PDA

View Full Version : Total TWATS at auckland uni

R6_kid
13th September 2005, 00:24
Today i saw a girl on the back of a 50cc scooter wearing sandals, a skirt and a t-shirt and no helmet. Her bf was fully kitted up - was a litle pink and black checkerd japper.

then just after that i saw a dick on a VFR400 wearing shorts and JANDALS!!!

both are totally illegal and i was seriously hoping they would ass out and learn a lesson. Really disgusts me to see people taking their own safety for granted, especially with no protective gear.

And just for those of you who arent clued up - its also illegal to:
A) not wear a helmet
b) to be on a motorcycle/scooter with open footwear (you can ride naked as long as you are wearing shoes and a helmet tho - go figure)

Mr Skid
13th September 2005, 00:31
then just after that i saw a dick on a VFR400 wearing shorts and JANDALS!!! Alex, looks like you're in for a spanking from team MILF. Cleaned your bike yet?

Ixion
13th September 2005, 01:03
A) ..
b) to be on a motorcycle/scooter with open footwear (you can ride naked as long as you are wearing shoes and a helmet tho - go figure)

Whilst not condoning it, I know of no law to that effect. What is your source ?

Motu
13th September 2005, 07:30
I hate tuesdays - I'm gunna go out and kill everyone who doesn't think like me,they deserve to die for being so fucking smart!

John
13th September 2005, 07:33
I hate tuesdays - I'm gunna go out and kill everyone who doesn't think like me,they deserve to die for being so fucking smart!
Only Tuesdays? - Common your loosing your touch, you should have the smite/pillage motivation 24/7.

Motu
13th September 2005, 07:41
Only Tuesdays? - Common your loosing your touch, you should have the smite/pillage motivation 24/7.

It would of made more sense if this wanker had made his post a day earlier -

Lou Girardin
13th September 2005, 08:11
The only legal requirement is a helmet.

White trash
13th September 2005, 08:16
Yeah, but they aint hurtin' anybody but themselves, so what the fuck. If I had'a been out cruising around yesterday, I woulda been wearing a T-shirt. Fucken pearler day.

Slipstream
13th September 2005, 08:25
wore shorts, shoes with no socks, no gloves, a t shirt and maybe a leather jacket on a cold night.

6ft something and 3 ft wide (muscley bugger) rode around on an RGV250 ....
I think I woulda worried for the ground rather than him if he fell off....

me... I had one bike accident, was wearing no gloves and was lucky to walk away with a swollen bloody hand ...bought some gloves the next day.
The only reason I ain't kitted up properly, is I ain't got the money honey...but I'm almost there :D next I might actually get around to owning a bike again *sigh*

Magua
13th September 2005, 08:30
Heh, before the mid semester holidays started, I saw someone riding past the uni on a street magic with no gear on, texting......I wish I'd taken a photo.

redbaron36
13th September 2005, 09:26
I agree with you there Gareth, a lot of idiots get that sort of kit at uni. They get a nifty fifty and think they are the fastest thing since sliced sh&t.
Well as long as they don't have there little thing fall on to mine she'll be right. - :violin:

bugjuice
13th September 2005, 09:27
yeah, I don't understand people like that. They obviously haven't thought out much about how skin great at sticking to the road, but skin is thin, then you get down the muscle quite quickly, then if you're really luck, the bone.. I think that'd sting a bit.. and that's if you haven't hit anything too.. mmmmm I wish I was 'ard..

Smorg
13th September 2005, 09:32
I'm to good to fall off so i tend to ride in my unides and helmet................im not ashamed of my figure, with or without skin on it :dodge:

BNZ
13th September 2005, 09:51
Yeah, but they aint hurtin' anybody but themselves, so what the fuck. If I had'a been out cruising around yesterday, I woulda been wearing a T-shirt. Fucken pearler day.

Darwins at its finest :devil2:

snuffles
13th September 2005, 10:08
Today i saw a girl on the back of a 50cc scooter wearing sandals, a skirt and a t-shirt and no helmet. Her bf was fully kitted up - was a litle pink and black checkerd japper.

I say wait till she falls off and get her while she's still warm

Pancakes
13th September 2005, 10:16
What is this "not hurting anyone but themselves" shit? If it's no biggie you tuffys should volunteer to scub the brains off the road after smashes. The guys stuck with the job at the moment don't seem to be laughing while they're working lately?

crashe
13th September 2005, 11:29
Yesterday while I was out and about on the bike doing not a lot in the gorgeous sun.... Well ok I am sorting out new soles for my HD boots.

Anyways... I went and brought a backpack ($15) at a wee asian shop (123 dollarshop), and the dude in there asked about getting a scooter or bike and what was required etc.. So I explained what he needed to go and do etc..

I got throu to him, to buy all the gear and a NEW full-face helmet...
NOT to ride without all the gear on... cos of what happens if he crashes.
So hopefully I got throu to him...

He was so keen to go and get a scooter/bike.

But yeah there are many up at uni on scooters with no protective gear on at all.

I pulled up beside a lady on a scooter recently out on Te Atatu Road....
said to her what she is wearing aint gonna save her skin....
her responce back was... "Oh I aint going over 50km per hour".
I was gobsmacked.. like WTF !
Yep she was wearing high heeled shoes, a skirt (past her knees) and a lite weight jacket. But she did have on a helmet (Open faced) can't recall if she was wearing gloves.

Some people have no idea.

Sure when its hot and sunny I wear my jeans.. but I do wear my jacket, helmet, gloves and boots.

Waylander
13th September 2005, 12:01
Till they do have a crash then ACC hurts the rest of us.

Smorg
13th September 2005, 12:28
:shit: above the knees!!!!!!
Perish the thought she should be arrested for indecent exposure!!!!! :rofl: :rofl:

R6_kid
13th September 2005, 12:45
wasnt alex... this one had fairings!!!

as for the shoe thing, im pretty sure its in the roadcode somewhere... perhaps its just a suggestion?

crashe
13th September 2005, 12:52
as for the shoe thing, im pretty sure its in the roadcode somewhere... perhaps its just a suggestion?

I know you aren't meant/allowed to drive a car in jandels... as they can easily slip off etc... Im sure that its written somewhere in the road code.

I know of one woman who has ridden her cruiser many times wearing Jandels... I told her she was dumb to do that... as others also told her...
Don't know if she listened or not...

Brett
13th September 2005, 13:00
I must admit, if i am riding a short distance, such as within my own road or the next road along, i sumtimes dont wear my heltmet or any gear at all...but i live in a very quiet area. If i am going somewhere close...like less than 2 mins but further than my road i wear my helmut. Anything further than this and I wear all my gear, jacket, helmet pants...blah blah blah...I have to think of what would happen if it was me vs. road.

DingDong
13th September 2005, 13:04
midnight at a strip bar in Mt Maunganui, I was on the upstairs balcony and I observed a ute with about 8 guys in the tray, 3-4 vans with the slider doors open with people hanging out and a mini chopper dude riding without lights, helmet or rego... I also saw three cop cars that night too.

I never saw anyone get pulled over... go figure :wait:

R6_kid
13th September 2005, 13:09
were any of them speeding.... didnt think so

sAsLEX
13th September 2005, 14:44
Alex, looks like you're in for a spanking from team MILF. Cleaned your bike yet?

no its still in urban *this is not a bike worth stealing* camoflauge!

so it was you who left the note on it aye!

Lou Girardin
13th September 2005, 14:52
When they recently introduced helmet laws in Italy, scooter sales plummeted.
Helmets didn't look cool and they messed up your hair.
And they think that if you wear helmets, seat belts etc. you must be expecting to crash, and so you will.

Sniper
13th September 2005, 15:09
I have fallen into the trap of riding in shorts and a shirt. Came off at 65kph and I learnt my lesson. Until they make the mistake we can talk until we are blue in the face. You can take a horse to water, but you can't make it drink

Fart
13th September 2005, 17:09
T
both are totally illegal and i was seriously hoping they would ass out and learn a lesson. Really disgusts me to see people taking their own safety for granted, especially with no protective gear.

Are you a psychology major?

NC
13th September 2005, 17:15
You can never trust anyone that wears jandels. Damn Hippies :dodge:

Phenoix
13th September 2005, 17:29
Have riden in jeans and shoes before, it does feel free, but really doesnt feel safe.
Neve riden without a helmet tho, a bang on the head and your really gone. Skin grows back slowly, ya brain doesnt

SixPackBack
13th September 2005, 17:34
Dudes on those little harley clones.....yeah the ones with 50cc motors. They apparently are bullet proof, they must be, a few of them ride past work everyday....no helmet, shorts,no gloves, a vehicle waist high.....death awaits them soon!

Calo
13th September 2005, 23:36
Dudes on those little harley clones.....yeah the ones with 50cc motors. They apparently are bullet proof, they must be, a few of them ride past work everyday....no helmet, shorts,no gloves, a vehicle waist high.....death awaits them soon!

Saw a mufti cop :Police: pull one of those over last week outside Victoria Park Market. :rofl:

I wouldn't have the balls to ride one either.

tracyprier
14th September 2005, 10:29
"I wouldn't have the balls to ride one either"

No, that just means you aren't terminally brain-dead :)

Smorg
14th September 2005, 11:32
my lil bro bought one so i put high octane fuel in it...................it went hard for about 5 mins then it kinda died :rofl:

mstriumph
14th September 2005, 12:19
.......................................... (you can ride naked as long as you are wearing shoes and a helmet tho - go figure)

... the law is not always an ass :hbd:

Phurrball
14th September 2005, 12:21
Aye - it shocks me to see some of the kit that people DON'T wear on their bikes and scooters around university...

sAsLEX
14th September 2005, 13:05
wasnt alex... this one had fairings!!!

its getting bad, was reading the latest superbike and had a write up on the MV agusta f4 1000 mamba or something rather, and in it it had a shot of it without the lower fairings, must say it looked better like that!

chickenfunkstar
14th September 2005, 17:02

then just after that i saw a dick on a VFR400 wearing shorts and JANDALS!!!

A) not wear a helmet

Yeah, I've seen Mr VFR400 before riding with no gear exept a helmet. He doesn't have much chicken strips on the back tyre so he must go pretty hard.

Saw the team MILF beast there on monday evening. Is it usually there or have I only just noticed because of the new paint job?