PDA

View Full Version : Misuse of Drugs Act 1975; a question for the "lawyers"

SMOKEU
2nd September 2014, 19:32
I have a hypothetical question:

Let's say there's a class B controlled substance that is available as a prescription only drug, let's call it "substance A". There is another drug that is VERY similar chemically speaking to "substance A", and we will call this "substance "B".

"Substance B" is NOT listed in the Misuse of Drugs Act 1975, and it is not internationally controlled. Do the analog laws mean that "substance B" is also a controlled substance, due to its similarities to "substance A"?

mossy1200
2nd September 2014, 19:36
I think if you mix substance A and substance B and heat then add substance C and D your breaking the law.:blink:

haydes55
2nd September 2014, 19:38
Substance A is that medicinal marijuana isn't it?

bogan
2nd September 2014, 19:41
I think if you mix substance A and substance B and heat then add substance C and D your breaking the law.:blink:

And if C and D are Paprika and Cardamom you're breaking the law, tastily.

Akzle
2nd September 2014, 20:09
schedule b is quite specific.
So is the act.
Read it.
And decide if you are an actor or not.

SMOKEU
2nd September 2014, 20:59
Substance A is that medicinal marijuana isn't it?

It has nothing to do with cannabis.

schedule b is quite specific.
So is the act.
Read it.
And decide if you are an actor or not.

SWIM may seek professional legal advice to clarify.

ducatilover
2nd September 2014, 22:10
Just shelf it if you're being caught.

AllanB
2nd September 2014, 22:18
Hitting the roids young man?

SMOKEU
3rd September 2014, 07:14
Hitting the roids young man?

SWIM wasn't intending to use steroids.

Banditbandit
3rd September 2014, 09:20

Let's say there's a class B controlled substance that is available as a prescription only drug, let's call it "substance A". There is another drug that is VERY similar chemically speaking to "substance A", and we will call this "substance "B".

"Substance B" is NOT listed in the Misuse of Drugs Act 1975, and it is not internationally controlled. Do the analog laws mean that "substance B" is also a controlled substance, due to its similarities to "substance A"?

No. Illicit chemicals are defined by their chemical formula - usually spelt out in the act .. any variation from that specified formula and the drug is not illegal ...

That's how the pseudo-cannabis drugs get past the legislation .. so substance B is not a controlled substance ..

ON an amusing aside - I saw a bunch of people get off growing cannabis charges (I know this is not about cannabis) ... they were caught with rubbish bags full (probably about eight bags) of cannabis leaf ... they got off because the DSIR tested the material and it did not contain enough THC to be illegal ... it was not Cannabis under the legal definition ...

(It had actually been washed to make oil .. we had a good laugh .. and the people walked ...)

dinosaur
3rd September 2014, 09:33

So you were high when you wrote this???
First mistake; asking for advise on KB ......... LMAO, this is the quickest way to get uninformed, ill-formed, contradictory opinion ..... but good luck working out who's opinion is right or not: :killingme

But I'll give it a shot anyway; if B is equal to A then C must be the square of D ...... easy really
B=C (D/E - f)
B=x

Oh - when I was a young fella we smoked some catnip - it has all the same properties of dope, the cops busted us, but no charges were laid
it was a laugh - for about 10 minutes ....... that was the first time I met the Aliens

Banditbandit
3rd September 2014, 09:52
that was the first time I met the Aliens

:doobey: Fuck off - I've never met you in my life !!!

Akzle
3rd September 2014, 13:28
Oh - when I was a young fella we smoked some catnip - it has all the same properties of dope, the cops busted us, but no charges were laid

what a hard guy. "busted by the cops" - fun fact, you can't get "busted" if you're not infringing legislation.

a shame you're wrong about the nepeta, too. being that it's an alkaloid "high" (like datura, or ciggies), not a cannabanoid one, and that it has different (still beneficial) effects, compared to cannabis.

hey, what was that you were saying about bad or just plain wrong advice?

FJRider
3rd September 2014, 14:52
what a hard guy. "busted by the cops" - fun fact, you can't get "busted" if you're not infringing legislation.

There are two parts to the Misuse of drugs act ...

1: Possession of Restricted/illegal drugs.
2: Under the influence/impaired by drugs.

You can be busted for being Under the Influence of legal drugs (including Alcohol). Or if your driving is Impaired by the use of legal drugs ...

Including .. as such ... Prescription medicines. Even if YOU were prescribed them. With some of these .. you are forbidden to drive (and be prosecuted if caught doing so) when using them.

So ... Prosecution would be for misuse (under the influence of ..) .. not possession.

Akzle
3rd September 2014, 15:28
So ... Prosecution would be for misuse (under the influence of ..) .. not possession.

that'd be infringing legislation, huh champ?

Ender EnZed
3rd September 2014, 16:48
Is substance B significantly stronger than substance A?

Madness
3rd September 2014, 16:59
Who cares? Just get a job as a big-fuck-off-truck driver and put the fucking hammer down, bitch!

FJRider
3rd September 2014, 18:06
that'd be infringing legislation, huh champ?

https://www.drugfoundation.org.nz/drivinghigh/myth-not-a-problem

Otherwise ... what harm could it do ... huh champ .. ?? <_<

http://www.legislation.govt.nz/act/public/2009/0017/latest/DLM2014936.html

SMOKEU
3rd September 2014, 18:09
Is substance B significantly stronger than substance A?

Let's say they're about the same strength.

Who cares? Just get a job as a big-fuck-off-truck driver and put the fucking hammer down, bitch!

I should do that, just to piss off Grubber.

saxet
3rd September 2014, 18:23

So it seems a person is just as at risk when not impaired by alcohol or drugs.

Madness
3rd September 2014, 18:27
So it seems a person is just as at risk when not possibly impaired by alcohol or drugs.

Fixed it for you. Bloody good point too, btw.

Ender EnZed
3rd September 2014, 18:35
Why not just get a precription for substance A?

FJRider
3rd September 2014, 18:40
So it seems a person is just as at risk when not impaired by alcohol or drugs.

Don't you love statistics eh ... if you are in an accident .... the chances are ... if YOU aren't at fault ... somebody else is (a 50% chance). :cool:

And ... the chances are ... there is a 50% chance that one of the drivers (including you) was/could be ... under the influence of drugs or alcohol. :calm:

But ... it wont happen to YOU ... RIGHT ..??? :whistle:

Akzle
3rd September 2014, 19:00

haha. Came across that the other day. Thats where i got the statistic that 4 in 5 people are just too fucking stupid to do anything.

FJRider
3rd September 2014, 19:08
haha. Came across that the other day. Thats where i got the statistic that 4 in 5 people are just too fucking stupid to do anything.

Sorry to hear that ... I'm sure you'll do something ... :calm:

someday ... ;)

Akzle
4th September 2014, 00:08
Sorry to hear that ... I'm sure you'll do something ... :calm:

someday ... ;)

im not statistically obliged to...

AllanB
4th September 2014, 16:20

I read a disturbing article some time back about truck drivers meeting up in secluded places for a bit of man-on-man.

Kind of explains the apparently compulsory butt-crack pants they wear.

Berries
4th September 2014, 18:55
Anyone who drives a vehicle with the word MAN written on the front has to be suspect. Especially when there is a bed in the back.

FJRider
4th September 2014, 21:36
im not statistically obliged to...

Just do what you do well ..

Nothing.

dinosaur
5th September 2014, 14:48
Who said anything about being hard you retard?
Just some young fellas having a laugh - that backfired on us
We noticed a cat toy that was stuffed with catnip smelt like dope when we chucked it on the fire one night
So for a bit of fun we sat in a local eatery (skippers), rolled it up and had a smoke (bit harsh on the back of the throat), we thought it would be funny ...... until the cops turned up - they didn't think it was as funny
Back in the days when you could smoke inside a cafe (that's a while ago!)

a shame you're wrong about the nepeta, too. being that it's an alkaloid "high" (like datura, or ciggies), not a cannabanoid one, and that it has different (still beneficial) effects, compared to cannabis.
What the Fuck you on about willis? you been smoking something? who gives a fuck whats in it! It smells like dope and apparently does give you a mild high from the very low level THC ???
It is considered very good for insomniacs

hey, what was that you were saying about bad or just plain wrong advice?

for your benefit - yes we did get busted - in as much as we were arrested and taken down to the police station, but we weren't charged
they did say they were going to send it away get it tested to see if we were telling the truth - I've got a feeling it got chucked in the bin

And for the record - who said it was advice - again you show yourself to be a bit of a troglodyte fucktard

Akzle
5th September 2014, 16:55
Who said anything about being hard you retard?
Just some young fellas having a laugh - that backfired on us
We noticed a cat toy that was stuffed with catnip smelt like dope when we chucked it on the fire one night
So for a bit of fun we sat in a local eatery (skippers), rolled it up and had a smoke (bit harsh on the back of the throat), we thought it would be funny ...... until the cops turned up - they didn't think it was as funny
Back in the days when you could smoke inside a cafe (that's a while ago!)

What the Fuck you on about willis? you been smoking something? who gives a fuck whats in it! It smells like dope and apparently does give you a mild high from the very low level THC ???
It is considered very good for insomniacs

for your benefit - yes we did get busted - in as much as we were arrested and taken down to the police station, but we weren't charged
they did say they were going to send it away get it tested to see if we were telling the truth - I've got a feeling it got chucked in the bin

And for the record - who said it was advice - again you show yourself to be a bit of a troglodyte fucktard

you're too retarded for me to bother. I hope you get aids.

dinosaur
5th September 2014, 23:55
you're too retarded for me to bother. I hope you get aids.

All that and that's all you've got?
Awwwww what a nice guy ........ I am starting to get hard of hearing
Maybe you'll be lucky and grow a brain someday