PDA

View Full Version : New 2014 Honda VFR800 4000k update

raspberry
10th November 2014, 08:10
Just over 3 months owned and now have over 4000k on the clock. No problems so far, just the tail cover rattles a bit over bumps, think the spongy rubber bits that it sits on have lost their go. Tyres are OK but will look to change both when back tyre squares off, will not put the dunlop OE tyres back on. Dunlops where ok after 2000k, but still not too much feel when leaning over. I have noticed that you can get caught out with cross winds or generally gusty conditions as this makes the bike go all over the place, more than normal. This can be bad leaning on a 100k curve with a cross wind. Getting about 360k out of tank before the fuel light comes on. I have softened the suspension a bit as it's quite hard, but still handles well. It's still a good do it all bike with just enough excitement to keep me happy.:drool:

Still addicted to the Vtec howl (with aftermarket exhuast), especially if you drop down gears before you overtake and get the Vtec rasping & gurgling, then open the throttle, OK so I loose the 4.2 litres per 100k, life's too short to worry. Adjusted chain once, and that was not long after it was new. I use Muc off dry wax with ptfc stuff in it, supposed to be for push-bikes, but can't seem to get M/bike muc off over here. The push bike stuff seems to be ok, plus I don't get all that sticky oil over my nice single sided swinging arm & wheels.

It looks like the new VFR's are about to be available in NZ, also I understand I am now not the only Red one, bugger! :( So far it looks like I will keep this bike for a long time, which is just as well as the wife won't let me spend that much money on any bike again!