PDA

View Full Version : Put your fucking phone down

Fatt Max
13th October 2014, 18:43
I used to get right pissed off when out riding with people and the minute we stopped, out came the phones and they were taking pictures and 'checking in' and all that bollocks. Couldnt talk to each other cos they were busy collecting 'Likes' and all that shite.
People got really upset with me when I pointed that out, 'Oh No, Do Not Blaspheme The Church of Social Media'...
Ironic then that I rant on a web based forum, but who really cares....
Maybe these twats should have listened to this guy..

http://themetapicture.com/if-this-video-doesnt-convince-you/

mashman
13th October 2014, 18:50
Like. Will tweet about it... and show to my kids, and recommend that they pass it on to their friends to share with their kids etc...

Maha
13th October 2014, 18:59
Life for most really has changed in recent years, the last activity on my phone was 5th Oct. Such things will never rule my day to day living, I like things simplistic.

nodrog
13th October 2014, 19:10
Translation - Black people don't have friends.

Oh he did have one, but he axed him.

P.S. I like update.

poke.

R650R
13th October 2014, 19:20
Screw you. you just made me watch a video with a gay black guy jabbering that failed rap school and that disturbing ad with the overly muscly Asian guy...
At least its not another text n drive thread whine....

http://www.owned.com/media/images/1/7/3/6/17361/rapper_logic_these_days_540.jpg

george formby
13th October 2014, 20:03
Concur. Recently got me an all singing & all dancing smart thingy. The only advantage it has over a phone is the excellent camera. Apps? I got this far without them & will no doubt go further. As per the last decade or so the phone spends most of it's time somewhere where I'm not.

I work in a restaurant & am mortified to say that probably more than 50% of diners spend more time on there phones than conversing or eating. Similarly, when I see a ped approaching a road crossing & they have things stuck in their ears I'm 97% certain they will step out before they check traffic.

Digital disassociation is here to stay & will get worse. Fuck em. If getting twatted, Wotsapped or liked is more time consuming than my company then ciao. I have better things to do & better people to be with. Can't find the "puke" emoticon. Really needed it earlier in the piece.

I may be just getting older & grumpier. If so, wishes do come true. Always wanted to be like Victor Meldrew.

scumdog
13th October 2014, 20:09
Always wanted to be like Victor Meldrew.

Me too! - but grumpier....:yes:

buggerit
13th October 2014, 20:19
Make someones day, send them a hand written letter by snail mail.:hug:

george formby
13th October 2014, 20:31
Make someones day, send them a hand written letter by snail mail.:hug:

I still do that! Love it. Nice paper, fountain pen, joined up writing.

mashman
13th October 2014, 20:33
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Ta5HnYtWBIs/0.jpg

Mike.Gayner
13th October 2014, 20:33
The guy who performed that song about how we use our phones and social media too much has Tweeted almost 20,000 times.

FJRider
13th October 2014, 20:42
On MY phone .. I can make phone calls ... AND text.

I LIKE it that way ..

Laava
13th October 2014, 20:51
My phone has an awesome flashlight built in that helps me stumble back across the paddock from the bar on friday nights.

Woodman
13th October 2014, 21:00
The thing that irks me the most about phones, but cellphones in particular is other peoples expectation that you must be able to be contacted at any time. (Work phone, don't get me started) Fuck I don't even answer the landline phone at home if i don't feel like talking to anyone.

nzspokes
13th October 2014, 21:22
I hate modern phones to.......

Bwhahaha

Grubber
14th October 2014, 07:34
My kids spend all their time trying to get on my smart phone and i'm spending all my time trying to get off it.:no:

TheDemonLord
14th October 2014, 11:05
Yeah, I do this - but not for social media - more work related (making sure servers aren't shitting themselves)

slofox
14th October 2014, 11:15
I use a dumb phone to call people once in a blue moon. And to take pictures of the tags I chase on the bike.

mashman
14th October 2014, 11:24
Stupid fuckin things are always running out of credit.

scrivy
14th October 2014, 12:06
I like update.

We all know you like it backdoor....:D

willytheekid
14th October 2014, 12:35
Don't care..Im a geek!

Hence just got a Asus Fone pad (7 inch screen)
http://i-cdn.phonearena.com/images/article/56712-image/Possible-Samsung-Galaxy-Mega-7.0-press-shot-leaks.jpg
...Jus cos I like to look stupid when answering a call in public!:facepalm: (I don't actualy need the phone to achieve this)

-I don't actually use mine for calls & txt's much (Im anti social!)...but media, games, web browsing and giving to the kids to keep them quiet...works a treat!...and no more squinting!!:niceone:

...they have there use's (my fav being GPS!...because I can get lost in the friggin supermarket!)

ps...not for pockets! lol

Big Dog
14th October 2014, 12:37
Ironically I read this on my phone at lunch. Empty lunchroom though.

Stupid phone / Tapatalk, apologies in advance.

mashman
14th October 2014, 13:27
ps...not for pockets! lol

You must have tiny pockets as I've been carrying mine around for the last 3-4 years, more often than not on vibrate only.

Swoop
14th October 2014, 13:30
Fuck I don't even answer the landline phone at home if i don't feel like talking to anyone.
One thing that is quite fun...
When the home phone rings and I completely ignore it when with someone. You can physically see them squirming and beginning to slobber like Pavlov's dog when they finally say "aren't you going to answer that?".

People have the mind-set that they must become a slave to their phone.

People got really upset with me when I pointed that out, 'Oh No, Do Not Blaspheme The Church of Social Media'...
A club I belonged to, had loads of mobile phones laying around while their owner participated in the sport. Most wankers left the fucking things turned on, so everyone else could enjoy the constant ringing while their owner was miles away!
I walked around switching them all off.
At the end of the day the owners would comment on having a nice relaxing, stress-free day without being bothered by the office/mistress/wife/bookmaker/etc.
Then they worked out their shoephone was OFF! :laugh:

Stirts
14th October 2014, 13:36
A club I belonged to, had loads of mobile phones laying around while their owner participated in the sport. Most wankers left the fucking things turned on, so everyone else could enjoy the constant ringing while their owner was miles away!
I walked around switching them all off.
At the end of the day the owners would comment on having a nice relaxing, stress-free day without being bothered by the office/mistress/wife/bookmaker/etc.
Then they worked out their shoephone was OFF! :laugh:

And when they turned the phones back on, low and behold they lost the job/mistress/wife/bookmaker/etc :msn-wink:

Swoop
14th October 2014, 13:41
And when they turned the phones back on, low and behold they lost the job/mistress/wife/bookmaker/etc :msn-wink:
But... They could look back on a lovely day of rainbows, unicorns, and happy dancing in the meadows!

and hanging around with good bastards, having fun!:Punk:

Stirts
14th October 2014, 13:52
But... They could look back on a lovely day of rainbows, unicorns, and happy dancing in the meadows!

and hanging around with good bastards, having fun!:Punk:

Exactly...phones can wreck the ability to fully enjoy and engage with others. But then I like the fact that turning them off can cause such chaos and mayhem more than farking rainbows and unicorns.

Sent from my taptalk using my tampon string

Big Dog
14th October 2014, 14:04
My bleeping phone is rarely I ever off. Nature of supporting infrastructure.

Stupid phone / Tapatalk, apologies in advance.

14th October 2014, 14:11
You don't fuckin say?..........

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/20/article-2609051-1D39C3E800000578-86_634x432.jpg

:facepalm:

Woodman
14th October 2014, 14:19
When the home phone rings and I completely ignore it when with someone. You can physically see them squirming and beginning to slobber like Pavlov's dog when they finally say "aren't you going to answer that?".

People have the mind-set that they must become a slave to their phone:

If someone came up to you on the street and started yelling "TALK TO ME , TALK TOME , TALKTO ME" would you talk to them?

Blackbird
14th October 2014, 14:29

People have the mind-set that they must become a slave to their phone.

Very well said :clap: I do the same and if I'm busy or eating tea, I don't answer the phone. My wonderful wife doesn't spend much time on the phone but if our land phone rings, she drops whatever she's doing to answer it, even if we have friends or family round. It really pisses me off because that's why we have call-minding service, for god's sake :nono: . Pavolv is the right description. Mind you, pre-retirement, I was a slave to the effing mobile phone so that's why it's not going to stuff up my retirement years :rolleyes:

14th October 2014, 14:54
If someone came up to you on the street and started yelling "TALK TO ME , TALK TOME , TALKTO ME" would you talk to them?

Depends... If she was cute.... :msn-wink:

husaberg
14th October 2014, 16:37
Exactly...phones can wreck the ability to fully enjoy and engage with others. But then I like the fact that turning them off can cause such chaos and mayhem more than farking rainbows and unicorns.

'Wow"... Its pretty hard for me not to interrupt this as being smutty, you have managed to cram that full of innuendo . As you were Shorty:rolleyes:

buggerit
14th October 2014, 17:29

Just turn the vibrate off<_<

Akzle
14th October 2014, 17:43
jst stopd to chk KB ++ found dis thred, LOL!!!!!1!

Sent from my iPhone.
like me (somebody, please.... anybody!)
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/images/af11/share.jpg

Maha
14th October 2014, 17:48

Yes but it would be something like ''calm the fuck down you deconstructed crazy mess''... oh you're Ian Drury aren't you?

Swoop
14th October 2014, 19:29
I occasionally get that at the front door when the god-botherers show up. Interestingly, they can be a bit of light entertainment...:devil2:

jst stopd to chk KB ++ found dis thred, LOL!!!!

Sent from my iPhone.
like me, somebody, please.... anybody!
I recognize google and farcebook. What is all that other crap?

Akzle
14th October 2014, 19:43
I recognize google and farcebook. What is all that other crap?

twitterlinkedinmyspacefacegoogleplusyahoobingreddi tbebotube

nothing important has ever happened because of any of those things.