PDA

View Full Version : GSX250 Invader 2004 clutch pushrod seal

tjl888
1st September 2014, 19:59
Has anyone replaced a clutch push rod seal on a 2004 GSX250 Invader?
I went to the Suzuki dealer and they told me that the part has been discontinued, they then went on to give me the wrong dimensions for the aftermarket seal.
The dimensions they gave me were OD: 30mm, ID: 6mm, T: 7mm - these are WRONG.

Since it's a one-way street I don't really want to pull the seal out until I have a replacement.
I know that the ID should be 6mm, the OD seems to be somewhere between 32mm and 35mm and I have no idea what the thickness should be.

Does anyone know of any good suppliers or even better dimensions or a part number?
Thanks!

Akzle
1st September 2014, 20:45
'somewhere between 32 and 35'
we'll make an engineer of you yet...
Try any engineering shop or saeco or some shit.
Theyll likely have em, so pull the old one FOR THEM to measure.

tjl888
1st September 2014, 20:54
Hi Akzle,
Thanks for the advice.
It's mm not inch, gearbox housing makes it quite hard to measure in place.
When I rang around with the dimensions from the dealer Saeco and SIL had nothing even close, so I'm not keen to pull out the seal.
The reason I know it's not OD 30mm is because I found a suzuki part number (through google search) with those same dimensions and got it from the dealer.

buggerit
1st September 2014, 21:07
www.sealhouse.co.nz

tjl888
1st September 2014, 21:18
Thanks buggerit, that website is awesome!
Sadly no luck in the search results, will try calling them tomorrow.

Akzle
1st September 2014, 21:19
you have vernier calipers?

tjl888
1st September 2014, 21:29
Yeah I have some, they are cheapos though and its pretty awkward to get them close enough to take an accurate measurement. If I could guarantee that I could get a seal that fit for a reasonable price (or when it becomes more than a chain oiling drip) I'd whip it out in a heartbeat.

ducatilover
1st September 2014, 21:51
Use a compass, dividers or scribe to get the O/D and measure them with your calipers.

GSeX
5th September 2014, 13:08
If you have to resort to used parts, I've had luck getting parts for my Invader from www.bikebitz.co.nz and a wrecker at www.nzbikeparts.com

98tls
5th September 2014, 17:21
Has anyone replaced a clutch push rod seal on a 2004 GSX250 Invader?
I went to the Suzuki dealer and they told me that the part has been discontinued, they then went on to give me the wrong dimensions for the aftermarket seal.
The dimensions they gave me were OD: 30mm, ID: 6mm, T: 7mm - these are WRONG.

Since it's a one-way street I don't really want to pull the seal out until I have a replacement.
I know that the ID should be 6mm, the OD seems to be somewhere between 32mm and 35mm and I have no idea what the thickness should be.

Does anyone know of any good suppliers or even better dimensions or a part number?
Thanks!

Seems bloody odd that Suzuki cant supply one for a 2004 i can still get anything for my old 98 TLS,i would go to the likes of Ron Ayres website,betting they can supply one or at very least you can cross reference the part number,it wont be the only model with a seal of those dimensions.https://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CBwQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ronayers.com%2FFICHE-C22846.aspx&ei=aEgJVIGYHoqKuASoiIHwDA&usg=AFQjCNG_aoNsZPIqSmXop4h3ZzZE-pxg2g

ducatilover
5th September 2014, 23:09
Seems bloody odd that Suzuki cant supply one for a 2004 i can still get anything for my old 98 TLS,i would go to the likes of Ron Ayres website,betting they can supply one or at very least you can cross reference the part number,it wont be the only model with a seal of those dimensions.https://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CBwQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ronayers.com%2FFICHE-C22846.aspx&ei=aEgJVIGYHoqKuASoiIHwDA&usg=AFQjCNG_aoNsZPIqSmXop4h3ZzZE-pxg2g

And the GSX motor being around since the early 80's. And Suzuki always use common seals on perishable/replaceable parts
Maybe teh dealer is a bit speshul