PDA

View Full Version : advice needed from those in the know?

norm
13th September 2005, 16:35
hi all, i'm currently riding a tweakked orange belladonna 150 everyday fromthe ak cbd to the west coast.... it was a company scooter bought by the boss i had no input.

i have to say it sneaks through the traffic on the western motorway, it fast enough and fun for a start.

now the problem...

my back is killing me from the 10mm or so of suspension and the kiwi roads. Also the italians designed for style not ergonomics me thinks.

so onto bigger wheels

any one know anything about the suzuki volty 250, looks like a shortened gn 250 with an odd seat to me.

are they (volty or gn) nippy enough to beat the traffic, will a more upright set of bars and real suspension help the back?

thanks

ps i wave to bikers, all with mopeds are not scared to wave (and wear protective clothing too!)
chris

kerryg
13th September 2005, 16:52
i'm currently riding a tweakked orange belladonna 150 everyday fromthe ak cbd to the west coast chris

Sheesh, that's a hell commute. Which part of the West Coast? Blackball? Hokitika...??? :dodge:

('s alright...I'm just taking the piss).

Welcome to KB

SPORK
13th September 2005, 16:57
Soon you'll get the local scooter nutter - "Texmo" telling you how a Belladonna can do 0-1000 in 0.4 seconds with a proper mod, and that a GSXR Thou doesn't stand a chance against a properly modded scooter.

crashe
14th September 2005, 09:44
Buy a Yamaha Virago 250cc cruiser... real comfy to ride..
Have no worries cummuting throu the city on mine either..
or out of town riding...

I suffer with chronic lower back pain... and have no worries on the virago.

Can you alter the suspension on the scooter to adjust it to your body weight etc.?????