PDA

View Full Version : Headlights not working, but high beams are?

Silverbug
15th November 2014, 10:52
Hey All,

I've got a problem with my CBR250 where both of the headlights wont go, but the hi-beams are working fine.
The hi-beams will work on either the light switch or passing button. Park lights are fine too.

I've had the switch apart and that looks ok (as far as I can tell). I guess it could be a relay but I'm not sure which wires/points to check with the multimeter.

Any other suggestions on where I can check?

haydes55
15th November 2014, 11:02
Check the actual light bulb? Follow the cables to where they go into the lights (under the dash area). They should be on a plug thing that you should be able to twist and remove with the lights. Also check the cables are connected to the plug properly, they could vibrate off

caspernz
15th November 2014, 16:05
Check the bulbs, and the wiring connector on the back of the bulbs...but if both are out then I'd be looking for the low beam fuse as well.

Ender EnZed
15th November 2014, 16:45
Hey All,

I've got a problem with my CBR250 where both of the headlights wont go, but the hi-beams are working fine.

Are they separate bulbs?

Silverbug
17th November 2014, 07:10
Are they separate bulbs?

Na they are the same bulb

unstuck
17th November 2014, 07:18
Na they are the same bulb

Dual filament bulbs?

xen
17th November 2014, 07:27
Check the main loom connector, sometimes the individual pins burn out

Big Dog
17th November 2014, 11:51
It is not impossible for the other bulb to blow if the first does while the engine is running. Have you tried a known good bulb in either housing?

Stupid phone / Tapatalk, apologies in advance.

SNF
18th November 2014, 17:27
This just happened to the CBR. Tested with another bulb - good filaments. Still not working on low beam. Its probably dirty contacts inside the switch. http://cbr250.com/forums/maintenance/271-how-clean-lhs-switch-gear.html This is what I'm going to be doing tomorrow, I'd say its the same thing if both don't work on low beam.

g34l
26th November 2014, 08:29
I usually work with simple theory and sort its way up.

- light bulbs, drag them out that test on battery make sure they work. (don't touch the glass part)
- wiring to lights if there is voltage presented.
- switch-> fuse-> relay-> wiring-> light is my usual path.