PDA

View Full Version : Puig Universal screen review

The End
5th September 2014, 15:26
After seeing a lot of Hornets and other similarly sized naked bikes online fitted with various types of screens I figured I would give it a shot and see what kind of difference they make to the bike. Having only owned naked bikes, I have never known what its like to ride a fully faired bike and what the wind difference is like.

I looked around in store and online in New Zealand and there wasn't much to choose from. It was either buy something specifically for the Hornet and spend lots of money, or get something universal. I chose to go the universal route, and ended up purchasing from a German motorcycle parts and accessories website - www.louis.de

I bought the Puig CS14 Cockpit Fairing (https://www.louis.de/en/artikel/cockpit-fairing/10006536?list=6942129) and had it shipped to NZ for a total of $108 NZD. Compared to buying it or something similar local which would have cost anywhere from $180. It arrived in 6 days from Germany, which I was most pleased with.

We all know what the Hornet looks like, but here is a 'before' picture:

And pictures with the screen fitted:

The installation process was easy, the screen came with a universal bracket and plenty of nuts, bolts and spacers. One thing that I particularly liked was that it also came with soft foam spacers, to put in places where the screen may vibrate causing issues with chrome/paint. In my case, this was where the screen touches the odometers.

All in all, I don't think it has made a HUGE improvement to wind buffeting, but any improvement is worth it, plus I think it looks great on the bike!

Maha
5th September 2014, 16:09
Looks great, not too in your face. I put a screen on my CB1300 because of the wind blast around the head area. It was smaller than your Puig screen but only because I didn't want to wander to far from the naked look, other wise I would have gone all girly and opted for heated grip :innocent:

BigAl
5th September 2014, 16:13
I agree, enhances the look of the hornet as well as being useful.

:niceone: