PDA

View Full Version : Crashes

KATWYN
26th January 2004, 10:01
Reading some threads about motorcycle crashes
made me wonder about when the actual crash happens, what hurts
the most at the time for some people, Pride or the injury for some?

Cos it just seems at the time of a crash it is never ok, but when some people discuss it afterwards, it comes with a bit of bravado.. the comment someone made on a thread saying you "aren't a real motorcyclist till you have had a crash" :confused2 that sort of comment really bothers me.

It seems when some people discuss Motorcycle crashes, it is a bit like the fisherman and the catch of the day stories.

Hitcher
26th January 2004, 10:07
the most at the time for some people, Pride or the injury ?

Cos it just seems at the time of a crash it is never ok, but when some people discuss it afterwards, it comes with a bit of bravado...(ie) the comment someone made on a thread saying you "aren't a real motorcyclist till you have had a crash" :confused2 that sort of comment really bothers me.

It seems when some people discuss Motorcycle crashes, it is a bit like the fisherman and the catch of the day stories.
It depends -- how fast, how far, what you were wearing, what you may have hit, if anybody else hit you (including significant others on your return home), how hard it hurt your wallet... and then there's that pride thing. Did anybody else witness this? Was it spectacular and worthy of legend status or is it something not to be spoken of again?

Best advice?? Stay upright!
:buggerd:

riffer
26th January 2004, 10:10
Every crash I've ever had has hurt physically at the time AND made me feel like an egg.

And they've ALL been my fault.

Luckily, I've had bugger all crashes.

wkid_one
26th January 2004, 10:34
the most at the time for some people, Pride or the injury ?

Cos it just seems at the time of a crash it is never ok, but when some people discuss it afterwards, it comes with a bit of bravado.. the comment someone made on a thread saying you "aren't a real motorcyclist till you have had a crash" :confused2 that sort of comment really bothers me.

The fact of the matter is - statistically you are likely to have an accident.

My first accident - hurt like F&*k, second one was worse...third one was only bumps and bruises, but mainly to my bonce and alreay damaged shoulder.

However - I knew I would fall off.......but it didn't make it hurt less.

Most of the time - the pain starts well AFTER the accident. Even with my dislocated shoulder I managed to get my gloves and helmet off and get my phone......wonderful thing shock and adrenaline.....

Falling off is a natural part of learning - of course you can ride by never falling off - imho however I don't think you are pushing hard enuf, BUT that is personal choice - not a necessity to enjoy riding, it just was for me.

Now - I have been trail riding - I have already fallen off more times that I did on the road - and nothing dented but pride

Jackrat
26th January 2004, 11:29
Yeah my old man used to come up with that,your not a real rider if you never come off crap.In the crowd I hang with if you come off you cop such a bagging it's best to keep your mouth shut.I know a guy whos nick name is Crash,His presence on a ride is not all that welcome.Which kind'a says it all huh!!

James Deuce
26th January 2004, 11:45
I've fallen off twice on the race track and both times my hips (both sides - how does that happen?) copped a beating. Nothing broken though because all the bikes are going in the same direction and there's lots more runoff (even if it doesn't look like it) on the track. And you can plan more for where you are going to stop.

All my road accidents have involved breaks (either to myself or my passenger) of some sort, due to fetching up against a hard surface. As wkid says it doesn't hurt straight away. Heuristically speaking I reckon if it hurts straight away it ain't that bad, but if you are writhing in agony 30 minutes later you're in trouble.

franco
26th January 2004, 14:17
I've had about 4 crashes in my time riding with no serious injuries except to my pride. They were mostly within the first 12 months of me learning to ride a bike, about 15 years ago, and every incident I've had involved cornering.

When I first got back into biking after a few years off it (5 yrs ago now) I had one wee spill in the Rimatakas. Basically took a corner too hot. I think I developed a fear of cornering as a result - not good for a motorcyclist aye ?!

Shortly after that, I had the opportunity to go on a Stay Upright track day session in Manfield. My bike theory, practical handling and awareness skills, particularly with cornering, improved what felt like 300%. I'm no racer, but to this day I now look forward to getting into twisty backroads, rather than fear them. Yeah. :2thumbsup

Lou Girardin
26th January 2004, 14:55
It usually doesn't hurt when you hit, it's a few minutes later that you feel it.
Lou

KATWYN
26th January 2004, 15:30
The fact of the matter is - statistically you are likely to have an accident.

My first accident - hurt like F&*k, second one was worse...third one was only bumps and bruises, but mainly to my bonce and alreay damaged shoulder.

However - I knew I would fall off.......but it didn't make it hurt less.

Most of the time - the pain starts well AFTER the accident. Even with my dislocated shoulder I managed to get my gloves and helmet off and get my phone......wonderful thing shock and adrenaline.....

Falling off is a natural part of learning - of course you can ride by never falling off - imho however I don't think you are pushing hard enuf, BUT that is personal choice - not a necessity to enjoy riding, it just was for me.

Now - I have been trail riding - I have already fallen off more times that I did on the road - and nothing dented but pride

Yea I did a lot of falling off on my off road motorcycle (prior to getting into
road riding) and it is not nice...It can be scary...I wondered sometimes why I was doing it in the first place, but kept at it cos I love it. But the thought off coming off on the road is REALLY a rather daunting thought and one that I would like to say i've never done by the time I get to the end of my motorcycling career (when i'm old and grey) statistics or not! :sweatdrop

Yamahamaman
26th January 2004, 15:41
Hi KATWYN. Just a little tounge in cheek here, but if you are riding in or around Auckland, you may find yourself 'grey' long before you are 'old'. It appears to be happening to me.... :eek:

Motu
26th January 2004, 15:54
Big ones are like being mauled by a tiger - no pain,but you are aware that something bad is happening.It goes down on a scale from there,you feel the injuries happening and know it's going to hurt soon,then small ones where it hurts right now!

None are nice - stay away.

KATWYN
26th January 2004, 16:23
Hi KATWYN. Just a little tounge in cheek here, but if you are riding in or around Auckland, you may find yourself 'grey' long before you are 'old'. It appears to be happening to me.... :eek:

How do you like your (faster red) 2001 yzrf6? I think it the most awesome bike to ride and to look at. The other day I had someone say to me what is your dream bike? I replied pointing - that one over there parked in the garage ! :2thumbsup I feel lucky to own one (blue)

The only improvements to the 2001 look I reakon...is having twin exhausts up underneath the seat and the little gap in the front to be complete like the R1.

750Y
26th January 2004, 18:50
no-one likes to crash, but it's a fact of life if you are pushing hard or riding past your limit or just a crap rider like myself. Yeah yeah we could all stay within our comfort zone & be smug about others going down(eg 'crash' ...JR), anyone can do that if they choose. hell, an R6 is a race bike with a number plate (i know I've owned one a few years back). they are purpose built for going hard. you could buy one & tootle round but then you shouldn't be on an R6 pretending in the first place. going down sux but you learn from mistakes and can move forward if you're serious & honest about your roadcraft. I like hearing crash stories, helps to keep it real & reminds me why i try hard to improve & stay safe while enjoying the reasons i ride.

wkid_one
26th January 2004, 20:14
Interesting thought tho.....in all the sports and pasttimes I have taken part in (quite a few) I have seldom injured myself whilst in competition. The vast majority of accidents occur when practising and/or mucking around........this has actually been studied in general terms by ACC.

The principal reason....is mindset - no matter how much you try.....most people don't concentrate as much when practising/mucking around - and errors are more likely to occur.

Same goes with riding - many riders don't fall off when going hard - because they are concentrating at their utmost......a lot of accidents happen when you are tootling around enjoying yourself......

In saying that, if you are anything like I was and you like seeing how far something will go before it breaks.....then yes, you will most likely fall off. I always said three accidents would be my lot.......

If you get fixated on crashing - you will crash
If you become blase - you will likely crash
If your confidence>capacity you will likely crash

You only have to look at the motorcycle and the factors that can contribute to a crash to realise - riding is a constant endeavour to minimise hazards - that is part of the fun - the risk

My thoughts anyway........

KATWYN
26th January 2004, 20:16
no-one likes to crash, but it's a fact of life if you are pushing hard or riding past your limit or just a crap rider like myself. Yeah yeah we could all stay within our comfort zone & be smug about others going down(eg 'crash' ...JR), anyone can do that if they choose. hell, an R6 is a race bike with a number plate (i know I've owned one a few years back). they are purpose built for going hard. you could buy one & tootle round but then you shouldn't be on an R6 pretending in the first place. going down sux but you learn from mistakes and can move forward if you're serious & honest about your roadcraft. I like hearing crash stories, helps to keep it real & reminds me why i try hard to improve & stay safe while enjoying the reasons i ride.

Hey 750y I like to push the limits on the track,where you are supposed to.
Not on the road where there are moving cage dwellers like you coming the
other way. Why don't you own an R6 now? does it make you uncomfortable that a girl rides an R6 (how could that be), so you have to put me down? :baby:

p.s i'm not smug about bike accidents by any means. but I think people that
say dumb things about their accidents will never learn and give other motorcyclists a bad name. we pay horrendous ACC levies cos of this sort of person. Accidents happen thats why they are called accidents, but show offs are just a pain in the butt

wkid_one
26th January 2004, 20:33
going down sux but you learn from mistakes and can move forward if you're serious & honest about your roadcraft. I
I made my biggest riding improvements after my second accident.....

Often an accident can be the only catalyst to a rider to improve their riding skills (sad I know - but true)......until we learn we aren't YDFC, often we live in the illusion we are.....

The common quote is

Anyone who doesnt make mistakes isnt trying hard enough. (Terry Hands)
or
The only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does anything. (Sophia Loren)
or
People who make no mistakes lack boldness and the spirit of adventure. They are the brakes on the wheels of progress. (Dr Dale E Turner)

Or my favourite
The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one (Elbert Hubbard)

I don't know why I put those in - but hopefully you get my point....falling off a bike is only a bad thing if you don't learn from it.......

KATWYN
26th January 2004, 20:39
I made my biggest riding improvements after my second accident.....

Often an accident can be the only catalyst to a rider to improve their riding skills (sad I know - but true)......until we learn we aren't YDFC, often we live in the illusion we are.....

The common quote is

Anyone who doesnt make mistakes isnt trying hard enough. (Terry Hands)
or
The only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does anything. (Sophia Loren)
or
People who make no mistakes lack boldness and the spirit of adventure. They are the brakes on the wheels of progress. (Dr Dale E Turner)

Or my favourite
The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one (Elbert Hubbard)

I don't know why I put those in - but hopefully you get my point....falling off a bike is only a bad thing if you don't learn from it.......

This is the point i'm trying to make. previous quote: I think people that
say dumb things about their accidents will never learn and give other motorcyclists a bad name. we pay horrendous ACC levies cos of this sort of person. Accidents happen thats why they are called accidents, but show offs are just a pain in the butt

750Y
26th January 2004, 21:04
hey Katwyn, I wasn't trying to put you down, sorry if you took it that way, maybe didn't choose my words that well's all. the only thing that hurts is you pointing out I have no bike.... ouch!

Yamahamaman
26th January 2004, 21:07
Also have to mention that when a 'Farmer' (dairy - whatever) falls off his farm (bike/quad) and gets run over by same - it all gets recorded as a motorcycle accident. Doctors don't care to be accurate so long as they get their fee. I know that Farmer's pay a ACC levy, however I doubt whether misfortunes regarding quad/bike events are ever debited against that particular ACC account.

KATWYN
27th January 2004, 08:09
hey Katwyn, I wasn't trying to put you down, sorry if you took it that way, maybe didn't choose my words that well's all. the only thing that hurts is you pointing out I have no bike.... ouch!

Oh I thought you had a bike! cos you mentioned "when you ride". So wasn't
trying to point that out that you didn't have one :Oops: . I would hate to think cos I haven't had a crash..yet...touch wood etc, that im seen as a try hard cos of the bike I ride and how I ride it. :)

Yamahaman, as for quad bike in statistics yea that is true. I get a bit thing about show offs on road bikes and ACC levies etc.Cos I have encountered at least three (too many) on the road (in the last 2 years) on rides I personally have been on that ruin it for everyone else who is riding, they crash out on a nice group ride, cos they are pushing the limits and showing off to everyone. This puts a major damper on the day. This type of thing doesnt have to happen. (ie) passing you on blind corners, then later losing it; tail gating other bikers endangering them then losing it, and pulling out, not looking, doing head checks etc and nearly taking everyone else out :bash:

Jackrat
27th January 2004, 08:19
Jezz Katwyn,You have just pointed out most of the reasons I don't like to ride in groups.The tail gaters I hate with a passion.I never been able to work out why they don't just pass you.There is nothing more iritating than some clingon one a small bike trying to prove something to themselfs nobody else gives a shit about.They never seem to care that they are puting everyone else in danger. :mad:

James Deuce
27th January 2004, 09:14
This is the point i'm trying to make. previous quote: I think people that

Sorry I can't accept that "accidents" happen on the road. Someone always creates a situation to cause the so called "accident". There are actually very few unavoidable accidents in life, and far too many stupid decisions or examples of stupid behaviour are labelled as "accidents" on the road. The word accident is a cop out for all involved and can be used as an excuse to not learn anything about yourself or using the road. Even mechanical failure can be put down to incompetence, either by a mechanic or the operator not servicing their vehicle enough.

Jim2

KATWYN
27th January 2004, 09:55
Sorry I can't accept that "accidents" happen on the road. Someone always creates a situation to cause the so called "accident". There are actually very few unavoidable accidents in life, and far too many stupid decisions or examples of stupid behaviour are labelled as "accidents" on the road. The word accident is a cop out for all involved and can be used as an excuse to not learn anything about yourself or using the road. Even mechanical failure can be put down to incompetence, either by a mechanic or the operator not servicing their vehicle enough.

Jim2

Its an interesting point. In the industrial workplace accidents arena, I learnt (OSH facts) that 95% of ACCIDENTS occur because of lack of managment of safety systems/ procedures/unsafe equipment /training & deliberate horsing around etc so therefore in theory (?) 95% of accidents can be avoided. However the other 5% is human error. Which I can imagine really is out of anyones control. Just a thought- this is where "no human is perfect" comes in I suppose

750Y
27th January 2004, 09:59
just wanted to clarify things a little regarding my history as I feel that I am sounding like 'Crash man joe' here.
I have owned 11 bikes in my life, 9 of which were road bikes.
my first road bike at age 7 i rode on the road & my grandfather would wheel it out to the footpath & lean it against the gutter so I could get on. I hardly ever crashed my dirtbikes because I was too small to pick them up.
My first road crash was in 1996 and have had a total 4 crashes on the road, 1 on the track. 2 involved some seriously poor car driving, 1 was at jogging pace hitting diesel in the rain while braking downhill and one involved loose road surface on the b-roads i frequent. I got up & walked away from them all, 3 i broke bones,2 i went to hospital for. no insurance claims ever.
they were all my fault, I accept that & I learned a lot. I haven't crashed on the road for almost 2 years. I am a lone rider with the exception of 1 KB ride with my lady on the back & several rides with a another cool kb-er who was learning at the time. I always try to practise good judgement and choose my times/places carefully, i never drink & ride, I drive my ute with consideration. I (used to) ride all weathers everyday not just a 'weekend rider' & average 20-25kms/year.
If that makes me one of those people who makes everyone else look bad & puts up the acc levies, then I'm sorry, but I never planned it that way.
I could buy a bike right now(and boy do i want to and it costs $20k) but am getting married in 6 weeks so it's my sacrifice. i sold my last bike 3 weeks ago.
that's all I feel i need to say.

wkid_one
27th January 2004, 10:31
Jezz Katwyn,You have just pointed out most of the reasons I don't like to ride in groups.The tail gaters I hate with a passion.I never been able to work out why they don't just pass you.There is nothing more iritating than some clingon one a small bike trying to prove something to themselfs nobody else gives a shit about.They never seem to care that they are puting everyone else in danger. :mad:
Shit Jack - can you PLEASE stop saying things I agree with.

When I ride in a group - I close my wing mirrors in to the fairing...I don't want to know who is behind me......it is distracting and can cause you to do stupid things in reaction to what you think they may do....

I prefer to stay at the front of the group or the very back. Not in the middle.

I will always ride at the back when riding with a new group because you don't know how idiotic they are.

KATWYN
27th January 2004, 11:00
just wanted to clarify things a little regarding my history as I feel that I am sounding like 'Crash man joe' here.
I have owned 11 bikes in my life, 9 of which were road bikes.
my first road bike at age 7 i rode on the road & my grandfather would wheel it out to the footpath & lean it against the gutter so I could get on. I hardly ever crashed my dirtbikes because I was too small to pick them up.
My first road crash was in 1996 and have had a total 4 crashes on the road, 1 on the track. 2 involved some seriously poor car driving, 1 was at jogging pace hitting diesel in the rain while braking downhill and one involved loose road surface on the b-roads i frequent. I got up & walked away from them all, 3 i broke bones,2 i went to hospital for. no insurance claims ever.
they were all my fault, I accept that & I learned a lot. I haven't crashed on the road for almost 2 years. I am a lone rider with the exception of 1 KB ride with my lady on the back & several rides with a another cool kb-er who was learning at the time. I always try to practise good judgement and choose my times/places carefully, i never drink & ride, I drive my ute with consideration. I (used to) ride all weathers everyday not just a 'weekend rider' & average 20-25kms/year.
If that makes me one of those people who makes everyone else look bad & puts up the acc levies, then I'm sorry, but I never planned it that way.
I could buy a bike right now(and boy do i want to and it costs $20k) but am getting married in 6 weeks so it's my sacrifice. i sold my last bike 3 weeks ago.
that's all I feel i need to say.

Its obvious by your post you arent one of the type i'm speaking of! congrats to you on getting married. shes a lucky girl to be marrying a man willing to
sacrifice the bike. All these posts of mine are just my opinion that I feel strongly about and it has felt real good to be able to share on this forum. the feedback is great! :rockon:

Motu
27th January 2004, 11:11
Sacrificing his bike for a chick - what a wanker,setting yourself up for life there mate.

Jack and Wkid,I'm probably one of those pricks on group rides - I can't ride at their pace....on the twisty stuff they slow right down and I'm up everyone arse trying to get them out of the way,then on the straight stuff they fly past like I'm on a Vespa.I prefer not to ride with anyone,but If I have to stay way back,but I keep running over slow riders,then stop till they pass again.Just a waste of time.

Jackrat
27th January 2004, 11:41
I'm probably in a similar position to you myself Motu,I can't keep up on the straight bits but have no worries in the twistys.The guys I am talking about are those that when given the gap just sit there.Another one that really gets me are the guys that pass a car an then slow down leaving no room for those that may have followed them.
Maybe my wife is right an I'm just a grumpy bastard :o :whistle:

750Y
27th January 2004, 11:58
Sacrificing his bike for a chick - what a wanker,setting yourself up for life there mate.

lol, I have been with my lovely lady 10 years and have 2 beautiful children. a bike is just rubber & steel. oh & i ain't your mate, lol 8-).
oh & thanks for the compliment about the mrs Katwyn, but i'm the lucky one.

wkid_one
27th January 2004, 12:58
Motu - I am like you.

I have ridden in plenty of groups like you mention. Apart from the odd big blow out, I refuse to travel at speeds over 130kph down straight (as I refuse to lose my license in a straight line)....I prefer to go hard in the windy stuff and let the idiots be mental down the straights (again, apart from the odd time when the throttle gets the better of me....)

Traditionally I have stayed at the back of groups for this very reason....

riffer
27th January 2004, 13:21
Sacrificing his bike for a chick - what a wanker
Jeez Motu, I would have thought the man that sacrificed his need for his wife's was the one most likely not to end up the wanker in the long run :rolleyes:

Actually my wife sacrificed her needs so I could have my bike - it was either a vasectomy reversal or bike.

Still, no point rushing these things - plenty of time for the reversal yet...

DEATH_INC.
27th January 2004, 13:24

Yes, sometimes bikers relay crash stories with a bit of an extra ego boost added, that's just human nature and how people deal with a damaged ego. But it's also part of the sport/hobby. If you ride a motorcycle you are risking a crash someday. And just like the sport/hobby fishing (or whatever your in to) the stories and memories are something you cherish both good and bad. My crash was nasty, put me in bed for nearly a year, don't ever want to go through that again, but it was part of my motorcylcing experience, and part of my life. And sharing stories with one another helps us learn from each other and is also a part of the comradeship of motorcycling, because only other bikers get it. Firemen, cops, ambo's, nurses, soldiers, all swap stories and to any one outside that field it appears sick, but only cause they don't get it. So listen to the horror stories, try and learn something from them and hopefully it will help keep you safe.

Oops this is actually Draco, didn't realise i was signed in on the man's name instead of mine, the joys of sharing a pc. Sorry Hun. :Oops:

Sycophant
27th January 2004, 22:46
Cos it just seems at the time of a crash it is never ok, but when some people discuss it afterwards, it comes with a bit of bravado..

Well not many people would put up a video of themselves crashing (http://fit.wibble.net/Crash-320x240.mov)... But I did :) You can call it bravado if you like. I call it laughing at myself and learning from my mistakes.

Motu
28th January 2004, 07:07
Jeez Motu, I would have thought the man that sacrificed his need for his wife's was the one most likely not to end up the wanker in the long run :rolleyes:

Actually my wife sacrificed her needs so I could have my bike - it was either a vasectomy reversal or bike.

Still, no point rushing these things - plenty of time for the reversal yet...

I just get soooo sick of the ''I gave up bikes for marrige,kids,mortgage,career'' line - oh,and some people give up bikes because of God....but no way and I getting into that one!

wkid_one
28th January 2004, 07:15
Well not many people would put up a video of themselves crashing (http://fit.wibble.net/Crash-320x240.mov)... But I did :) You can call it bravado if you like. I call it laughing at myself and learning from my mistakes.
Man....I wish I had a video of my accident - according to the guy coming the other way it was a good one to watch....

PeteThePom
28th January 2004, 07:40
I just get soooo sick of the ''I gave up bikes for marrige,kids,mortgage,career'' line - oh,and some people give up bikes because of God....but no way and I getting into that one!
I think that sometimes peole can use that as an excuse when often the real reason is for whatever that they have come to the end of their riding careers, maybe because a new 'sport of the moment' has attracted them, maybe they woke up and realised that riding scares them these days or as in the case of a friend of mine, coming round a corner to see in his words 'a shop dummy dressed in full leathers with a blanket over it's head' and realising that it wasn't a dummy but of course none of those reasons will generally be accepted by your riding peers(apart from the last one maybe, sure we've all had stark reminders of our mortality at some point) so the age old marriage/kids blah blah line is trotted out, mind you if marriage meant giving up my bike then obviously it would mean I was marrying the bloody wrong woman.

Happilly for me I got married, had a kid, bought a house. sold a house, emmigrated to NZ and I STILL GOT MY BIKE!!

Jackrat
28th January 2004, 08:11
Yeah,Pete an Motu I agree with both of you on this.
Iv'e known heaps of guys that have given it away for the reasons of marrige
ect,.I never have been able to work that one one.
Give up riding???hell may as well give up breathing.

Firefight
28th January 2004, 08:46
[QUOTE=KATWYN], I think it the most awesome bike to ride and to look at. The other day I had someone say to me what is your dream bike? I replied pointing - that one over there parked in the garage ! :2thumbsup I feel lucky to own one (blue)

Yep, I'd have to agree with that :2thumbsup ,

firefight :wavey:

Hitcher
28th January 2004, 11:15
and I STILL GOT MY BIKE!!
AND it's a Zrex!! Well done that man!
:niceone:

KATWYN
28th January 2004, 11:27
[QUOTE=KATWYN], I think it the most awesome bike to ride and to look at. The other day I had someone say to me what is your dream bike? I replied pointing - that one over there parked in the garage ! :2thumbsup I feel lucky to own one (blue)

Yep, I'd have to agree with that :2thumbsup ,

firefight :wavey:

ohh yes you lucky thing! how does the 04 compare to the 01?? when they go
twin exhaust under the seat I will be tempted (but ONLY tempted thats where it will end!) with the new model (or have they gone twin with the 04?? I havent seen it yet)

Firefight
28th January 2004, 11:41
ohh yes you lucky thing! how does the 04 compare to the 01?? when they go
twin exhaust under the seat I will be tempted (but ONLY tempted thats where it will end!) with the new model (or have they gone twin with the 04?? I havent seen it yet)

No O4 has same pipe as all the others, no real diff between 03 & 04, the big jump was between 02 and 03, .

My 03 was that shitty black with the red flames, didn't like it, but man I love that Blue. :love:

firefight. :sunny:

wkid_one
28th January 2004, 11:55
No O4 has same pipe as all the others, no real diff between 03 & 04, the big jump was between 02 and 03, .

My 03 was that shitty black with the red flames, didn't like it, but man I love that Blue. :love:

firefight. :sunny:
The R6 is facelifted on an opposite 2 year cycle to the R1.....the 2005 will be the new facelifted R6.