PDA

View Full Version : Bike Market Woes

zeRax
13th September 2005, 17:43
im sick of not finding a 250 for me, someone sell me your 250

as of now i am coming down to chch on friday( this all depends on what the weather will be like ) to spend the day in a city i have no clue how to get around and spend the entire day Lost, but that doesnt matter , i will be bringing a budget with me of about $5500, does anyone know much about Motorcycle Imports Direct? i will go take the 91 zxrc250, 9700odd km's for a run and possibly buy it, costinc onroad $4995, seems, i dont know,

so far ive loved each, fzr, zzr,cbr r , hoping the zxr will be the ticket but im going to be down for the day so i wanna look around some, any places i should check out that arent on bike point etc? and bike types you recommend, prices recommendation, im sick of not going for a mean blat while i work outside in beautiful sunshine all day

damn 250's :( (i will be keeping the bike i get till i get my full upon which i will buy a brand new 2006/2007 600 of some sort! ) so if it costs a bit now i dont mind cause ill be keeping it for a wee while

heeeeeeeeeelp.

ENDE

Sniper
13th September 2005, 17:44
Mate, do you want a show around CHCH?

zeRax
13th September 2005, 17:44
also note i am keen for something with relatively low km's as i plan on doing a-l-o-t

zeRax
13th September 2005, 17:45
stu that would be ultimate radical ! we can go round gawking at bikes :D?

edit:Oo didnt mean to put it in this area Oo

Ixion
13th September 2005, 18:33
Meh. I swear the prices of used bikes is ridiculous nowdays.

I just want a >250 two stroke. But the money people want for them is absurd.

You've got 5 year old bikes (no, not big smokers, ain't any of them, that's another grumble, blurdy manufacturers, make some two smokers will ya), selling for damn little less than new. Compare that to the depreciation on a new car.

No wonder we can't get new blood in biking, it costs a ruddy FORTUNE for someone to start out nowdays.

Hell, my first bike cost me $30. With a pudding basin thrown in for free . And I got ripped off.

ktee
13th September 2005, 20:11
Have you seen this? You'd have to come to Welly though.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports-tourer/auction-35534397.htm

Warr
13th September 2005, 20:18
TerminalAddict from up this way had a 'mint' zxr250..... till he dropped it :(
ZXR250 (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=17064)

SPman
13th September 2005, 20:18
--
Hell, my first bike cost me $30. With a pudding basin thrown in for free . And I got ripped off.
$30, or was that 15 quid! :dodge:

Ixion
13th September 2005, 20:26
$30, or was that 15 quid! :dodge:

Yeah, £15.0.0d. Just before they brought in that funny money. Paid with three fivers

Hitcher
13th September 2005, 21:07
The Honda dealer in Ashvegas currently has a window full of very tidy 250s. Unless they've sold them all since Saturday...

Dadpole
13th September 2005, 23:03
Meh. I swear the prices of used bikes is ridiculous nowdays.

I just want a >250 two stroke. But the money people want for them is absurd.

You've got 5 year old bikes (no, not big smokers, ain't any of them, that's another grumble, blurdy manufacturers, make some two smokers will ya), selling for damn little less than new. Compare that to the depreciation on a new car.

No wonder we can't get new blood in biking, it costs a ruddy FORTUNE for someone to start out nowdays.

You never know what turns up. I picked up an '87 TZR250 for $300. Needs a fairing & new reg, but great fun for the money. They are out there - just need to convince the owners they are "seizing death traps"

Brian d marge
14th September 2005, 01:57
[QUOTE0, does anyone know much about Motorcycle Imports Direct?

ENDE[/QUOTE]

If that is Lyndsy He has been around for a while , christchurch city MC ..etc ,,and is ok ..The bikes he buys are from Spectrum here in Japan ,,and they are bought at the big Auction here ,,,The Bikes are inspected Vey well buy the auction staff who do a write up on them ...usually pretty reliable ...Soooo you should be getting a good example of that bike ,,,

but yeah the price of second hand bikes even here is stupid ,,,,,,I mean 1 I cant see why people pay the amount for the bikes ..and 2 I wouldnt dream of parting with money they try to ask ,,,( I am currently smarting against Motard rims ,,the cheapest NEw Is around 55000 yen ..I have seen wheel sets advertised for 95000 yen ,,,,I mean come on ,,,,,,,,)

the reason for 17 inch rims is ,,,slightly stickier tyres ( in a 6 lap race??? hardly get warm ) ....and turns into the corner quicker ,,,and at my level I wouldnt notice any advantage ,,,I would only be 95000 yen out of pocket !!!!

bizarre

Stephen
Still
Very Very Sober .........

zeRax
14th September 2005, 03:19
ashvega's o_O, take it you mean ashburton eheh, sounds interesting :O! wonder if i can get there

ktee nice bike, why would u sell it?

as much as i like zzr's, im after something more aggressive,

TerminalAddict
14th September 2005, 10:39
TerminalAddict from up this way had a 'mint' zxr250..... till he dropped it :(
ZXR250 (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=17064)

t'was all a cunning plan.
good bike, good price .. drop the bastard so he won't sell it to anyone else :)

Sniper
14th September 2005, 11:07
PM me mate. How you getting down here?

ktee
14th September 2005, 14:30
ktee nice bike, why would u sell it?

as much as i like zzr's, im after something more aggressive,

The ZZR is a nice bike and I love the look and style of it. However, I know after owning it for 10 months, that the ZZR is not the ONE I want to be riding after I pass my full licence later this year.

I do agree it is not as aggressive as other bikes. Cheers.

Good luck finding the ONE.

Sniper
14th September 2005, 14:32
Kyle, the way you ride, you shouldnt get an "aggressive bike"

mikey
14th September 2005, 15:53
i have a tidy, unmarked, uncrashed, fairinged, mirrored, low km, indicators, mint carbs, CBR250 that has been garaged its whole life, more hours spent cleaning than riding, one elder mature gentleman rider, oh an of course it has a warrant an a reg

give me a call......

mikey
14th September 2005, 15:55
but seriously, dont be a knob an pay 5 grand for a zzr / let alone a mighty cbr

SDU
14th September 2005, 16:07
Motocycle imports direct is run by Costa Harris in the old bus depo on Moorhouse ave by Fitzgerald ave corner. They have some nice bikes. Prices are no worse than anywhere else. He may do ya a deal. Don't know much more about them.
But at least there are a few places to look at. Pick up the buy sell exchange Friday too there maybe something there too. Best to do the shops Friday as most of them are shut by lunch time Sat, except Superiors, Pitlane.
Good luck in finding a bike.
SDU

Sniper
14th September 2005, 16:09
. Best to do the shops Friday as most of them are shut by lunch time Sat, except Superiors, Pitlane.
Good luck in finding a bike.
SDU

Where can we find them?

zeRax
14th September 2005, 17:08
stu what do you mean!
i am dangerous or i am slow or what? dude ive been riding the mighty gn! :P and im far too fucking impatient when it comes to passing people, gets me into trouble lack of oomph and brains = hazzard

so keen to take zxr for a ride, but knowning me ill go down a street and get lost in chch and cops called on me for stolen bike or something hah

, ive jacked up a ride with a fellow keeping mates misses company on her way back through to dunedin, just gotta find out what time they are going, i wanna leave Early :E, but then they are going to dunedin so i assume they are leaving earrrrrrrrly too, hopefully

zeRax
14th September 2005, 17:09
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports-tourer/auction-35769187.htm

!!!

Phenoix
14th September 2005, 17:11
im sick of not finding a 250 for me, someone sell me your 250

as of now i am coming down to chch on friday( this all depends on what the weather will be like ) to spend the day in a city i have no clue how to get around and spend the entire day Lost, but that doesnt matter , i will be bringing a budget with me of about $5500, does anyone know much about Motorcycle Imports Direct? i will go take the 91 zxrc250, 9700odd km's for a run and possibly buy it, costinc onroad $4995, seems, i dont know,

so far ive loved each, fzr, zzr,cbr r , hoping the zxr will be the ticket but im going to be down for the day so i wanna look around some, any places i should check out that arent on bike point etc? and bike types you recommend, prices recommendation, im sick of not going for a mean blat while i work outside in beautiful sunshine all day

damn 250's :( (i will be keeping the bike i get till i get my full upon which i will buy a brand new 2006/2007 600 of some sort! ) so if it costs a bit now i dont mind cause ill be keeping it for a wee while

heeeeeeeeeelp.

ENDE

There prices seem nice and there helpful.
I think the ZXR your talking about has been sold, my mate was after it and I think he put a deposit on it.
you'd beter ring them and and check first

zeRax
14th September 2005, 17:29
i think that would have been the green and white kawa scheme one ?, 91 with about 15000's, looked like it had an aftermarket can and shit on it, i would have prefered that one, and theyve taken that off bikepoint :\ sigh ;p

that cbr might be the go, gonna ring the chap

Sniper
14th September 2005, 17:41
021743448. Send me a textwhile you are down here

zeRax
14th September 2005, 17:44
will do hun!

Sniper
14th September 2005, 17:46
Say that again, I will injure you.

Phenoix
14th September 2005, 17:48
have just checked with him.
The green one was gone a few weeks ago, he was after that one, it was a 92/3 with 15K
The 91 with 9700 is a black one zxr250A model was purchased today, so we will soon have a new member on here :)
But the bike did look like a good one, hope they have another one there, the ZXR's are an execelent bike

zeRax
14th September 2005, 18:36
son of a bitch, heh

sigh, the saga continues!

Charlie
15th September 2005, 09:45
There prices seem nice and there helpful.
I think the ZXR your talking about has been sold, my mate was after it and I think he put a deposit on it.
you'd beter ring them and and check first
250's move quick! I was shopping for one earlier this year and seems every man and his dog are discovering 2 wheels. There wasnt alot out there esp in the shops. They dont stay on the shop floor long and yeah they want a fair wack for a 2nd hand bike, considering some brand new ones are just $5k.
If your paying cash make sure you ask, no tell them, you want a discount. I got $900 off my bike and a half price jacket by waving cash in their face. Actually they were gutted, between buying it and picking it up they reckon they sold it 4 times over for full price! :woohoo:

SDU
15th September 2005, 16:34
Where can we find them?

You've probably seen Pit lane (Cycle treads) when you do the Manchester St stroll, it is next to Street & Sport on Manchester St, opp Sportzone Suzie. Pit Lane are good & really helpfull and do more than tyres- Good gear & also sell bikes, some are out back -ask.
Superiors are on Cashel St & deal in MX, Enduro bikes some onroad, they are great to deal with there too.
Not sportbikes but other options for both bike/gear.
While we are at it Falsgraves (imports from japan mainly trailbikes but will get others in) is just around from motocycles import direct. He was straight up too- I got my Serow from him.
Don't 4get to suss out Norjo's they had a comet 250 last time I saw. They have a new owner now. Allan is retiring.
Here are links for them. I don't have one for Pit lane.
Superiors:
http://www.motox1.co.nz/

http://falsgrave.bikepoint.co.nz/portal/alias__falsgravenz/tabID__0/DesktopDefault.aspx

Sorry longwinded, but happy hunting Drag the better half around to try bikes for size/comfort.
SDU

zeRax
15th September 2005, 17:11
sorted for a ride, unfortunately not leaving blenheim till 9:30 am >_< so that cuts day overly short, :\ son of a,

zeRax
16th September 2005, 07:14
right, ,my ride choked and died, not leaving till midday so im about to leave right now, servo then bus station, should get to chch by 1pm, wil ring you then stu and u can rescue me and ill give u some green candy for ur efforts!

Sniper
17th September 2005, 13:50
right, ,my ride choked and died, not leaving till midday so im about to leave right now, servo then bus station, should get to chch by 1pm, wil ring you then stu and u can rescue me and ill give u some green candy for ur efforts!

Green candy, count me in. Why didn't you say that in your texts?