PDA

View Full Version : Coming soon to a country near you

Scuba_Steve
2nd October 2014, 11:25
http://i.imgur.com/ZutBLp0.jpg?1

Despite concerns raised by dozens of academics, lawyers, rights groups, the dumped national security legislation monitor Bret Walker, SC, and human rights commissioner Tim Wilson, new national security legislation that will jail journalists and whistleblowers if they reveal information about covert "special" operations passed the House of Representatives on Wednesday.

The legislation cleared the Senate last week with bipartisan support.

No amendments were accepted, other than those introduced in the Senate by the Palmer United Party, which imposed even tougher penalties on leakers than originally drafted.

Anyone - including journalists, whistleblowers and bloggers - who "recklessly" discloses "information ... [that] relates to a special intelligence operation" faces up to 10 years' jail.

Any operation can be declared "special" by the attorney-general of the day after ASIO makes an application.

The legislation, which also enables the entire Australian internet to be monitored with just a single computer warrant, is a disgrace. Our Parliament, especially the Labor opposition, has failed its citizens.

awa355
2nd October 2014, 12:00
Now, there's a govt that is prepared to take charge. Most promising career in Aus, will be with the corrections dept.

mashman
2nd October 2014, 12:56
bwaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaa... here's hoping that people don't decide to start torching parliamentarians in order to get their money's worth. Hell, if you're going down you may as well do the country a favour too.

Oh and, TERRORIST, BOMBS, JIHAD, EXPLOSIONS, I'VE GOT A BIKE YOU CAN RIDE IT IF YOU LIKE, SEMTEX, BEHEAD, PLOT, PLAN, FUCK YOU OBAMA, FUCK YOU KEY, FUCK YOU CAMERON. Anyone checked to see if the actions being taken by the govt are tantamount to treason?

bogan
2nd October 2014, 13:01
Now, there's a govt that is prepared to take charge. Most promising career in Aus, will be with the corrections dept.

And to be fair, it's just a prison colony anyway.

yokel
2nd October 2014, 13:02
Let the drinking of the "poweraid" commence.
Hey if you don't do nothing wrong....

F5 Dave
2nd October 2014, 14:05
Well I'm going for a job with the secret Police & of course many of my actions will be justified; sorry I was pulling a wheelie in the course of my duties, and so on & so forth.

Of course I probably will be pretty merciless on you fuckers esp when it comes to screening your personal data and 'Holiday snaps' of yer missus. A fine if the photowork isn't up to scratch or if she's ugly.

buggerit
2nd October 2014, 14:21
They captured 14 suspected terrorists,let 13 go and kept 1,or have they let him go too?
So who should the Aussie public be afraid of?

Katman
2nd October 2014, 14:40

The Abbott government, for a start.

mashman
2nd October 2014, 15:07

+1... They're a hollow, or dense, conduit depending on which way you choose to look at it.

Banditbandit
2nd October 2014, 15:08
Let the drinking of the "poweraid" commence.

.. in 'strai'a you could still go to jail.

They captured 14 suspected terrorists,let 13 go and kept 1,or have they let him go too?

How do you "capture" "suspects' and what, exactly, had the said "suspects" done???

Hell, I believe everyone on this site should be arrested as they are suspected of breaking many road rules ... Imagine the row that would cause ..

The Aussie public should be afraid of their own government ... hell, I'd be afraid to go there just as a tourist ... jump on the 'net and engage in some debate here, Nek minute there's a knock on the hotel door ...

awa355
2nd October 2014, 15:41
Well I'm going for a job with the secret Police & of course many of my actions will be justified; sorry I was pulling a wheelie in the course of my duties, and so on & so forth.

Of course I probably will be pretty merciless on you fuckers esp when it comes to screening your personal data and 'Holiday snaps' of yer missus. A fine if the photowork isn't up to scratch or if she's ugly.

A lot of terrorists overseas use motorbikes. Dont trust any of them.

SPman
2nd October 2014, 16:17
Yep, the mad Monk and his cohort have crawled so far up Obama's arse they'll never see clean air again!

As in NZ, most Aussies haven't a clue about what's been passed - they're too busy freaking about dark skinned people with beards!

Don't expect the Labour party over here to object, they've been well right of centre for the last 30 years over here, as well!

Authoritarians of the world unite - it'll be easier to find them and dispose of same!

buggerit
2nd October 2014, 17:54

All smoke and mirrors, the cunts.
I see we are investing an extra half billion in the armed forces over the next 4 years, hope we dont end up supplying the cannon fodder
for the yanks shit fights while they direct traffic from 30000 feet.

Katman
2nd October 2014, 19:06
Yep, the mad Monk and his cohort have crawled so far up Obama's arse they'll never see clean air again!

I'm trying to figure out who is the more retarded - Tony Abbott or the public who voted him in.

ellipsis
2nd October 2014, 19:08

...are you serious or is that a sarcasm font...you wankfuck, yokel, three brain celled, automatonously forward thinking number...see what I did there...a nudge, nudge, wink, wink, your'e a fuckwit font...

yokel
3rd October 2014, 05:37
...are you serious or is that a sarcasm font...you wankfuck, yokel, three brain celled, automatonously forward thinking number...see what I did there...a nudge, nudge, wink, wink, your'e a fuckwit font...

could be sarcasm? I'll let you work that one out with your excessive number of brain cells.
is a "wankfuck" even possible? haha

scrivy
3rd October 2014, 07:39

Is that a bukkake????:cool:

or a 'pull out' and shoot??

Banditbandit
3rd October 2014, 08:09

See ... the fact that you have to ask that question demonstrates the level of your intelligence ..

scrivy
3rd October 2014, 09:12
Authoritarians of the world unite - it'll be easier to find them and dispose of same!

Sadly, we will head in the same direction here in NZ...... :weep:

What happened to democratic, transparent politicians, that had the publics welfare as their main concern???? When did it all go pear shaped??

It's like the Ebola situation, they intend for it to get worse....... population control....

I'm guessing they want anarchy to ensue, then to be able to whack us off at our knees......

ruaphu
3rd October 2014, 11:02
I'm trying to figure out who is the more retarded - Tony Abbott or the public who voted him in.

The public............. Abbott is just another front bum. Unfortunately the public think all front bums are useful.

Just remember that ole saying "ya can always tell a 'stralian' ya jus can't tell em much eh"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mstriumph
3rd October 2014, 11:05
http://www.businessspectator.com.au/news/2014/10/2/national-affairs/burqa-ban-religious-apartheid-wilkie

... on the basis that the new restrictions concerned deal with 'face coverings' and no mention of gender or religion is made, it looks like the bleeding hearts getting their knickers in a twist about this are further than usual out of their respective trees. :(

I wish someone would tell me why the same cretinous nitwits vehemently trumpeting the rights of poor Muslim females to be fully integrated in public places, associating with whom they please whilst wearing clothing of their choice WERE SO DEAFENINGLY SILENT when legislation was recently introduced over here banning members of motorcycle clubs from either wearing club gear or associating with ... just about anyone really?

It makes me feel like seeking entrance to parliament building's public gallery wearing my full-face helmet and jacket with Ulysses insignia prominently displayed. How far do you think I'd get?

When they say "everyone is entitled to have their rights of free choice respected" why do they conveniently forget the 'apartheid that is ALREADY enshrined in Australian legislation against certain sections of our community ....

.... and, if they HAVE to bring religion into it ... wouldn't it be disrespectful of government to enforce integration of Moslem womenfolk in the public gallery in the face of the strictly segregated nature of routine Islam? (or do they really think that men and women mix freely and equally in mosques and elsewhere? http://www.onislam.net/english/reading-islam/living-islam/islam-day-to-day/society/448987-being-fair-about-segregation.html).

Honestly - when I think of the embarrassingly huge amounts of hard earned taxpayer $$$ we pay politicians to act in everyone's best interests ... then see them squabbling about twaddle like this ... :killingme :facepalm:

mashman
3rd October 2014, 11:26
http://www.businessspectator.com.au/news/2014/10/2/national-affairs/burqa-ban-religious-apartheid-wilkie

... on the basis that the new restrictions concerned deal with 'face coverings' and no mention of gender or religion is made, it looks like the bleeding hearts getting their knickers in a twist about this are further than usual out of their respective trees. :(

I wish someone would tell me why the same cretinous nitwits vehemently trumpeting the rights of poor Muslim females to be fully integrated in public places, associating with whom they please whilst wearing clothing of their choice WERE SO DEAFENINGLY SILENT when legislation was recently introduced over here banning members of motorcycle clubs from either wearing club gear or associating with ... just about anyone really?

It makes me feel like seeking entrance to parliament building's public gallery wearing my full-face helmet and jacket with Ulysses insignia prominently displayed. How far do you think I'd get?

When they say "everyone is entitled to have their rights of free choice respected" why do they conveniently forget the 'apartheid that is ALREADY enshrined in Australian legislation against certain sections of our community ....

.... and, if they HAVE to bring religion into it ... wouldn't it be disrespectful of government to enforce integration of Moslem womenfolk in the public gallery in the face of the strictly segregated nature of routine Islam? (or do they really think that men and women mix freely and equally in mosques and elsewhere? http://www.onislam.net/english/reading-islam/living-islam/islam-day-to-day/society/448987-being-fair-about-segregation.html).

Honestly - when I think of the embarrassingly huge amounts of hard earned taxpayer $$$ we pay politicians to act in everyone's best interests ... then see them squabbling about twaddle like this ... :killingme :facepalm:

Scared old white muthafuckas projecting their fear onto a receptive public.

Voltaire
3rd October 2014, 14:25
If Kiwibiker was registered as a religion could we them wear helmets into banks? probably other benefits too but I'd have to talk to Brian....

mstriumph
3rd October 2014, 15:10
If Kiwibiker was registered as a religion could we them wear helmets into banks? probably other benefits too but I'd have to talk to Brian....

ok ... say I pull up at the pumps, fuel up then whip a full (XOS) burqa out of my pannier, throw it over my helmet and motor cycle gear THEN go in to the servo to pay ... would that work?

mstriumph
3rd October 2014, 15:11
Scared old white muthafuckas projecting their fear onto a receptive public.

you'll need to explain that one?

R650R
3rd October 2014, 15:22
But we can fix it all by exercising our democratic right to vote eh???
Don't forget we outlawed satirising our politicians here in NZ...
Nothings changed really, do something the govt doesn't like they will find something that fits to charge with... remember the guy charged with sedition for writing nasty words on Clarks office, the only guy charged with that in about 100 years of history....
At least Abbot is anti global warming and knows foolish carbon tax will cripple australias mining boom and economy, now that would have a much more major impact on our lives.

yokel
3rd October 2014, 16:23
See ... the fact that you have to ask that question demonstrates the level of your intelligence ..

With out a doubt it takes someone with a special kind of intelligence to ask the big questions and bring important issues to peoples attention

Voltaire
4th October 2014, 07:30
http://static2.stuff.co.nz/1383797957/910/9374910.jpg
" ...so I hang up on them...er they get cut off... and then they go off to Kiwibiker, . at least with Kiwibiker you don't get to hear the whinning winging moaning voices ":rolleyes:

Woodman
4th October 2014, 09:10
Sadly, we will head in the same direction here in NZ...... :weep:

What happened to democratic, transparent politicians, that had the publics welfare as their main concern???? When did it all go pear shaped??

It's like the Ebola situation, they intend for it to get worse....... population control....

I'm guessing they want anarchy to ensue, then to be able to whack us off at our knees......

They.........:facepalm:

mashman
4th October 2014, 09:53
you'll need to explain that one?

We're seeing the same things over and over and over in regards to how the economy is run. That's because rich white folk are manipulating the system by imposing laws etc... They use fear as their weapon to write those laws etc... that fear is their fear, not mine. The laws are ever repressive because those family's/organisations that are running things have been "educated" in a system that is about as far removed from reality as you can imagine and are scared shitless of everything that they don't like or understand, therefore they get into positions of power where they can ban such behaviour so that they can sleep better at night. blah blah blah

BTW, the usage of white isn't a colour, it's an action. Ho hum. Same shit, different decade, century, millennia

oldrider
4th October 2014, 10:54
Don't forget we outlawed satirising our politicians here in NZ...remember the guy charged with sedition for writing nasty words on Clarks office, the only guy charged with that in about 100 years of history....

My wife's uncle was jailed in Christchurch for about a year to eighteen months for that offence (sedition) unfortunately I am unable to find any history about it!

I would like to know exactly what went on about that ... he left for Australia on his release and never returned ... died over there!

At the time he was supposedly the only person ever charged and convicted of sedition in NZ, I have no idea of what the truth on this actually is! :confused:

Mental Trousers
4th October 2014, 11:15
Anybody who lets out information about an operation that should never, ever be revealed to the public should crucified, not the clowns who do a song and dance in public.

The NSA got themselves exposed and now they'll make damn sure their operations don't leak again.

mstriumph
4th October 2014, 12:06
We're seeing the same things over and over and over in regards to how the economy is run. That's because rich white folk are manipulating the system by imposing laws etc... They use fear as their weapon to write those laws etc... that fear is their fear, not mine. The laws are ever repressive because those family's/organisations that are running things have been "educated" in a system that is about as far removed from reality as you can imagine and are scared shitless of everything that they don't like or understand, therefore they get into positions of power where they can ban such behaviour so that they can sleep better at night. blah blah blah

BTW, the usage of white isn't a colour, it's an action. Ho hum. Same shit, different decade, century, millennia

You are channelling George Carlin ;) gotta love it!

mashman
4th October 2014, 16:34
You are channelling George Carlin ;) gotta love it!

:rofl:... nah, he's been channeling me :shifty:

mstriumph
4th October 2014, 17:10
:rofl:... nah, he's been channeling me :shifty:

but, but ... :( he's, erm, dead?

mstriumph
4th October 2014, 17:13
My wife's uncle was jailed in Christchurch for about a year to eighteen months for that offence (sedition) unfortunately I am unable to find any history about it!

I would like to know exactly what went on about that ... he left for Australia on his release and never returned ... died over there!

At the time he was supposedly the only person ever charged and convicted of sedition in NZ, I have no idea of what the truth on this actually is! :confused:

this guy? http://www.nzhistory.net.nz/future-prime-minister-peter-fraser-charged-with-sedition

oldrider
4th October 2014, 18:38
this guy? http://www.nzhistory.net.nz/future-prime-minister-peter-fraser-charged-with-sedition

Fraser, he was a conscientious objector in WW1 and brought in conscription for WW2 .. do as I say not as I do! .. Labour .. the working mans friend? :oi-grr:

Fraser was the first Prime minister I ever became aware of! :yes: Scarred me for life! :facepalm:

mashman
4th October 2014, 18:57
but, but ... :( he's, erm, dead?

He wasn't always without physical form ;).

Milts
4th October 2014, 19:02
This just about sums it up to me:

http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20130108.gif

See also "people are citizens on the internet too (http://www.smbc-comics.com/?id=2508)".

oldrider
4th October 2014, 19:30
This just about sums it up to me:

I just read your post .... do you feel violated? :whistle:

mstriumph
4th October 2014, 23:20
Fraser, he was a conscientious objector in WW1 and brought in conscription for WW2 .. do as I say not as I do! .. Labour .. the working mans friend? :oi-grr:

Fraser was the first Prime minister I ever became aware of! :yes: Scarred me for life! :facepalm:

i guess that's a 'no' then ... sorry

oldrider
5th October 2014, 08:07
i guess that's a 'no' then ... sorry

Yeah thats a no but hey, you don't strike me as the "sorry" type! :no:

Woodman
5th October 2014, 08:40
None of this matters, the ABs lost.

Seriously concerns me more.

ellipsis
5th October 2014, 08:57

...was only a matter of who would beat them, first...

Kickaha
5th October 2014, 09:09

What kind of motorcycles do they race?

oldrider
5th October 2014, 09:31

The AB's did not lose ... South Africa simply scored more points on the day! :facepalm: There is a subtle difference there! :mellow:

mstriumph
5th October 2014, 11:28
Yeah thats a no but hey, you don't strike me as the "sorry" type! :no:

I'm definitely the 'sorry' type if I've given unwitting, unintended offence (as I seem to have here?)

but when it comes to endorsing a national 'sorry' day

by an unrepresentative swill of a recent australian government
to the descendants of descendants of people (namely aborigines en mass ... which they aren't)
for a GOVERNMENT policy (way back LONG before I came here and so had no part of even tacitly)
of 'forcibly removing 'THEIR' children (when the only native children removed were obviously partially non-aboriginal and were, by all accounts, being treated abominably because of that)

then yes, you are quite correct, I am most definitely NOT the 'sorry' type :no:

In fact, I'm quite vengeful about it, wondering if it's not possible to prosecute said unrepresentative swill under its own anti-discrimination legislation as the very specific nature of its misplaced apology implies

total disregard for australia's complicity in the forced relocation and subsequent rape, abuse and buggery of countless british kids together with
the implication that the aboriginal 'half' of the removed australian kids is more important than the other half

and, as such is unworthy of even uttering, let alone remembering on a day each year when a day each year is all the ANZACs are allotted.

just thought I'd clear that up :sunny:

mstriumph
5th October 2014, 11:30
The AB's did not lose ... South Africa simply scored more points on the day! :facepalm: There is a subtle difference there! :mellow:

two excellent teams, waaaaaaaay in front of the rest of the world ... one team played better on the day?

oldrider
5th October 2014, 12:10
I'm definitely the 'sorry' type if I've given unwitting, unintended offence (as I seem to have here?)

but when it comes to endorsing a national 'sorry' day

by an unrepresentative swill of a recent australian government
to the descendants of descendants of people (namely aborigines en mass ... which they aren't)
for a GOVERNMENT policy (way back LONG before I came here and so had no part of even tacitly)
of 'forcibly removing 'THEIR' children (when the only native children removed were obviously partially non-aboriginal and were, by all accounts, being treated abominably because of that)

then yes, you are quite correct, I am most definitely NOT the 'sorry' type :no:

In fact, I'm quite vengeful about it, wondering if it's not possible to prosecute said unrepresentative swill under its own anti-discrimination legislation as the very specific nature of its misplaced apology implies

total disregard for australia's complicity in the forced relocation and subsequent rape, abuse and buggery of countless british kids together with
the implication that the aboriginal 'half' of the removed australian kids is more important than the other half

and, as such is unworthy of even uttering, let alone remembering on a day each year when a day each year is all the ANZACs are allotted.

just thought I'd clear that up :sunny:

Thats the trouble with text .. no eye contact tone or facial expression!

As "not the sorry type" I meant strong but opinionated and not prone to having to say sorry very often!

I would say about 180 degrees difference from the way that you appear to have picked me up!

I will stop now in case I am still inadvertantly digging a hole that was never intended to be a hole at all! :eek:

Woodman
5th October 2014, 12:47
two excellent teams, waaaaaaaay in front of the rest of the world ... one team played better on the day?

Absolutely, there was nothing in it, save for an ABs missed kick, and the Yarpies 12 year old kicking a huge penalty to seal the game.

ABs vs SA at Ellis park has gotta be one of the best sporting spectacles on the planet IMHO.

oldrider
5th October 2014, 15:53

Have just watched a replay, SA deserved their win but (considering all things) the AB's performed extremely well ... not much in it! :no:

mstriumph
5th October 2014, 19:13
Thats the trouble with text .. no eye contact tone or facial expression!

As "not the sorry type" I meant strong but opinionated and not prone to having to say sorry very often!

I would say about 180 degrees difference from the way that you appear to have picked me up!

I will stop now in case I am still inadvertantly digging a hole that was never intended to be a hole at all! :eek:

:drinknsin