you left out crooks,liars,thieves and extorshanists

bluninja
31st August 2014, 14:27
you left out crooks,liars,thieves and extorshanists

Nope. As I said Politicians journalists/bloggers, and multimillionaires :wari:

oldrider
31st August 2014, 15:19
If anything like this would have come to happen under any other government than national, there would be a guillotine on Aotea Sqaure and heads would be rolling.
As it is Collins is still an MP, she is still on the List, and if her electorate votes her back in she might very well be back on the Front benches in a couple of month - aren't you looking forward to that?

the thing you might want to ask yourself as an Oldrider is simple, is this the government you want, is this the government that you want to entrust with the future of yourself, your children and your grand children? And how much more can they fuck up before we can call them incompetent?

No it wouldn't be any different, it doesn't matter which government is in they will all behave the same way unless they activate monetary reform!

Collins will still be voted into her electorate seat what happens after that is anybodies guess.

No it's not the government that "I" want!

They have already been called incompetent ... what difference does that make? We hear that all the time!

The sad part is that this lot are still the best of anything "seriously" on offer at the moment and our elections are a lottery try and forecast the result of the election!

You cant even do it after the election is over!

The politicians that have got enough permission ticks then select our (or is it theirs) government among themselves!

Their only loyalty will be to the members of any coalition that takes them into power I.E. "each other" not you the voter that gave them permission to suck up!

Flip
31st August 2014, 15:54
Well never put anything in an email or text you don't want to read in the newspaper.

For one I am sorry to see her go as I am in full support of her boy racer car crusher laws. Saying that I would never support or vote for any right wing goverment.

phill-k
31st August 2014, 18:09
The low life parasite slater has now laid a complaint with the privacy commissioner, against our leader for releasing to the media his private email which implicates collins, oh how the worm has turned, I would put money on it that Slater has turned septic and will do the Job Kim wanted to do, John will be watching his back now.

oldrider
31st August 2014, 19:19
The low life parasite slater has now laid a complaint with the privacy commissioner, against our leader for releasing to the media his private email which implicates collins, oh how the worm has turned, I would put money on it that Slater has turned septic and will do the Job Kim wanted to do, John will be watching his back now.

They are not behaving any different ... just using the latest media available to them and then the media general are using it as their own! :kick:

Scuba_Steve
31st August 2014, 19:31

Think you might be the 1st person I've seen call the media "left wing"... I haven't even seen the National fanboys call it that (tho they're usually bitching about Hagar or who ever that was with the book)

Richard Mc F
31st August 2014, 19:50

That is the risk taken when you trust incompetent and unstable people.

As previous poster mentioned why commit such thoughts and strategies to an easily spread and almost impossible to erase media shows an almost chidish naievity by the muck spreaders.

it is the old "want to know a secret? sorry can't tell or it won't be"

Fucken funny really:niceone:

mada
31st August 2014, 19:53

Here MisterD as requested, just for you. Sure I could have added a few more National MP's and associates to balance it up.

http://oi58.tinypic.com/35lt21i.jpg

:yawn:

MisterD
31st August 2014, 19:56
You realise that Bill Liu/ Yan and Donghua Liu are actually different people and the former has no relation to the Nats?

Obviously not.

mada
31st August 2014, 19:58
You realise that Bill Liu/ Yan and Donghua Liu are actually different people and the former has no relation to the Nats?

Obviously not.

Can you see where I put Donghua Liu on there? I suggest you put your reading glasses on....:yawn:

I'll let you make the one's for Donghua Liu and Deyi Shi eh?:nya:

JimO
31st August 2014, 20:59

Obviously not.
the cunts all look the same

oldrider
31st August 2014, 22:56
the cunts all look the same

Who? The Nats or the Asians? :laugh:

AllanB
31st August 2014, 23:04
can i burn the kitchen down and demand a rebuild, to a better design? one that, you know, ensures dinner gets cooked for everyone, the beer stays cold, and the women aren't allowed out...

Really - bet Muldoon killed off a few peoples future plans over a few drinks.

HenryDorsetCase
1st September 2014, 08:39
I try not to take pleasure in the misfortunes of others, but I was glad to see the back of this cunt.

It seems to me the conspirators up to and including Teflon John need to be in jail.

dinosaur
1st September 2014, 09:37
Good riddents to this arrogant smuck :bleh:

Interesting how she is claiming she is the victim of a smear campaign - well if you live by the sword then don't be surprised if you die by the sword
If you live in a glass house then don't throw stone
what you sow you will reap

...... bla bla bla - get the message Collins??

:violin:

TheDemonLord
1st September 2014, 17:02
Not voting (and therefore encouraging) the shenanigens at the zoo is looking more appealing day-by-day

pritch
2nd September 2014, 08:52
Not voting (and therefore encouraging) the shenanigens at the zoo is looking more appealing day-by-day

That is actually something that National are counting on. Their supporters reputedly are better able to tear themselves away from their TVs and the TAB, and get off their arse and vote.

James, your comment about being an idiot if you don't belong to a party was interesting, a different perspective.

I am one of the relatively small number of people in this country who from time to time change governments - and I take my job seriously. At one point Slater posted a diatribe on his blog about swinging voters (at my age it's the only kind of swinging I've got left). On the contrary, I consider the votes of all political supporters to be wasted votes. The people who vote the same way each time basically cancel each other out. It is the people who from time to time change their mind, and their vote, that change governments.

HenryDorsetCase
2nd September 2014, 10:04
That is actually something that National are counting on. Their supporters reputedly are better able to tear themselves away from their TVs and the TAB, and get off their arse and vote.

James, your comment about being an idiot if you don't belong to a party was interesting, a different perspective.

I am one of the relatively small number of people in this country who from time to time change governments - and I take my job seriously. At one point Slater posted a diatribe on his blog about swinging voters (at my age it's the only kind of swinging I've got left). On the contrary, I consider the votes of all political supporters to be wasted votes. The people who vote the same way each time basically cancel each other out. It is the people who from time to time change their mind, and their vote, that change governments.

totally agree with that. Every person who does not vote is a default vote for Nazional.

oldrider
2nd September 2014, 14:26
We must not forget to review all this bullshit once the dust finally settles ... it will probably be quite surprising! :wait:

PrincessBandit
3rd September 2014, 17:23
Good riddents to this arrogant smuck :bleh:

Interesting how she is claiming she is the victim of a smear campaign - well if you live by the sword then don't be surprised if you die by the sword
If you live in a glass house then don't throw stone
what you sow you will reap

...... bla bla bla - get the message Collins??

:violin:

And I see she doesn't shy away from a spot of name calling either (either happy to front up and call Cunliffe a moron publically on record, or rattled to the point where her politician-tongue is getting looser and untamed by the day).

oldrider
4th September 2014, 11:54
And I see she doesn't shy away from a spot of name calling either (either happy to front up and call Cunliffe a moron publically on record, or rattled to the point where her politician-tongue is getting looser and untamed by the day).

Only if it's not true ... Cunliffe is demonstrating that she is right ... every day! :killingme

caseye
4th September 2014, 21:08
He sure is!
Answer me this, if there was no Cuntylips, who else is there in the Laba party?
Drongo' got off to a good start in the 1st one then closed his gob to prove he was as dumb as the Nats thought he was.
Anyone here who has slaved all their working lives to own their own home, want to let Labour and their death duties tax by any other name ( Capital gains tax) anywhere near their family home? Or their shares, stock, bonds or simple Bonus Bonds etc etc, they Intend to make CGT apply to them all.

I wish there was another party with even a few good men in it to make this entire political species sit up and take notice but hey, better the devil we know than untried and certainly unable newbies.
God help us if the result is anything but a Nat's win.

MisterD
5th September 2014, 08:22
if there was no Cuntylips, who else is there in the Laba party?

That Kelvin fulla up North seems like a decent bloke, with some leadership skills if his past career is anything to go by. Probably another reason why the current front bench don't want him with an electorate seat.

oldrider
5th September 2014, 15:29
Puts this old song in my head :brick: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N44psHeFLRs ... :bash: . Then I can't get it out! :thud:

pete376403
5th September 2014, 19:10
He sure is!
Answer me this, if there was no Cuntylips, who else is there in the Laba party?
Drongo' got off to a good start in the 1st one then closed his gob to prove he was as dumb as the Nats thought he was.
Anyone here who has slaved all their working lives to own their own home, want to let Labour and their death duties tax by any other name ( Capital gains tax) anywhere near their family home?

you've been listening to key again rather than doing proper research

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11318517