PDA

View Full Version : Huntin' an fishin'

Jackrat
27th January 2004, 08:06
Anybody been out for a shot or wet a line lately???
If so, how did ya' do? where did ya' go an what did ya' use.
I went for a walk on a mates place sunday an knocked over a Fallow yearling buck for the freezer.Used me trusty old Brno .308,One shot behind the ear from 80meters,He didn't feel a thing.
Plus spent the avo' on the rocks at Cockranes gap for three Trev's and six Kahiwai.Apart from finding my rear wheel bearings on the way out when I got home,A top day out.

MikeL
27th January 2004, 08:17
Went up to a mate's place at Snell's Beach last Tuesday. Went out fishing near Kawau Island. Tried 3 places: first two got lots of bites and hooked several snapper but they were all too small. Then tried a different place and within half an hour had landed 5 good sized snapper (threw back at least as many undersized ones). Only stopped because of the weather: black clouds, thunder and lightning. Brief hailstorm as we were heading back, then as soon as we got the boat out of the water the sun came out again and the rest of the afternoon was brilliant.

What?
28th January 2004, 05:37
Haven't been for a fish for, ummm, too long. Going at the end of feb for three days, then a tournament out of Whakatane early March. :D
All my shooting lately has been sporting clays. The local bunny population is satrting to get a bit too smug, though... :ar15:

750Y
28th January 2004, 15:22
Anybody been out for a shot or wet a line lately???
... spent the avo' on the rocks at Cockranes gap for three Trev's and six Kahiwai....
I used to go fishing down there & hamilton's a bit with a good mate, we would get 1 or 2 kahawai and take em home & smoke em then eat em. oh and they went down well with a tinny or two 8-). I miss that, but then I miss my mate too.
anyway, just brought back some memories...