PDA

View Full Version : DR200 oil cooler?

unstuck
17th November 2014, 15:22
Can I run a 2007 dr 200 without its oil cooler? Both the ones I have are shagged. My earlier dr's do not have them, and as far as I can tell the motors look pretty much the same, apart from the later ones have a starter motor and oil cooler.
What sort of nightmares will I face by leaving it off? Or do I really need it?
Let the opinions flow...........:2thumbsup

Grumph
17th November 2014, 16:50
Depends how deep in mud you're going....remember it's not just the cooling, it's the extra oil capacity too.

unstuck
17th November 2014, 17:30
Depends how deep in mud you're going....remember it's not just the cooling, it's the extra oil capacity too.

Dont think it will be working any harder than my older dr's. The oil capacity should not alter drastically, they are not very big coolers.
It certainly wont be creeping along behind cows up the race, and I dont like riding that slowly that overheating the oil should??? be a problem, I would have thought.:scratch:

Kickaha
17th November 2014, 18:07
If you have any spare DR200 engine covers set up for the oil cooler send them my way

unstuck
17th November 2014, 19:03
If you have any spare DR200 engine covers set up for the oil cooler send them my way

There may be a spare, not sure how fucked the motor I got today is, or wether I can be fucked rebuilding it. So I may let you have that one.:msn-wink:

Kickaha
17th November 2014, 21:00
There may be a spare, not sure how fucked the motor I got today is, or wether I can be fucked rebuilding it. So I may let you have that one.:msn-wink:

If you can't be fucked rebuilding it I might be interested in the whole thing