PDA

View Full Version : Who here owns a MiniMoto?

White trash
14th September 2005, 16:32
Just wondering 'cause I'd like to get a binch of us together, then have some non-owners have a play, try to convert some more.

I've got one, can probably get my hands on another (although it's not for beginners to ride)

So, put your hands up.

froggyfrenchman
14th September 2005, 16:36
i own one, but live on hastings. Im always willing to let anyone have a thrash on it after the bucket meets in waipawa, or any other time if they ask. Any local to here want to have a go, just pm me. they are suprisingly fun!

texmo
14th September 2005, 16:37
how many ponys do they produce?

White trash
14th September 2005, 16:40
how many ponys do they produce?

Anything between 4 and 10? Depends on whos bullshit you believe.

Motoracer
14th September 2005, 16:41
I got one but it does 200+ kmph...

loosebruce
14th September 2005, 16:43
Name a time and place and i'll bring a bottle of Beam to make things more interesting.............

froggyfrenchman
14th September 2005, 16:45
mine does 220+, so ill ride it up for the ocasion. Gimme a call 1/2hr before you plan to start...

GR81
14th September 2005, 16:46
Name a time and place and i'll bring a bottle of Beam to make things more interesting.............
yeap, im keen... bikes optional! haha ;)

Motoracer
14th September 2005, 16:47
mine does 220+, so ill ride it up for the ocasion. Gimme a call 1/2hr before you plan to start...

How many horses at the wheel on your bike, dude?

froggyfrenchman
14th September 2005, 16:50
no idea whatsoever. tops out at bout 80km, but you need to be pretty ballzy to ride it that fast. Just bought it as a toy then the missis started racin it while i race buckets

Motoracer
14th September 2005, 16:53
no idea whatsoever. tops out at bout 80km, but you need to be pretty ballzy to ride it that fast. Just bought it as a toy then the missis started racin it while i race buckets

Hmmmm, so what's the 220+ then? :scratch:

bugjuice
14th September 2005, 16:58
I'd love to own one, but at the moment my toy chest is a bit stretched. Love to have a go tho. Kinda looks a bit harder than it seems..

froggyfrenchman
14th September 2005, 17:01
just takn the piss... I mean pocket bikes doin that speed? are you mad? Check my profile pic

bugjuice
14th September 2005, 17:04
just takn the piss... I mean pocket bikes doin that speed? are you mad? Check my profile pic
what we lookin at? your mullet?

froggyfrenchman
14th September 2005, 17:05
well it is pretty sexy... bt look at the bike. what sorta top speed do you expect?

Motoracer
14th September 2005, 17:18

Yea, am a bit mad.. Just a tad. Sweet pocket rocket btw!

When I said mine does 200, I meant my RS. I can pick it up in the air and carry it around with me so I reckon it's a minimoto, well almost.

GR81
14th September 2005, 17:18
what we lookin at? your mullet?
yea, i too am having trouble seeing the bike for the mullet! haha

froggyfrenchman
14th September 2005, 17:21
Lets not turn this into a Love or Hate frogs mullet poll eh...

White trash
14th September 2005, 18:16
well it is pretty sexy... bt look at the bike. what sorta top speed do you expect?

Yeah, the people that sell them reckon they'll do 80 kays. *cough bullshit cough*

The watercooled criters will do almost that, the aircooled ones, about 50, maybe 60 if you gear them right.

And for the record, anyone that reckons 50 kays is too slow, obviously hasn't ridden one.

scooterboynz
14th September 2005, 19:23
yeah i got one , just an cheap one , will easily do over 50kph , i have also ridden the expensive polini ones capable of 80kph plus ,,, very scary but at the same time great fun , www.minimoto.co.nz , usually has a indoor ride up at silverdale go-cart track once a fortnight , and a race meet at mt wellington once a month or so ,, anyone wanting a go on mine quite welcome , leathers and helmet and gloves a must , i found out the hard way , ripping my new jeans , not to mention palms of my hands , arse , knees etc,,,,,,,

froggyfrenchman
14th September 2005, 19:25
words of wisdom folks...

scooterboynz
14th September 2005, 19:26
picture for you

sAsLEX
14th September 2005, 20:46

raise you jack

, but at the moment my toy chest is a bit stretched.

time to upgrade the toy box now I think!

bugjuice
14th September 2005, 20:52
time to upgrade the toy box now I think!
don't tempt me.. I think i might be tho, if I get me grubby mits on havin a go

GN1NiteStnd
17th October 2005, 16:13

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZoooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmm

Kwaka-Kid
18th October 2005, 06:00
Yay! The other day bringing some non-minmoto'ers along must have been a success! Its now my mission to talk as many people into it as possible :) I have just yesterday ordered my Daytona 2 :D And my old man is buying one once ive let him have a turn on mine, 6chris6 is waiting to break mine then will get one, Shade will be buying one whether he likes it or not. not to mention 2x workmates who will inevitably become minimotoKB'ers

hahha! This crap is the funest stuff aorund, just grinning and laughing aobut how much fun it was.

Motu
21st October 2005, 14:49
Had one in yesterday for an exhaust repair - so ok,I've now ridden a minimoto...damn,my hips are getting stiff,I reckon with steel toecaps and my knees on the pegs the sparks will fly!

Brian d marge
21st October 2005, 15:05
theres one on Yahoo auctions here in Japan 4 5000 yen I ll pop a bid on it ...see what happens ...always fancied one after a bike dealers evening back in the day ....( I was black flagged for punting me boss into the tyres ,,,,well what would you do ....)

Stephen

limbimtimwim
21st October 2005, 15:29
So, put your hands up.Dear Mr Trash,

That is a capital idea, I would like to have a go on a minimoto.

Where do you live however? North of WellingTRON encapsulates most of the planet.

TwoSeven
21st October 2005, 17:52
Minimoto's come in a range of models. The cheap ones designed for the kids that only cost a few hundred are the bottom of the range - I think they do between 2-6bhp. Then you have production which is 7.5bhp and supers which is unlimited power. The ones that cost about $3-7k produce between 12-15bhp depending on the size of the engine (sidecar units are fookin grunty) and go anywhere between 50cc and 110cc - they will easily do 90mph (about 140kph or so). But then what would you expect for an engine thats had the bejesus tuned out of it (always wondered about their reliability).

After minmoto comes midimoto (used to be called pocket bikes, but that now refers to both) - which is a class I would like to see them bring in here for the younguns and adults alike. From pocketbikes, you can go to either 125/250.

The Beast
30th October 2005, 20:41
If you wanna see some of these bikes in action, come out to kaitoke kart track in wellington on the 20th of November. We will be racing on the end of the kart rounds. If you want to test ride a bike, talk to someone wearing a black t-shirt with 'Team Xtreme' on the sleave, It will be either myself (aaron), Greg or Jason

ChrissGriffin
11th March 2006, 11:03
hey guys.i am a new rider.i live in porirua wellington.i just got me a 110cc 4 stroke supermini.any ideas on were i can ride without gettin hassled by the law? i took it for a run ona grass field and got over 40miles dont quite know what that is in k,s.

inlinefour
27th March 2006, 11:58
Old school original 1973 Z50J. :spudwave:

The Beast
27th March 2006, 18:01
photo?

inlinefour
27th March 2006, 19:15
photo?

on my profile...:bleh:

The Beast
27th March 2006, 20:07
Hahaha cheers for that mate, saw that in the other thread after I posted...