PDA

View Full Version : When are you too old?

Slipstream
13th September 2005, 08:02
Ok, I know the sayings,
"you are only as old as you feel"
or my favourite
"you are only as old as the person you are feeling" hehehe

But when is it too old, to be wearing a mini skirt, flashing ya titties, down trou-ing your mates infront of girls, wearing the shirt your wore in '79 and acting like a complete juvenille delinquent?

I have seen old women who really should give up on the whole make up thing, other older women who shouldn't wear young girls clothing (and some young girls who shouldn't be wearing older women's clothing), older men who are trying to be hip by wearing vinyl pants (and they aren't gay) and trying to wear their gold medallions like we're back in the 70's.

Peter Pan syndrome.... what the F is that all about?

I think it's great that people have the confidence to go and put on their mini skirts when they're 71 (yip, seen it happen...not a pretty sight) and old men hit on young woman like they're sean connery...."well hello miss money-penny"

but when is enough, enough?

I do the things that I do cos I want to have fun, but have I been bought up in such a way that when you get older, you must have more decorum?...Only on special occasions and in the bedroom can you dress up?

*sigh* I must be getting old....and oppinionated ....

but serriously....if someone is having fun when they're drunk....but look like a complete idiot and will be embarrased the next day for what they've done ... should you tell them for the sake of humanity, or just let them have fun for the night and reap the calous looks and smirks the next day?

FROSTY
13th September 2005, 08:05
cutting yhrough all the shit---yea YOU are too old to wear mini's flash ya titties and downtrou ya mates. --OHHH but the good news is a much younger man lorves ya :devil2: :devil2:

Slipstream
13th September 2005, 08:06
OHHH but the good news is a much younger man lorves ya :devil2: :devil2:

which one? :devil2: :devil2: and you forgot the young women too :motu:

JK

Slipstream
13th September 2005, 08:08
what do you think when you see a woman with a few years under her belt .... running around in clothes Brittney Spears wears? getting Jiggy with it on the dance floor?

Do you think, Good for you, or do you think, nice arse? or do you think...OMG!!! get IT AWAY!!!!

bungbung
13th September 2005, 08:11
If you will post up example pictures, then we can make a judgement :devil2:

Slipstream
13th September 2005, 08:17
If you will post up example pictures, then we can make a judgement :devil2:

I don't want to pin point .... poor wee darlings.....

On the visual side of the questions ... I always think "Good for you, wish I could feel that confident" but then I think "OMG, I soooo NEVER want to look like that!!"

and with guys dressing out of their own style....if it aint a dress up party...I walk away and hide.... yip...I admit it .... looks do mean something to me in a stranger situation.... but if you don't do the same thing...then you are either lying or a better person than me, but hey, :nya:

Sniper
13th September 2005, 08:33
Well, there is something for everyone I suppose. I have a friend in Wiaouru who regularly "beds" women over 50. They must be dressed like Britney Spears of course otherwise he wouldn't go near them.

I have no problem with young, sexy vixens wandering around semi naked. Hell, Im male and if I could, I would "seduce them" very quickly. But sorry ladies I am taken so no-one can have me. Mrs Sniper guards me very well, often not allowing me out for fear I may be taken away.

Otherwise to answer the question....... "No mingers or people over 40"

Motu
13th September 2005, 08:42
I dress out of my style everytime I get on a bike - I'd be happy in forestry boots,jeans,an old leather jacket and a black open face.....but others on this site would start a whole thread on my irresponsability....so I dress up in all this fancy high tech gear,all the colours of the rainbow,zips and spandex,I feel a total dork,definatly out of my comfort zone....but it's what society expects of me,so I have to do it....

Sparky Bills
13th September 2005, 08:42
Try staying in Waikanae for a week. You'll have a sick feeling in your stomach and smell like old for months after. At least they dress their age.

Must be a city thing aye :wait:

But hey, if they cared, they wouldnt do it.

enigma51
13th September 2005, 08:49
At your age you should not be worried about these things.

Slipstream
13th September 2005, 08:51
At your age you should not be worried about these things.

MY AGE.....I'm like 6 months older than you...so shhhh you young whipper snapper

oldrider
13th September 2005, 09:08
Too old? Too old for what? Is there something you are missing out on? I asked my 88yr old Grandad (deceased) if you ever get too old for sex? He told me that I should ask some old person that question. Never raised the issue again!! He was living with his girlfriend at the time. Saw him skittle a smart arse outside a pub when he was 75yrs old. He musta got too old when he died aged 90yrs I guess. I will be 66yrs next month, what do you want to try? Cheers John. :blip:

Riff Raff
13th September 2005, 09:10
On the visual side of the questions ... I always think "Good for you, wish I could feel that confident" but then I think "OMG, I soooo NEVER want to look like that!!"
I think that too. If they have a good bod to pull it off then I say go for it, but the sad thing is many of them don't and they end up looking like old slappers. But if they feel sexy and they don't care what other people think, where's the harm in it. At least when a man gets them into bed he knows about their flaws, so it's no real shock! I was watching that programme with the English ladies who show people how to dress - all stomach holding underwear etc, and it made me wonder what men thought when they got a ladies clothes off and gravity suddenly took over again.

bugjuice
13th September 2005, 09:13
some girls carry their age better than others. so you can't really say a specific age.. it's more guided by gravity and the sun. When it kicks in too much, it might be time to look at a new approach. until then, 'kin enjoy your assets to the max..

anyway, from the photo I've seen of you slip, you've got f'all to worry about

Paul in NZ
13th September 2005, 09:18
Well if I was to listen to my kids then the Vickstar and I are too old for sex, being seen outside the front gate, parties, kissing, drinking, buying music, operating a computer, selecting clothing, motorcycles and probably breathing.

Just like I thought my folks we too old and past it... I think very differently now.

We make these judgements with the eyes of youth and the firm belief that the age we currently are is the best of all... We also make these judgements based on the false visions of delight rammed down out throats every night through the sawn off double barrelled shotgun of TV bombarding us with impossibly hip drug addled waifs gyrating to wild / cool music made by noble savages and never breaking into a sweat as the move through their wonderful lives and perfect scenes.... Totally missing the fact that we are not watching a life in sequence but that it is an assemblage of takes, crafted and air brushed into perfection by a whole post production team and attended to by wardrobe / make up / lighting etc etc. The rest of us live OUR lives in a single take and on a budget.

Now I try not to swear but fuck them and fuck their pretend play world that only exists in the minds of gay men and gullible women....

I have no desire to wear a speedo on the beach anymore but really, I don't care if others do. I'm fucked if I'm going to hide away as I age. I have never lived my life for others approval and neither should you. Its not a bloody practise lap, you are dropped on the starting line baby and the race aint over until you finally sieze up and croak! There are NO line, barriers or ages when people should stop doing things and certainly NOT just because others are uncomfortable (unless it is going to end up in harm of course) because isn't that what freedom of expression is all about?

If we live in a world thats secure enough to let gay men hold hands in public then why not let us ugly people have fun too?

Yes - I really object to this thread..... No one wants to be non pretty given a choice and sure, some people don't do them selves any favours but if we stopped beliving the utter drivel in fashion magazines etc the world would be a happier place... (dress like madonna for under $20 - yeah right)

....and everyone would come to their senses and buy an old Moto Guzzi

:devil2:

MikeL
13th September 2005, 09:30
Well put, Paul.

So who's getting all anxious about us oldies having a life? If we look ridiculous in the eyes of people 30 years younger do we care? It's their problem. If our behaviour makes them uncomfortable it's their own insecurity showing. Intimations of mortality...
And jealousy. Not only have we got health, vigour, vitality, and life experience - we've also got the economic power.
Get over it.

Sniper
13th September 2005, 09:35
Well put Paul. And please, never wear a speedo. :lol:

zadok
13th September 2005, 09:45
That made me think. Look at historical photos taken in, say early 1900's, and tell me that people didn't look older than they do now. People in their 20's looked like they were double their age.
The important thing is not to start thinking you are getting to an age that you don't have to exercise anymore or look after yourself, or do certain things, or wear certain things. Don't 'let yourself go' just because you are a certain age. I'm getting fairly close to 50 now, but I'm probably at the fittest I've been for some time, and I don't have the big gut.
Young overweight girls wearing crop tops (Britney look) are the ones that amaze me. Sheesh.

Sniper
13th September 2005, 09:47
Young overweight girls wearing crop tops (Britney look) are the ones that amaze me. Sheesh.

Shhhh, don't excite bugjuice or MDU

Paul in NZ
13th September 2005, 09:53

Thats a whole 'nother subject.

Do you ever see Coke or fast food people using 'fat' people in their adds... oh no... The balance between having a positive body image and eating disorders is pretty fine sometimes.

Paul in NZ
13th September 2005, 09:54
Well put Paul. And please, never wear a speedo. :lol:

You are quite right I'll stick to the custard filled neon pink spandex unitard...

Motu
13th September 2005, 09:55
When I was young old people were old,really old.They didn't do anything when they retired,that was sorta the ultimate goal,work all your life then retire.There were a few old people that were go getters in their old age,but in general they did less and less as they got older.

But now I see people just not giving in as they get older,it's a different generation than what went before,they've had opportunaties to do things in their lives...and they're not bloody giving up! It's great to see some old guy racing bikes or cars,they are still fast,but cunning with it.As for trying to look young,um no,not an option.

John
13th September 2005, 09:59
man dont you "OLD" people have better things to do, Like sleep and complain? - oh wait....
:lol: yes this is a pisstake, dont burst your catheters.

bugjuice
13th September 2005, 10:01
Shhhh, don't excite bugjuice or MDU
to late...... google is your friend :devil2:

scumdog
13th September 2005, 10:15
You mean you can be too old for some things? No way! outragious! It's just a vicious rumour perpetrated by younger people.

It's taken me over 50 years to get my body this bad, sheesh, let's see a teenager do THAT overnight!!!

And I go with the Motu fashion trend too

Str8 Jacket
13th September 2005, 10:19
You are quite right I'll stick to the custard filled neon pink spandex unitard...

:rofl:
Paul, you are one of the more "youthful-older" :dodge: people that I have ever met! Just goes to show that age doesn't really have much to do with anything these day's, except for wisdom, maturity and and (I think you get my point). But yeah I think people should concentrate on what makes THEM happy, just cause "everyone else" is doing it, doesn't mean it's right or cool.
I grew up in Rotovegas, loads of examples of Mutton dressed as Lamb, but if they are happy why should anyone else care?! (Just my 2 cents worth)

Big Dave
13th September 2005, 10:33
There is a point of diminishing return, but if she keeps herself in good shape - then flaunt it. If her arse looks like two rabbits in a sack or she's auditioning for a part in the Saggy baggy elephant pantomime...well it's best covered up.

I find a bit the opposite slipstream - now that i have a daughter the same age as the girlies in FHM - i can't look at it - some bio alarm says TOO YOUNG - THAT COULD BE YOUR DAUGHTER WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!

I'm also fortunate that the 'old boiler' I've been with for 25 years still pushes my buttons and looks grrrrrr in leather.

Paul in NZ
13th September 2005, 10:36
Not sure if this hit a sore point or not (too close to my birthday and being 49 and all... Gulp!)

But - this attitude is also harmful to young people as well... You can't have fun 'cos you don't have the right cloth, you ain't the right hape, you dance funny, you can't sing etc etc. Increasingly in the mass media age we seek the perfection only a very very few can achieve and try to normalise it...

Unless you are very very confident you can become crushed by this.

Beemer
13th September 2005, 10:39
I have to agree with you, Slipstream, there is a time when you have to look in the mirror and dress appropriately for your age. This doesn't mean you have to dress like your nana, but it right puts me off my dinner when I see a woman of a certain age (usually 60+) wearing a low cut top that makes her chest and neck look like a turkey's! Or a really fat person wearing a mid-driff top or low-slung jeans. I'm sorry, I'm all for freedom of expression but when it makes you look hideous, why would you want to? There is nothing wrong with being old, fat, ugly or anything - but you should dress to accentuate the positive, not the negative! Huge people in lycra tights and baggy teeshirts - ugh! Fat guys with a huge gut hanging over their belt - ugh! Big legs or old wrinkled legs in mini skirts - ugh! Teenage clothing on anything other than teenagers - ugh! I have a friend who is really large but it's not the first thing you notice about her because she is always so beautifully dressed that you notice her face and her clothes before you notice her size.

There used to be this woman who wandered around Johnsonville in a bikini and a plastic raincoat (sounds like a wet dream but it's true!). Long blonde hair, figure to die for, but she was at least 70 and when you saw her front-on it was enough to make most people scream.

Bugjuice is right (again!) - it's not a certain age, it's more a time in life - I am in my 40s but don't usually get picked for that age because I don't smoke and I don't have kids - so not so many wrinkles! My sister, on the other hand, got mistaken for my mother at our wedding! People in their 60s and 70s look completely different than people of the same age looked 50 years ago - better health care, better food, better cosmetics/hair care treatments. I have no problem with a 90 year-old in jeans and a teeshirt, as long as they suit them. I hate seeing people in their 30s dressed like their grandparents just as much!

scumdog
13th September 2005, 10:43
Not sure if this hit a sore point or not (too close to my birthday and being 49 and all... Gulp!)

But - this attitude is also harmful to young people as well... You can't have fun 'cos you don't have the right cloth, you ain't the right hape, you dance funny, you can't sing etc etc. Increasingly in the mass media age we seek the perfection only a very very few can achieve and try to normalise it...

Unless you are very very confident you can become crushed by this.

As long as you are confident and aware of how you look/act to others you won't be crushed.

Helps if you have a good 'main squeeze', if you look good in their eyes what more do you need?? :Punk:

Too old to care now, if they don't like how I look well - that's THEIR problem!
When a lot younger I use to respond to derogatory remarks with "ahh, you're just jealous", use to cramp their argument a bit. :devil2:

Paul in NZ
13th September 2005, 11:04
Not fair of me to comment really - Me being a gorgeous love god and all... But seriously, if a 70 year old woman wants to show a bit of cleavage at a party because it turns her old man on.... go for it baby!

If she is dressing to impress other people (like a business meeting etc) then it MAY not be appropriate, regardless of her age.

Someone once said, He who hears not the music, thinks the dancers mad.

Me? I like people that march to the beat of their own drummer, the fact that I can't hear the beat does not make them wrong!!

Cheers

Motoracer
13th September 2005, 11:25
what do you think when you see a woman with a few years under her belt .... running around in clothes Brittney Spears wears? getting Jiggy with it on the dance floor?

Do you think, Good for you, or do you think, nice arse? or do you think...OMG!!! get IT AWAY!!!!

Some 18 year old females will look wrong in em and some 50 year old MILFs look alright in em. Rather than age, it's really the kind of shape they are in.

Most older people don't really look after themselves that much after marrige and kids and that but some older people out there still look damn good from a lot of hard work in the gym and years and years of proper skin, hair etc care!

Some can pull it off, some can't. Thoes who can, good on em!!

Lou Girardin
13th September 2005, 11:39
I guess it depends on your perspective as to which looks worse. Old folks dressing too young or young girls with 3 inches of 'muffin' hanging over the top of their jeans, young guys with the crutch of their pants dragging on the ground.
Then there's the 'born again' with the 50 year old paunch squeezed into a race suit.
It's all humour though.

Biff
13th September 2005, 13:18
I love MILF.

Any photos?

scumdog
13th September 2005, 13:24
I love MILF.

Any photos?
Of the MIlton Independent Llama Farmers??? Why?

bugjuice
13th September 2005, 13:40
I love MILF.

Any photos?
man, i'm bored..

**R1**
13th September 2005, 13:57
Normaly im in2 the size 8, 18yo (dont tell my missus) but how old is Liz Hurley?

F*$k me is she a hotty or what? also www.milfhunter.com (http://www.milfhunter.com) is not bad either...

Charlie
13th September 2005, 13:58
but serriously....if someone is having fun when they're drunk....but look like a complete idiot and will be embarrased the next day for what they've done ... should you tell them for the sake of humanity, or just let them have fun for the night and reap the calous looks and smirks the next day?

Oh where are you when I'm out drinking to save my bacon!?!?!?! :rofl:

_Gina_
13th September 2005, 14:26
Normaly im in2 the size 8, 18yo (dont tell my missus) but how old is Liz Hurley?

F*$k me is she a hotty or what? also www.milfhunter.com (http://www.milfhunter.com/) is not bad either...

Thanks for the link :devil2: bloody work network didn't block it and I ended up with a pile a "nice lookin' older ladies showing me their best bit's" on my screen!!
I am good with acronyms, but slightly naive with internet slang, Post this little episode I used google and BANG, I am up to speed.......(thanks for the tip goes to The Bugman)

I am 32 and the whole age things seems to be doin' okay for me, I now know that I am not a MILF, I need to wait until I turn 35 to qualify, at which point I can only hope to be in somewhat as good shape as Liz Hurley!!

Slipstream
13th September 2005, 16:15
I as a mum, I really am a tad worried about appearance choices throughout the ages...

I have my little six year old wanting to shave her legs and wear lipstick.
I have my 3 year old wanting to wear mascara, eye shadow and a helmet.
My 89 year old grandmother putting on BROWN eyebrow lines (her hair is white) when she's dressing up.
I have (over the years) talked my dad out of wearing his polyester shirts from the hey days (mainly cos the buttons keep popping off or the material rips around them)

And I am concerned about my own appearance since the birth of my last baby I have become a little to vain for my liking...or is it that my dear ol' granny ('part from the eyebrow thing) has bought me up with a sense of style.

I hate seeing my 18 year old cousin wearing pants that are way to tight on her so she gets the "muffin" sure it looks bad too, but what about, how her insides are being all squished outta shape cos of the tight clothes....your body is still developing at that age....

It's like those bloody pointy shoes I love, but cant wear, if I had worn them my feet woulda been fucked up....

But back to the question at hand.... I AM for wearing what makes you feel comfortable...I do it every day, but am I dressing to young for myself? Does it really matter in the end? Should I tell that person that I saw the other day, that he shouldn't wear leather chaps without pants underneath at university?
And what about all these young girls wearing singlets in the middle of winter...What THE HELL is up with THAT?!!!

froggyfrenchman
13th September 2005, 16:35
To quote Jethro Tull...
"Youre never too old to rock and roll, if youre too young to die"

Slipstream
13th September 2005, 16:39
To quote Jethro Tull...
"Youre never too old to rock and roll, if youre too young to die"

Thass so deep man .... :mellow: .......:crybaby:

enigma51
13th September 2005, 16:50
I as a mum, I really am a tad worried about appearance choices throughout the ages...

I have my little six year old wanting to shave her legs and wear lipstick.
I have my 3 year old wanting to wear mascara, eye shadow and a helmet.
My 89 year old grandmother putting on BROWN eyebrow lines (her hair is white) when she's dressing up.
I have (over the years) talked my dad out of wearing his polyester shirts from the hey days (mainly cos the buttons keep popping off or the material rips around them)

And I am concerned about my own appearance since the birth of my last baby I have become a little to vain for my liking...or is it that my dear ol' granny ('part from the eyebrow thing) has bought me up with a sense of style.

I hate seeing my 18 year old cousin wearing pants that are way to tight on her so she gets the "muffin" sure it looks bad too, but what about, how her insides are being all squished outta shape cos of the tight clothes....your body is still developing at that age....

It's like those bloody pointy shoes I love, but cant wear, if I had worn them my feet woulda been fucked up....

But back to the question at hand.... I AM for wearing what makes you feel comfortable...I do it every day, but am I dressing to young for myself? Does it really matter in the end? Should I tell that person that I saw the other day, that he shouldn't wear leather chaps without pants underneath at university?
And what about all these young girls wearing singlets in the middle of winter...What THE HELL is up with THAT?!!!

Clearly this is bugging you and what I am about to say is not a pickup line as im happily married ..... but you are a hotty (if dont mind saying so) and should not be worried about how you look as you have nothing to worry about.

SPman
13th September 2005, 17:05
Im Old
Do I give a f**k?
No!
Do I care what anyone else thinks of my "dress sense"
Nope!
If I wanta boogie, do I care what anyone else thinks, if I look like a dork?
Hell no!

Get a life :violin:

Its great to get to an age where all that shit doesnt matter any more!

Slipstream
13th September 2005, 18:11
Clearly this is bugging you and what I am about to say is not a pickup line as im happily married ..... but you are a hotty (if dont mind saying so) and should not be worried about how you look as you have nothing to worry about.

I'm not worried how I look (as in my physical appearance), I'm worried about my fashion.... but thats not what the thread was supposed to be about...I wanted to know do you think there should be a time when you go up to someone and say:
"hey dude, you gots ta stoping wearing that stuff"
Like those English fashion chicks, fashion police and Oprah even.

Slipstream
13th September 2005, 18:12
Im Old
Do I give a f**k?
No!
Do I care what anyone else thinks of my "dress sense"
Nope!
If I wanta boogie, do I care what anyone else thinks, if I look like a dork?
Hell no!

Get a life :violin:

Its great to get to an age where all that shit doesnt matter any more!

Good for you :woohoo: ... what age can I expect that? :dodge:

enigma51
13th September 2005, 18:15
I'm not worried how I look (as in my physical appearance), I'm worried about my fashion.... but thats not what the thread was supposed to be about...I wanted to know do you think there should be a time when you go up to someone and say:

Well you know you are in the wrong when you start wearing things that are not worn by your age group

Slipstream
13th September 2005, 18:19
Well you know you are in the wrong when you start wearing things that are not worn by your age group

yeah, but whens that?

A nice set of pearls works great for all ages, just like a nice black jacket....but the hundcuff earings you bought at san jewellery....when do you stop wearing them?

Coyote
13th September 2005, 18:26
Haha you're all a bunch of geriatrics :nya: Jaokes!

mstriumph
13th September 2005, 18:50
Good for you :woohoo: ... what age can I expect that? :dodge:
Personally, I've been there since I was eleven ....
its not so much an age thingy - more a state of mind :)

mstriumph
13th September 2005, 18:53
yeah, but whens that?

A nice set of pearls works great for all ages, just like a nice black jacket....but the hundcuff earings you bought at san jewellery....when do you stop wearing them?

.................. and, hey :love: - if you've finished with those earings, can i have 'em? can i? huh? can i, can i? huh? huh??

Waylander
13th September 2005, 19:00
.................. and, hey :love: - if you've finished with those earings, can i have 'em? can i? huh? can i, can i? huh? huh??
I think Indy's got a set he wouldn't mind useing on you.

curious george
13th September 2005, 19:01
I wanted to know do you think there should be a time when you go up to someone and say:
There is no such time.
What people wear is an extension of themseves and sub-conscience, so to deny that is to deny existance!
Those English Chicks/Oprah/Fassion Police can get fucked.
Wear what you want when you want I say.
Life's too short to fuss about stuff like that.

Biff
13th September 2005, 19:15
Nwww.milfhunter.com (http://www.milfhunter.com) is not bad either...

Mmmm - yummy mummy.

I can neither confirm nor deny that I have every filum the milf hunter has ever, possibly or otherwise, made.

Good call will Liz Hurley. But saying that Hugh G had to get a BJ from some scanky ho - so Liz probably isn't delivering the goods. Oh well - nobodies perfik.

Teflon
13th September 2005, 20:48
Doro Pesch can't be far off 50, she still looks hot.

Hitcher
13th September 2005, 21:04
I think it's time I put away the mini skirt and the other trappings of yoof, stopped flashing my titties and settled down...

Paul in NZ
13th September 2005, 21:34
I think it's time I put away the mini skirt and the other trappings of yoof, stopped flashing my titties and settled down...

Oh you utter bitch! Thats NOT what you said last night...

Oh, is this thing on?

Oh it is?..

ah hem....

Waylander
13th September 2005, 21:35
Doro Pesch can't be far off 50, she still looks hot.
Dude you can see the track lines on her arm in that second pic. May be hot but I'de stay away.

BTW How come no one has mentioned Demi Moore or Heather Locklear.

Slipstream
13th September 2005, 21:39
BTW How come no one has mentioned Demi Moore or Heather Locklear.

Oh Sooooooo Demi Moore....GI Jane, Charlie's Angels 2.... Strip Tease ....yum ;)

Slipstream
13th September 2005, 21:46
Oh where are you when I'm out drinking to save my bacon!?!?!?! :rofl:

Didn't know you drank....we should....what music do you like?
Maybe I should Hyjack my own thread and "call all ladies" to the drinking/dance floor for a night out on the town?????

Sparky Bills
13th September 2005, 21:55
Didn't know you drank....we should....what music do you like?
Maybe I should Hyjack my own thread and "call all ladies" to the drinking/dance floor for a night out on the town?????

MMMMMM..
Very interesting.
Just dont get in my way when on the dance floor :motu:
Oh, actuallly.. Ill be on the table. :devil2: :Punk: :innocent:

Pixie
14th September 2005, 00:46

Having a few years under ones belt is one thing,but having ones tits under ones belt is not a good look

Slipstream
14th September 2005, 00:50
Having a few years under ones belt is one thing,but having ones tits under ones belt is not a good look

I quite agree, being asked "show us ya tits luv" and then pulling up your skirt...yeech....:nono:

ManDownUnder
14th September 2005, 00:56
I quite agree, being asked "show us ya tits luv" and then pulling up your skirt...yeech....:nono:

Not sure I want to get involved in this thread... but I'll give it a go.

You're never too old... not till YOU think you are. There will be times you need to think about who you're hanging out with... it's more fun to be with your own age group and crowd... rather than one a generation apart... but other than that - to hell with it

Get out and go for a dance, drink and be happy in yourself. I am - took me a while to gete there because I was so damned busy listening to too many others.

A friend of mine's MUM told me (quite a while ago)... "What other people think of you is none of your business". It is SO true.

You can thank SurfChicks Mum for that (sorry... that be DR SurfChick...

MDU

Pixie
14th September 2005, 00:57
Bugjuice is right (again!) - it's not a certain age, it's more a time in life - I am in my 40s but don't usually get picked for that age because I don't smoke and I don't have kids - so not so many wrinkles! My sister, on the other hand, got mistaken for my mother at our wedding!
Sounds like you've found the secret of extended youth too.Kids being the cause of ageing.
You don't need a painting of yourself in the attic and a contract with the devil.
Just stop those little buggers making the telomeres fall off your chromosomes prematurely

Pixie
14th September 2005, 01:12
Oh Sooooooo Demi Moore....GI Jane, Charlie's Angels 2.... Strip Tease ....yum ;)
Or Madonna trying to suck the life force out of Britney and leave her a withered husk
(I said husk not huck)

Ixion
14th September 2005, 01:17
.. There will be times you need to think about who you're hanging out with... it's more fun to be with your own age group and crowd... rather than one a generation apart... but other than that - to hell with it

No it's not. Most of my "own age group" are abysmally boring and tedious. (As always, those with bikes are the glorious exception) . I can't stand them. They need to grow down (which is a phrase of deep insight, if you think about it enough).

I look at them through the windows of their sensible cars as I blat past them each day, and shudder. Let me never become like them, grey in spirit , shrivelled in soul, funless and sensible.

Pixie
14th September 2005, 01:24
, grey in spirit , shrivelled in soul, funless and sensible.
And waiting for a good spot in front of the "staring window" at the rest home

Waylander
14th September 2005, 01:48
No it's not. Most of my "own age group" are abysmally boring and tedious. (As always, those with bikes are the glorious exception) . I can't stand them. They need to grow down (which is a phrase of deep insight, if you think about it enough).

I look at them through the windows of their sensible cars as I blat past them each day, and shudder. Let me never become like them, grey in spirit , shrivelled in soul, funless and sensible.
So the opposite of me where I find the majority of peaple my age young and imature and just so damn loud. What makes peaple that get excited about something want to yell at you about it? Fuck I'm standing 3 feet away I can hear you at less than a whisper.

Slipstream
14th September 2005, 07:07
So the opposite of me where I find the majority of peaple my age young and imature and just so damn loud. What makes peaple that get excited about something want to yell at you about it? Fuck I'm standing 3 feet away I can hear you at less than a whisper.

Have you not had sex??!! ....... :devil2:

Paul in NZ
14th September 2005, 08:45

I feel the same way about people with sensible motorcycles....

GO GUZZI!!!!

strayjuliet
14th September 2005, 09:07
I have to agree, there should be a age limit on what not to wear, heck I'm 27 and I wouldn't be seen dead wearing a miniskirt in town let alone around the house. Mind you if I had the body size of say Britney Spears then I might consider wearing a miniskirt, but I go into town and I see girls wearing next to nothing and I think geez girl, leave something to the imagination.(sp) That been said if you got it why not show it off, just in moderation.(sp)

Paul in NZ
14th September 2005, 10:06
I have to agree, there should be a age limit on what not to wear, heck I'm 27 and I wouldn't be seen dead wearing a miniskirt in town let alone around the house. Mind you if I had the body size of say Britney Spears then I might consider wearing a miniskirt, but I go into town and I see girls wearing next to nothing and I think geez girl, leave something to the imagination.(sp) That been said if you got it why not show it off, just in moderation.(sp)

Nah!

You are confusing taste with agisim. Some things are not appropriate under any circumstances... Like I would only wear a dark coloured spandex unitard to church or a funeral.

I believe the original question was more about when is it appropriate to stop wearing certain items, ie when are you past it... Answer is you are never past it BUT good taste is good taste..... It defies age! (just like Cher)

Having never met you I will assume you are gorgeous. But even so, you would be unlikely to wear a miniskirt because you seem to think it's a bit skanky to be seen in public in one.. Nothing to do with age, more to do with the way you see yourself...

If you want to wear a feather boa and a plastic body case filled with rancid gerbils to your 95th birthday party I don't have a problem... As long as it smokes your tyres ... Go for it...

ManDownUnder
14th September 2005, 11:00

LOL - good call (and never often enough...)

ManDownUnder
14th September 2005, 11:04

I hear you - and agree.

I meant that you do what you enjoy - with those of your age group that also enjoy it.

I see those same people handing over just a little of their spontenaiety (sp?) and joy every day... and they end up beige people in a biege world just waiting for their mid life crisis to come and destroy what little they have left - so they can start to rebuild...

bugger that - stay young and vital - enjoy life, talk shite.

Lou Girardin
14th September 2005, 13:03
Shall we start on relationships with much younger people?

Sniper
14th September 2005, 13:04
It depends, too young and it means a jail sentence.

enigma51
14th September 2005, 13:10
It depends, too young and it means a jail sentence.
The formula for two young is

(your age / 2) + 7 anything younger than that is asking for shit.

so if your are 18 your legal age is 16
25 legal age = 19

etc
etc
etc
:hitcher:

*sic
14th September 2005, 13:16
25 is to old to do most things!..

im giving it all in, in 2 years..

Sniper
14th September 2005, 13:16
Ok, so going to spain and legally having sex with a 12yr is OUT then John!!!!

enigma51
14th September 2005, 13:34
Ok, so going to spain and legally having sex with a 12yr is OUT then John!!!!
Now let me think :psst: yes

ManDownUnder
14th September 2005, 13:38
yeah, but whens that?

err - am I the only one that took that to be a request for a "pearl necklace"?

Waylander
14th September 2005, 14:56
Not for several months now, no.

Slipstream
14th September 2005, 15:00

if thats the officially formula ..... :slap:

and BTW
MDU, I don't like pearls ..... but I do like Diamonds :devil2:

John
14th September 2005, 16:13
ohh, you offering big guy?

Lou Girardin
14th September 2005, 16:50

:

OOPS! :devil2:

Lou Girardin
14th September 2005, 16:54
MDU, I don't like pearls ..... but I do like Diamonds :devil2:

There you go MDU, squeeze out a string of diamonds.

oldrider
14th September 2005, 17:24
Here is a thought for all you guys and gals out there worrying about old etc. If your Great Nanna / Nanna / Mother, was over 16 from the 1954 onwards I could be you Great grandad /grandad / daddy etc.
I know what they looked like back then and most of them were bloody fantastic you can only see them now.
Nothings new we have all been there done that, you are all just doing it again thinking that you have discovered something new.
Nature is very kind when we wrinkle up our eyes get dim so that we can't see the difference thank god. :violin:

Hooks
14th September 2005, 17:40
Well if I was to listen to my kids then the Vickstar and I are too old for sex, being seen outside the front gate, parties, kissing, drinking, buying music, operating a computer, selecting clothing, motorcycles and probably breathing.

Just like I thought my folks we too old and past it... I think very differently now.

We make these judgements with the eyes of youth and the firm belief that the age we currently are is the best of all... We also make these judgements based on the false visions of delight rammed down out throats every night through the sawn off double barrelled shotgun of TV bombarding us with impossibly hip drug addled waifs gyrating to wild / cool music made by noble savages and never breaking into a sweat as the move through their wonderful lives and perfect scenes.... Totally missing the fact that we are not watching a life in sequence but that it is an assemblage of takes, crafted and air brushed into perfection by a whole post production team and attended to by wardrobe / make up / lighting etc etc. The rest of us live OUR lives in a single take and on a budget.

Now I try not to swear but fuck them and fuck their pretend play world that only exists in the minds of gay men and gullible women....

I have no desire to wear a speedo on the beach anymore but really, I don't care if others do. I'm fucked if I'm going to hide away as I age. I have never lived my life for others approval and neither should you. Its not a bloody practise lap, you are dropped on the starting line baby and the race aint over until you finally sieze up and croak! There are NO line, barriers or ages when people should stop doing things and certainly NOT just because others are uncomfortable (unless it is going to end up in harm of course) because isn't that what freedom of expression is all about?

If we live in a world thats secure enough to let gay men hold hands in public then why not let us ugly people have fun too?

Yes - I really object to this thread..... No one wants to be non pretty given a choice and sure, some people don't do them selves any favours but if we stopped beliving the utter drivel in fashion magazines etc the world would be a happier place... (dress like madonna for under $20 - yeah right)

....and everyone would come to their senses and buy an old Moto Guzzi

You got it Paul !!! I haven't read any further past your post butfor what's worth .... I'm with you ... :clap: & I'm only a couple of years behind you in the experience stakes !! :chase: .... I'm growing old but at my own speed and to hell with the rest ... I'll wear what like, drink what I like, Shake what I can, and ride anything that will hold me !! :hbd: :Punk: :rofl: