PDA

View Full Version : Got a ride on the 650!

jeff
13th September 2005, 19:32
Went for a ride over the Wairarapa on the weekend. Saw Linda and Hamish at Caltex Rimutaka and others. Stopped at the Corner Cafe at Greytown then went via the Taumata Road across to Gladstone pub and onto Riversdale for lunch. We came back and stopped at Tinui and swapped bikes (yay! finally got to ride the 650 Bros) and Jeff got to downsize to the 400 Bros. Went up the road to Alfredton, to the end of the tarseal, lots of potholes though then came back into Masterton and had to trade bikes again. Turned off and went down the back road through Lees Pakaraka Road to Longbush (lots of bikes at the turnoff) looked like someone had broken down. Heaps of bikes outside the Flying Fish. Stopped at the top of the hill (lots more bikes there too). The first time I have sat on the fence there for a while and actually felt warm.

So where did you guys go? :ride: :scooter:

Chrissie and Jeff

zadok
13th September 2005, 20:18
Sounds like you guys had a nice ride. What happened to the Commando & Gixer 1100?

jeff
13th September 2005, 20:50
Jeff has two Commandos and maybe one will come out this weekend if the sun if shining. He also has the 1100 Suzuki and a Honda GB400 and the 650 Bros and a DR500 for wet days

Some of us only have one bike! (my Bros 400).

limbimtimwim
13th September 2005, 21:13
Turned off and went down the back road through Lees Pakaraka Road to Longbush (lots of bikes at the turnoff) looked like someone had broken down. We wern't broken down! We were waiting for others to catch up.

I remember the Honda Bros and and something else...

You should have stopped to say hello :-)

And everyone put their extra clothes in my bag so I could wear a parachute on my back..

skelstar
13th September 2005, 22:05
We wern't broken down! We were waiting for others to catch up.
I caught up! Yeah I thought Str8 had another bin but all the bikes were upright and she wasnt sucking on NOS...

jeff
13th September 2005, 22:27
glad to hear you were all up and running. The other bike was probably my Bros. I have a set of driving lights on the front (bought from Supercheap) to stop people trying to run over me. Lights the bike up really well at night but VTNZ didn't like them at all and I had to take them off to put it through its WOF.

We will keep a look out for you next weekend - don't forget to wave!