PDA

View Full Version : New guy...

ching_ching
26th January 2004, 18:29
Hi folks,

New to the forum and glad to have tripped over this site.

I ride a GSXR Alstare Corona and loving every minute of it. Use it a lot for work as well as joy trips. Usually blat around the back of Lake Rotoaira for a quick blowout down here in Turangi homeland.

Once again glad I tripped over this site and hope to talk to a few of you soon.

Cheers

ching_ching

MikeL
26th January 2004, 19:54
Welcome Ching Ching.
As a biker in Turangi do you get lonely???
Why not come on the next KB Auckland ride (whenever that is - someone please organize something)? On that Alstare (as CK will attest) Turangi to Akl would be only a couple of hours...
:)

Zed
26th January 2004, 21:52
Hey there Kiwi, you have great taste in bikes!:msn-wink:

How long have you been riding for?

Zed

franco
26th January 2004, 21:54
Heya ching ching wit da bling bling (just kidding). welcome.

I drove the rode from Turangi up to Mangakino a couple of weeks ago (SH34/ 36?). Man that was a nice road, real fast and no cops. It and other roads around the area look like they were made for motorcycling. Do you know if cops patrol that highway?

LB
27th January 2004, 04:59
Hi ching_ching. Was in your neck of the woods at the weekend for a Ducati rally at the Aotearoa Resort in Tokaanu. Lovely road from Taumarunui to Turangi - yeehaa.

Welcome to KB

Lynda

What?
27th January 2004, 07:59
Do you know if cops patrol that highway?
I do.
They do. :(
S'pose they don't hand out many tickets, but I'd say what they do hand out are all big'uns. :no:

Hitcher
27th January 2004, 07:59
Greetings ching ching. Seeings how you live in Turangi could you please have a word with Transit about getting the switchbacks at the top of the Desert Road resurfaced...
Love your lake...

ching_ching
27th January 2004, 10:50
Welcome Ching Ching.
As a biker in Turangi do you get lonely???
Why not come on the next KB Auckland ride (whenever that is - someone please organize something)? On that Alstare (as CK will attest) Turangi to Akl would be only a couple of hours...
:)

Hi MikeL,

Thanks for the welcome. Yeh, doesn't seem to be many bike riders down these ways although I know a local mechanic down here who rides a couple of Ducs. I think we're pretty much closet bikers down here but we don't get lonely. The feeling of solitude disappears once one gets on one's bike, yes?

Later bro.

ching_ching

ching_ching
27th January 2004, 10:56
Hey there Kiwi, you have great taste in bikes!:msn-wink:

How long have you been riding for?

Zed

Howzit Zed,

Thanks for the welcome.

Have only been riding for just on two years now. Have only had the bike for just on a month and a half but try to ride every day if possible (trying to scrub those chicken strips off aye). I tell ya when most people see the Alstare that's all they seem to do... all stare. Just the unusal graphic scheme.

Catch ya later.

ching_ching

ching_ching
27th January 2004, 11:01
Heya ching ching wit da bling bling (just kidding). welcome.

I drove the rode from Turangi up to Mangakino a couple of weeks ago (SH34/ 36?). Man that was a nice road, real fast and no cops. It and other roads around the area look like they were made for motorcycling. Do you know if cops patrol that highway?

Yo franco,

Thanks for the welcome bro.

I usually travel to Hamilton at least once a month (lately on my cheap and nasty ute) and usually take the back road via Whakamaru, Mangakino, Kihikihi, Te Awamutu. I found that La Fuzz seem to appear when I hit Te Awamutu.
Also you gotta take easy during when Autumn / Winter... Waikato fog starts descending bro.

Howz the SV going brudder?

ching_ching

ching_ching
27th January 2004, 11:09
Hi ching_ching. Was in your neck of the woods at the weekend for a Ducati rally at the Aotearoa Resort in Tokaanu. Lovely road from Taumarunui to Turangi - yeehaa.

Welcome to KB

Lynda

Gidday Lynda,

Thanks for the hearty welcome. Yeah someone told me that they saw bikes cruising around on the weekend.
And yep, I usually shoot over to Taumarunui for a blat or to visit the gang at Bike Torque. That's where I scored my bike. Good gang, gave me a good deal and chucked WOF and 1yr rego on top for free. Usually on the way back I take the back way through National Park... breaks the monotony.

Talk to ya later Lynda.

ching_ching

ching_ching
27th January 2004, 11:16
Greetings ching ching. Seeings how you live in Turangi could you please have a word with Transit about getting the switchbacks at the top of the Desert Road resurfaced...
Love your lake...
:banana:

Hello Hitcher and thanks for the welcome.

With regards to our lake yep... one gets complacent and sometimes loses appreciation of the scenic beauty up here especially when making a mercy dash over to Taupo every so often.

Yeah... talk to Road Transit... might as well talk to my cat. At least my cat listens to me bro. Haven't done much biking south ways... might start making regular trips down to Waiouru but heard it's teeming with the highway fuzz.

btw nice bike

Catch ya later Hitcher.

ching_ching

LB
29th January 2004, 05:00
Bike Torque....is that still owned by Russell Josiah? He is a bloody fast racer!! And I believe his wife is Aaron Slight's sister?

And Ginger Molloy works/owns? the Honda shop in Taumarunui.

So for a small place in the middle of nowhere they've got some very interesting motorcycles!

Ching_ching: there were a couple of local guys at the rally on Sat, a guy with a silver SV1000, and a guy with a Duc, I think it was an F1?

ching_ching
29th January 2004, 08:58
Bike Torque....is that still owned by Russell Josiah? He is a bloody fast racer!! And I believe his wife is Aaron Slight's sister?

And Ginger Molloy works/owns? the Honda shop in Taumarunui.

So for a small place in the middle of nowhere they've got some very interesting motorcycles!

Ching_ching: there were a couple of local guys at the rally on Sat, a guy with a silver SV1000, and a guy with a Duc, I think it was an F1?

Gidday Lynda,

Yep Russelll still owns BikeTorque. Didn't check out the Honda Shop though. For a small place that's been on the decline ever since the meatworks shut down Taumarunui is still OK in the bike area.
I'm afraid I don't know who the guy is with the SV1000. The only guy I know around here with a Duc is a local mechanic here but not too sure what model he's got. I tend to just ride on my own at the mo... I'm a bit of a shhyyyyyyyy fulla, heehee. :rolleyes:

Later Lynda.

ching