PDA

View Full Version : Abbott v Putin

mashman
7th November 2014, 13:32
PM vows to confront Putin over MH17 (https://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/world/25446699/australia-pm-vows-to-confront-putin-over-downing-of-flight-mh17/)

"He won't be able to avoid the conversation, so one way or another we're going to have the bilateral - whether it's in the corridor or in a more formal setting,"

Given his CV, my money is on Putin.

unstuck
7th November 2014, 13:59
my money is on Putin.

Yeah, I reckon that fucker could scrap it out.:laugh:

Akzle
7th November 2014, 14:46
i vote jesus.

mashman
7th November 2014, 15:09
Yeah, I reckon that fucker could scrap it out.:laugh:

I kinda prefer such a method to democracy in a way. Toss them into the Colosseum to decide the outcome of geobolitics.

i vote us.

Hallelujah. Fixed for ya.

R650R
7th November 2014, 15:38
Abbot "Look Vladi babe, I'm real pissed about you not taking the rap for that MH17 false flag. What are we supposed to do, go back to flying into office buildings to start a war?"

Putin *reaches down and grabs Abbots balls and twists till his eyes water* "You have problem with Russia, you should start digging caves in desert, underneath Ayres Rock might be survivable of Russia problem solving programme"

http://dailyairforce.com/post_image/1231.jpg

oldrider
7th November 2014, 15:44
i vote jesus.

And on good (God?) authority Jesus votes Akzle :niceone: ... things are movin right along! :drinknsin

mashman
7th November 2014, 15:48
Abbot "Look Vladi babe, I'm real pissed about you not taking the rap for that MH17 false flag. What are we supposed to do, go back to flying into office buildings to start a war?"

Putin *reaches down and grabs Abbots balls and twists till his eyes water* "You have problem with Russia, you should start digging caves in desert, underneath Ayres Rock might be survivable of Russia problem solving programme"

heh, heh, heh... I reckon it'd be exactly like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygQvB6OjHOU

ellipsis
7th November 2014, 15:54
...If you have listened to or watched Abbott in action, you will find that he is already broken...

mashman
7th November 2014, 16:00
...If you have listened to or watched Abbott in action, you will find that he is already broken...

lol... aren't they all?

oldrider
7th November 2014, 16:03
Think Abbott can handle himself physically it's politically where he is untested.

Putin is not as bad as Merca and Co paint him ... by many unconstrained accounts he might be the good guy in this! :scratch:

unstuck
7th November 2014, 16:07
Pistols even wrote a song about him.....................

http://randomoverload.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/ded70b38e5pretty.jpg.jpgVacant. :Punk::Punk:

R650R
7th November 2014, 19:18
Pistols even wrote a song about him.....................

[IMG]Vacant. :Punk::Punk:

Vacant :punk: :punk: :punk: cool song oh re something gone wrong there

Voltaire
7th November 2014, 21:00
Australia gets confused over size. large landmass does not equal large presence on world stage.
I would be like Holland taking on Russia.

george formby
7th November 2014, 21:19
Given his CV, my money is on Putin.

Concur. Abbott is sabre rattling for popular opinion. The question has already been asked of Putin & the answer will remain the same.
We have proof. We will not compromise our intelligence capabilities by demonstrating it. Don't make a fool of yourself. How many prawns can you sell us comrade?

mashman
7th November 2014, 22:07
Concur. Abbott is sabre rattling for popular opinion. The question has already been asked of Putin & the answer will remain the same.
We have proof. We will not compromise our intelligence capabilities by demonstrating it. Don't make a fool of yourself. How many prawns can you sell us comrade?

Heh... I'd much rather they slugged it out for the right to be right instead of being wankers who end up smelling of prawns.

ellipsis
8th November 2014, 00:10
....Australia has a lot of shit buried in her that the yanks, and a lot of others want...other than that, mere pawns in bigger boys games...Abbott is just another puppet...

SPman
8th November 2014, 00:31
The mad monk and his minions are dancing to the tunes of their masters - Aus has been a US minion since they removed Whitlam!

Anyway, hasn't Abbott read Putins latest speech - "Play-time is over "
http://cluborlov.blogspot.com.au/2014/10/putin-to-western-elites-play-time-is.html

oldrider
8th November 2014, 09:26
The mad monk and his minions are dancing to the tunes of their masters - Aus has been a US minion since they removed Whitlam!

http://cluborlov.blogspot.com.au/2014/10/putin-to-western-elites-play-time-is.html

I like this comment by Phil Espin at the end of Putin's speach:

Phil Espin said...

I watched the video and read the transcript. Putin came across as an honest man exasperated by the lawless shenanigans perpetrated by and from the USA. I realise its dangerous to take what politicians say at face value and its sensible to judge them by their deeds and not their words.

He has shown admirable restraint in eastern ukraine and I believe him when he says he is not interested in extending a new soviet type empire, which is the most dangerous charge being levied in the western media. He is not a new Hitler and needs to do more to speak over the heads of western politicians to western people.

The more westerners ( I'm in UK) see him and listen to what he actually says the better.

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .....

For me Putin has exposed the USA for what it really has become and he is perhaps our only chance of escape from their evil plans for the world!

Certainly worth paying more attention to.

Big Dave
8th November 2014, 10:23
Australia gets confused over size. large landmass does not equal large presence on world stage.
I would be like Holland taking on Russia.

What a load of bullshit. If there is anything burnt into the non-bogan national psyche it's how empty the place is.

It's just that Abbott is an idiot. He's fit enough to go one-on-one though.

Big Dave
8th November 2014, 10:33
Coming over to protest Mashy?

It seems the majority of Bribane residents are well pissed off about having to put up with it.

mashman
8th November 2014, 12:16

Encouraging read... and I haven't finished it yet. Breath of fresh air to see a political leader dispense with the bullshit and ask to look for answers instead of relying on distractions.

Coming over to protest Mashy?

It seems the majority of Bribane residents are well pissed off about having to put up with it.

Not my bag to stop at the gates. Hopefully we'll get a picture of two bloodied and bruised leaders out of it. That read of SPman's is kind of encouraging, but then I remember I used to think the same about Jeremy Paxman when watching Newsnight. However it's better than blowing each other to smithereens for resources. No protesto, but I hope that the protestors have a great time whilst making their stand and don't get agro over it (bright lights the show is in town, come down and vent, then go home and wait until the show comes to town again to be real cynical.). Maybe they'll throw up the odd Putin banner, maybe the odd Palestinian or Jewish flag, perhaps Chinese and UK with the Irish and American standing with the Canadian at the bar lol... ya know, a United Nations of Brisbane ;).

Dreams eh.

mashman
8th November 2014, 12:22
It's just that Abbott is an idiot. He's fit enough to go one-on-one though.

Enough to counter a potentially pissed up Ruski (they like vodka stereotype) hell bent on proving a point... and he holds a black belt in Judo. Not to mention the training he would have received in the KGB v's a cyclist that boxed at Uni? Although Abbott may have the eye of the tiger :eek:.

husaberg
8th November 2014, 15:17
If its going to be a death match first dibs on Putins girlfriend, unstuck can have abbots......
http://stashpit.com/upload/big/2013/06/07/51b22b1bb2aaa.jpeghttp://i.ytimg.com/vi/piENkWez_18/0.jpg

although abbots daughters might need consoling
http://cdn.assets.cougar.bauer-media.net.au/s3/digital-cougar-assets/AWW/2013/09/18/18352/tony-main.jpg

unstuck
8th November 2014, 16:44
Far too pretty for the likes of me Husa.:motu:

husaberg
8th November 2014, 17:14
Far too pretty for the likes of me Husa.:motu:

Sorry if Abott wins he's all yours then ?
I bet abbot and Putin are pussies Helen Clarke would scare the shit out of them both

mashman
14th November 2014, 07:29
Russian officials have responded to the frenzy surrounding the convoy of heavily armed warships that are heading to Australia - and you won't believe what it is. (https://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/world/25507479/russia-admits-to-an-unusual-warship-approach/). Putin brought his brothers. Who will stand with abbott?

MisterD
14th November 2014, 09:43
Putin brought his brothers. Who will stand with abbott?

A few F/A-18's would make quite a mess of those ships.

mashman
14th November 2014, 13:10
A few F/A-18's would make quite a mess of those ships.

I take it that that's that before they can empty their entire inventory onto designated Australian cities.

Tazz
14th November 2014, 14:46
I take it that that's that before they can empty their entire inventory onto designated Australian cities.

What exactly does a tug carry in the way of offensive weapons? I mean, I know they'll have some gumboots and empty vodka bottles to throw in defence...

mashman
14th November 2014, 15:05
What exactly does a tug carry in the way of offensive weapons? I mean, I know they'll have some gumboots and empty vodka bottles to throw in defence...

The element of surprise :eek:. The tug'll clean up after the F/A-18's have finished.

Robbo
14th November 2014, 15:08
Well done Tony, that'll learn him.:weird::weird:

Swoop
14th November 2014, 16:04

To whom are you referring?
The F-18's bombing Australian cities?
The Vodkalander's bombing Australian cities?

mashman
14th November 2014, 16:12
To whom are you referring?
The F-18's bombing Australian cities?
The Vodkalander's bombing Australian cities?

None of the above.
MisterD mentioned that F/A-18's would make mincemeat out of the ships. I am inclined to agree. Was just wondering if the Russians could empty one of the arms bearing ships before they were turned to mincemeat.

tri boy
14th November 2014, 17:49
Abbot would have the reach, and probably fitter.
But if Putin got inside, Tonys ribs would be hammered.
Bring it on ladies:woohoo:

husaberg
14th November 2014, 18:05
As an aside, because I was curious,rather than worried about anything other the chest puffing occurring, it seems the FA 18's Harpoons outrange the Russian air to air missiles........
still rather have first roll of the dice with Putins girlfriend rather than Abbots wife..........

FJRider
14th November 2014, 18:05
i vote jesus.

God will decide ... and God was NOT born in the U.S.A. ...

husaberg
14th November 2014, 18:09

Is he an American citizen though, or is that just the question John Key will not answer.
Odd that he would answer the are you a shape shifting alien one, though........
I wonder if he would rather be a shape shifting alien than be a US citzen:shifty:

FJRider
14th November 2014, 18:12
Is he an American citizen though, or is that just the question John Key will not answer.
Odd that he would answer the are you a shape shifting alien one, though........
I wonder if he would rather be a shape shifting alien than be a US citzen:shifty:

But would John Key invite him (or her) around to his place .. ??

oldrider
14th November 2014, 20:27

True! ... I was born in Palmerston North. :wings:

R650R
15th November 2014, 08:28
Some relevant recent events....

http://www.voltairenet.org/article185860.html

The State Department acknowledged that the crew of the destroyer USS Donald Cook has been gravely demoralized ever since their vessel was flown over in the Black Sea by a Russian Sukhoi-24 (Su-24) fighter jet which carried neither bombs nor missiles but only an electronic warfare device.

The USS Donald Cook (DDG-75) is a 4th generation guided missile destroyer whose key weapons are Tomahawk cruise missiles with a range of up to 2,500 kilometers, and capable of carrying nuclear explosives. This ship carries 56 Tomahawk missiles in standard mode, and 96 missiles in attack mode.

The US destroyer is equipped with the most recent Aegis Combat System. It is an integrated naval weapons systems which can link together the missile defense systems of all vessels embedded within the same network, so as to ensure the detection, tracking and destruction of hundreds of targets at the same time. In addition, the USS Donald Cook is equipped with 4 large radars, whose power is comparable to that of several stations. For protection, it carries more than fifty anti-aircraft missiles of various types.

Meanwhile, the Russian Su-24 that buzzed the USS Donald Cook carried neither bombs nor missiles but only a basket mounted under the fuselage, which, according to the Russian newspaper Rossiyskaya Gazeta [2], contained a Russian electronic warfare device called Khibiny.

As the Russian jet approached the US vessel, the electronic device disabled all radars, control circuits, systems, information transmission, etc. on board the US destroyer. In other words, the all-powerful Aegis system, now hooked up - or about to be - with the defense systems installed on NATO’s most modern ships was shut down, as turning off the TV set with the remote control.

The Russian Su-24 then simulated a missile attack against the USS Donald Cook, which was left literally deaf and blind. As if carrying out a training exercise, the Russian aircraft - unarmed - repeated the same maneuver 12 times before flying away.

After that, the 4th generation destroyer immediately set sail towards a port in Romania.

Since that incident, which the Atlanticist media have carefully covered up despite the widespread reactions sparked among defense industry experts, no US ship has ever approached Russian territorial waters again.

According to some specialized media, 27 sailors from the USS Donald Cook requested to be relieved from active service.

Vladimir Balybine - director of the research center on electronic warfare and the evaluation of so-called "visibility reduction" techniques attached to the Russian Air Force Academy - made the following comment:

"The more a radio-electronic system is complex, the easier it is to disable it through the use of electronic warfare."

husaberg
15th November 2014, 09:04

The State Department acknowledged that the crew of the destroyer USS Donald Cook has been gravely demoralized ever since their vessel was flown over in the Black Sea by a Russian Sukhoi-24 (Su-24) fighter jet which carried neither bombs nor missiles but only an electronic warfare device.

The USS Donald Cook (DDG-75) is a 4th generation guided missile destroyer whose key weapons are Tomahawk cruise missiles with a range of up to 2,500 kilometers, and capable of carrying nuclear explosives. This ship carries 56 Tomahawk missiles in standard mode, and 96 missiles in attack mode.

The US destroyer is equipped with the most recent Aegis Combat System. It is an integrated naval weapons systems which can link together the missile defense systems of all vessels embedded within the same network, so as to ensure the detection, tracking and destruction of hundreds of targets at the same time. In addition, the USS Donald Cook is equipped with 4 large radars, whose power is comparable to that of several stations. For protection, it carries more than fifty anti-aircraft missiles of various types.

Meanwhile, the Russian Su-24 that buzzed the USS Donald Cook carried neither bombs nor missiles but only a basket mounted under the fuselage, which, according to the Russian newspaper Rossiyskaya Gazeta [2], contained a Russian electronic warfare device called Khibiny.

As the Russian jet approached the US vessel, the electronic device disabled all radars, control circuits, systems, information transmission, etc. on board the US destroyer. In other words, the all-powerful Aegis system, now hooked up - or about to be - with the defense systems installed on NATO’s most modern ships was shut down, as turning off the TV set with the remote control.

The Russian Su-24 then simulated a missile attack against the USS Donald Cook, which was left literally deaf and blind. As if carrying out a training exercise, the Russian aircraft - unarmed - repeated the same maneuver 12 times before flying away.

After that, the 4th generation destroyer immediately set sail towards a port in Romania.

Since that incident, which the Atlanticist media have carefully covered up despite the widespread reactions sparked among defense industry experts, no US ship has ever approached Russian territorial waters again.

According to some specialized media, 27 sailors from the USS Donald Cook requested to be relieved from active service.

Vladimir Balybine - director of the research center on electronic warfare and the evaluation of so-called "visibility reduction" techniques attached to the Russian Air Force Academy - made the following comment:

"The more a radio-electronic system is complex, the easier it is to disable it through the use of electronic warfare."
reminds me of the analolgy with the nasa pen, millions of dollars to develop to work at any angle in zero gravity... Russians laughed unimpressed and suggest why not use a pencil like we do.
Plus the mirth that was poured on the mig25 hydraulics until it was figured out it would still operate after an emf attack

oldrider
15th November 2014, 09:04
Makes one wonder why the USA is still so determined to start a war with Russia then! :weird:

BRICS banking is probably the real threat! :shifty: (Brazil Russia India China South Africa) :http://in.rbth.com/world/2014/11/14/brics_leaders_to_hold_talks_before_g20_summit_3974 3.html

george formby
15th November 2014, 09:05
The Russian claim that they have sent their ships so far south as an exercise in anticipation of future climate change research in Antarctica cracked me up in light of Tony Abbott's climate change stance. I thought the Ruskies had no sense of humour.

Hans
15th November 2014, 09:09

Christ. You are quite the comedian, aren't you?

Tazz
15th November 2014, 12:53
yada yada

Bit of a waste of jet fuel when apparently all you need to take out one of them is a dinghy :scratch:

http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/burke/images/burke1a.jpg

(USS Cole)

Swoop
15th November 2014, 15:17
Christ. You are quite the comedian, aren't you?

The word you are looking for is "retard".
Deluded, uninformed.

angle
18th November 2014, 18:15
As an aside, because I was curious,rather than worried about anything other the chest puffing occurring, it seems the FA 18's Harpoons outrange the Russian air to air missiles........
still rather have first roll of the dice with Putins girlfriend rather than Abbots wife..........

Range is not everything, you need to detect, acquire, identify and provide target information to the missile first. F/A-18 organic sensors are significantly, and I mean significantly, inferior to those on the ships (due to size and power limitations). Secondly, the Harpoon is a very slow missile (sub-sonic) and the only way it is going to penetrate the air defenses (i.e. missile defenses) of that surface group is by overloading all of it's firing channels, i.e. you need to fire a lot of Harpoons, at least >30, and even then there is no guarantee that all channels will be overloaded, considering how many radars (including phased arrays) those ships operate, artillery anti-missile systems also have to be taken into account. Thirdly, those ships will need to be hit by quite a few Harpoons in order to be considered a mission kill, Harpoons are small. Finally, the range of the anti-aircraft SAMs those ships are carrying is unknown as S-300F operates a vast family of missiles with very different ranges and capabilities which are not fully known. The last time it was believed that russian SAMs did not have the range ended up with a shot down U-2. The only Australian weapon systems that can be used effectively against those ships are the Aus Collins SSKs.

This article is complete and utter nonsense. USS Donald Cook would have shot that Su-24 out of the sky without breaking a sweat. The claim that the jet "disabled" the warship is quite funny though. Anyone with a basic knowledge of electronics and physics should be able to see the technical bullshit. Simulating a missile attack is an act of war and has very serious consequences.

Hans
18th November 2014, 18:45
Amen....10 characters.

husaberg
18th November 2014, 19:08
Range is not everything, you need to detect, acquire, identify and provide target information to the missile first. F/A-18 organic sensors are significantly, and I mean significantly, inferior to those on the ships (due to size and power limitations). Secondly, the Harpoon is a very slow missile (sub-sonic) and the only way it is going to penetrate the air defenses (i.e. missile defenses) of that surface group is by overloading all of it's firing channels, i.e. you need to fire a lot of Harpoons, at least >30, and even then there is no guarantee that all channels will be overloaded, considering how many radars (including phased arrays) those ships operate, artillery anti-missile systems also have to be taken into account. Thirdly, those ships will need to be hit by quite a few Harpoons in order to be considered a mission kill, Harpoons are small. Finally, the range of the anti-aircraft SAMs those ships are carrying is unknown as S-300F operates a vast family of missiles with very different ranges and capabilities which are not fully known. The last time it was believed that russian SAMs did not have the range ended up with a shot down U-2. The only Australian weapon systems that can be used effectively against those ships are the Aus Collins SSKs.

This article is complete and utter nonsense. USS Donald Cook would have shot that Su-24 out of the sky without breaking a sweat. The claim that the jet "disabled" the warship is quite funny though. Anyone with a basic knowledge of electronics and physics should be able to see the technical bullshit. Simulating a missile attack is an act of war and has very serious consequences.

It was just a spit ball, plenty of ships including the Sheilfeld have been pretty banged up by one missile, infact the Exocet didn't even explode and still f-ed up the Sheffield. (Destroyer)
from google I just discovered that the Brits had even got the codes for the homing radar on the Excoets so that should not have ever even happened......nor the one that struck the Atlantic Conveyor (Cargo ship)or the Glamorgan (Destroyer)

In the years after the Falklands War, it was revealed that the British government and the Secret Intelligence Service had been extremely concerned at the time by the perceived inadequacy of the Royal Navy's anti-missile defences against the Exocet and its potential to tip the naval war decisively in favour of the Argentine forces. A scenario was envisioned in which one or both of the force's two aircraft carriers (Invincible and Hermes) were destroyed or incapacitated by Exocet attacks, which would make recapturing the Falklands much more difficult.

Actions were taken to contain the Exocet threat. During the preparation for the war, Britain benefited from the help of France, which gave the Exocet's code and homing radar.[16] A major intelligence operation was also initiated to prevent the Argentine Navy from acquiring more of the weapons on the international market.[17] The operation included British intelligence agents claiming to be arms dealers able to supply large numbers of Exocets to Argentina, who diverted Argentina from pursuing sources which could genuinely supply a few missiles. France denied deliveries of Exocet AM39s purchased by Peru to avoid the possibility of Peru giving them to Argentina, because they knew that payment would be made with a Credit card from the Central Bank of Peru. British intelligence had detected the guarantee was a deposit of two hundred million dollars from the Andean Lima Bank, an owned subsidiary of the Banco Ambrosiano.[18][19]

Its all academic anyway both sides are just willy waving.....

Ps as for slow not being effective remember the Bismark was brought down because the weapons control systems were not programed for such a slow attack by the swordfish.......

R650R
18th November 2014, 19:37

But they didn't shoot it down... and they would have even for it flying close let alone what it did...

R650R
18th November 2014, 19:41
Never mind the cruisers, harpoons and f-18s, no doubt one of the new Borei class strategic nuke subs is shadowing the fleet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJVNJyZjkwQ

husaberg
18th November 2014, 19:45
If the Russians wanted to impress me with their technological might they should Find the missing MH370, That would be impressive.......

angle
18th November 2014, 20:18
It was just a spit ball, plenty of ships including the Sheilfeld have been pretty banged up by one missile, infact the Exocet didn't even explode and still f-ed up the Sheffield. (Destroyer)
from google I just discovered that the Brits had even got the codes for the homing radar on the Exocets so that should not have ever even happened......nor the one that struck the Atlantic Conveyor (Cargo ship)or the Glamorgan (Destroyer)
The damage to HMS SHEFFIELD was caused by the Exocet's fuel (that version of the missile used liquid fuel, Harpoons always used solid fuel) which started a major 'D' class fire. They missed the missile because they were too relaxed and that taught them a lesson. Secondly a Type 42 DDG and project 1164 CG are very different classes of ships, in size and capability. Very different, there is no comparison even.

Ps as for slow not being effective remember the Bismark was brought down because the weapons control systems were not programed for such a slow attack by the swordfish....... That is an urban myth.
Harpoon's slow speed does not give it more effectiveness, quite the opposite.

But they didn't shoot it down... and they would have even for it flying close let alone what it did...
No they would not have, as I said, just imitating an attack is an act of war, let alone firing in anger. All the Su-24 did was take pictures, it was a recon aircraft. Flying close to ships is done quite often by both sides. An example of a famous one ages ago, which was also labeled as a "mock attack" by the journalists: http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message461289/pg1

husaberg
18th November 2014, 20:40
The damage to HMS SHEFFIELD was caused by the Exocet's fuel (that version of the missile used liquid fuel, Harpoons always used solid fuel) which started a major 'D' class fire. They missed the missile because they were too relaxed and that taught them a lesson. Secondly a Type 42 DDG and project 1164 CG are very different classes of ships, in size and capability. Very different, there is no comparison even.

That is an urban myth.
Harpoon's slow speed does not give it more effectiveness, quite the opposite.

No they would not have, as I said, just imitating an attack is an act of war, let alone firing in anger. All the Su-24 did was take pictures, it was a recon aircraft. Flying close to ships is done quite often by both sides. An example of a famous one ages ago, which was also labeled as a "mock attack" by the journalists: http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message461289/pg1

Its not an urban myth at all, the Bismarck the mightiest warship in the world (at the time) was brought down by a humble obsolete yet sturdy and stable biplane flying bloody slow..........
As afar as I am aware it is still pretty sunk too.