PDA

View Full Version : New MNZ President?

Pumba
30th November 2014, 20:04
So according to the FIM website Jim Tuckerman has been appointed to the FIM Board of Directors as FIM Oceania President http://www.fim-live.com/en/fim/men-women/the-board-of-directors/, and I have read a unsubstantiated comment that he has resigned as MNZ President.

So what does this mean for MNZ? Is this the opportunity for change in MNZ that all in sundry on this very forum have been calling for? What say you?

(Full disclosure - I read this on Facebook, I am bored tonight, and I am curious to see where a thread like this might go. Even if that very well could be PD:ar15:)

husaberg
30th November 2014, 20:14
So according to the FIM website Jim Tuckerman has been appointed to the FIM Board of Directors as FIM Oceania President http://www.fim-live.com/en/fim/men-women/the-board-of-directors/, and I have read a unsubstantiated comment that he has resigned as MNZ President.

So what does this mean for MNZ? Is this the opportunity for change in MNZ that all in sundry on this very forum have been calling for? What say you?

(Full disclosure - I read this on Facebook, I am bored tonight, and I am curious to see where a thread like this might go. Even if that very well could be PD:ar15:)

That Drew for MNZ Presicunt........:rolleyes:

nodrog
30th November 2014, 20:34
What The Sweeeearword!

ellipsis
30th November 2014, 23:32
Who the fuck is Jim Tuckerman.

husaberg
1st December 2014, 06:59

He's the dude that was in the way of Drew Pressicunt of the MNZ.

scrivy
1st December 2014, 07:36
Make it a paid position, and you might just get someone with a bit of caliber applying......

scott411
1st December 2014, 08:19
Make it a paid position, and you might just get someone with a bit of caliber applying......

remember when we had Paul Pav as CEO and his predicisors in paid positions, and not a lot of people were happy then either, Jim was ment to be the answer to that problem,

Hopefully the new baord members that got put in this year, will be joined by somemore and a new president next year and we can move forward, but first, we will need to get a decision from the membership on what forward actually is,

nodrog
1st December 2014, 08:32

I've got a .50 caliber is that enough?

scrivy
1st December 2014, 09:34
remember when we had Paul Pav as CEO and his predicisors in paid positions, and not a lot of people were happy then either, Jim was ment to be the answer to that problem,

Hopefully the new baord members that got put in this year, will be joined by somemore and a new president next year and we can move forward, but first, we will need to get a decision from the membership on what forward actually is,

I hear ya Scott.
Paul was on silly money - which the then board agreed to.... that was never going to work.
Having JT on no money - Hmmmm... how's that worked out??

Having a paid Pressie only - for the pinnacle of our sporting code, must surely bring in better applicants? It doesn't have to be a 40 hour a week role.

scrivy
1st December 2014, 09:34
I've got a .50 caliber is that enough?

Got any BUK missiles lying around in your shed???

jellywrestler
1st December 2014, 09:42
Got any BUK missiles lying around in your shed???

probably a few Bukkake ones....

scrivy
1st December 2014, 11:17
probably a few Bukkake ones....

Well I knew about those ones...... I mean FFS..... it's Gordie we're talking about...... :whistle:

ellipsis
1st December 2014, 11:46

...it's come back to me know...he's a relation of Helen Clark isn't he...seems to be a resemblance in their M.O any way...

scott411
1st December 2014, 12:02
I hear ya Scott.
Paul was on silly money - which the then board agreed to.... that was never going to work.
Having JT on no money - Hmmmm... how's that worked out??

Having a paid Pressie only - for the pinnacle of our sporting code, must surely bring in better applicants? It doesn't have to be a 40 hour a week role.

with the current voting format, coupled with the appathy from the membership, I dont think a paid president would be a good thing, you only need to get about 400 poeple to vote you in,

Billy
1st December 2014, 14:00
with the current voting format, coupled with the appathy from the membership, I dont think a paid president would be a good thing, you only need to get about 400 poeple to vote you in,

It would appear on the face of it, That payment makes little difference,

For example, Now there is a new paid position at MNZ to organise sponsorship, It appears NZSBK has attained zero sponsorship for the series due to start in 31 days, While I wouldn't have expected the person involved to have secured a major sponsor for this season, I would have expected "SOME" sponsorship atleast, It appears there is a culture at MNZ to delete the tough questions or information released that they do not want the public to know about, I hope thos eengaging in this practice realise they are just reinforcing the culture that has seen MNZ slump to where it is today,

F5 Dave
1st December 2014, 19:35
So how are the MX guys faring? Or should that be `fairing` for an ironic pun? Maybe we should put knobs on our respective GSXRs and the like.

Pumba
1st December 2014, 19:54
There was an article in the Herald 6 or so months back about the Motocross De Nations team and reading between the lines they were pretty pissed at MNZ regarding team selection and general piss poor organisation.

Would be interested to know what the average motocross thinks though.

scott411
1st December 2014, 20:04
There was an article in the Herald 6 or so months back about the Motocross De Nations team and reading between the lines they were pretty pissed at MNZ regarding team selection and general piss poor organisation.

Would be interested to know what the average motocross thinks though.

as a general mix, probably in a similar mind to the road racers, but the majority are apithetic, and there is no internet forum to discuss it anymore,

jellywrestler
1st December 2014, 20:07
Would be interested to know what the average motocrosser thinks though. is there such a thing as an "average motocrosser"?

the mind boggles.....

Drew
3rd December 2014, 10:37
Scrivy for the job!

Shaun Harris
3rd December 2014, 12:16
Scrivy for the job!

I would vote for that if I could haha

Grumph
3rd December 2014, 15:14
I would vote for that if I could haha

As far as I know, non licence holding members have full voting rights...They may be able to deny you a licence but I don't think they can deny you membership and hence a vote...

From what I'm told there will be a caretaker/interim Prez from the current board for the remainder of JT's term - when or if he puts in his resignation.

nodrog
3rd December 2014, 15:38
Scrivy for the job!

Saw Scrivy today he is a bit busy. Ideally the role would suit somebody semi retired ( calm down Shaun, I said retired not retarded).

Scouse
3rd December 2014, 15:44
Saw Scrivy today he is a bit busy. Ideally the role would suit somebody semi retired ( calm down Shaun, I said retired not retarded).Hodor.....

Shaun Harris
3rd December 2014, 15:49
As far as I know, non licence holding members have full voting rights...They may be able to deny you a licence but I don't think they can deny you membership and hence a vote...

From what I'm told there will be a caretaker/interim Prez from the current board for the remainder of JT's term - when or if he puts in his resignation.

If I could vote for Scrivy even with the cost of Joining to vote only! I would, but doubt he would accept the roll as it SHOULD be a full time paid proffessional roll ( MNZ with $750-000 + in the bank) But I may also be the Jinx with JT as I fought hard and long to get votes his way also as he was a different person back then before the power trip buzz started. JT Resignation cannot come soon enough for the good of the sport here and best wishes to the Oceana team though. It is just like the police though in there, you go in with the best intentions but pier pressure eventually takes over and destroys the previous charactuer of the person involved enticing them into the " OLD BOYS CLUB" why you seriously would want to be a member of that I have no ides, they cannot write rules with logic, ( But do have there own genuine parts supplier lol) they cannot make decisions that make sense to the rest of the world, proof that ROTTEN apples spoil the batch!

Billy
15th December 2014, 10:33
Glen Williams has been appointed as the interim MNZ President,

GOOD STUFF, Finally the organisation can start to move forward, 2 more to get rid of AND I have it on good authority that one of the ousted board members has a plan with the "oldboys club" to run for the position in 2015, Glen CLEARLY out qualifies anybody else who's name has been mentioned for the position by a longshot, All MEMBERS need to get behind him and the new board to bring the organisation and individual disciplines some credibility and back the commissioners up instead of as has been the case of interfering.

Mental Trousers
15th December 2014, 12:31
Glen Williams has been appointed as the interim MNZ President

Holy shit, that's the best news I've heard for a long time!!!!! You couldn't plan that.

Billy
15th December 2014, 12:51
Holy shit, that's the best news I've heard for a long time!!!!! You couldn't plan that.

I did,

It was part of the plan when I nominated him earlier this year and was discussed between him and a few of us at the Taupo round of NZSBK 2014 and then met with the outgoing President at the Jolly Goodfellows on the Sat nite, We just left that bit out when discussing it with him hahaha, Guess he found out aye LOL.

One thing you can count on, Is Glen,Ray, Noel and Dean are united in moving things forward and rectifying some of the stuff thats been railroaded through in the past, BUT, It will take some time.

sidecar bob
15th December 2014, 13:06
Choice! thats all.

Mental Trousers
15th December 2014, 13:14

I did, .

I mean getting rid of the incumbent by promoting him right out of the way. Never occurred to me. I knew about getting the right person into the job :niceone:

Billy
15th December 2014, 13:27
I mean getting rid of the incumbent by promoting him right out of the way. Never occurred to me. I knew about getting the right person into the job :niceone:

Hahaha,

You really are out of the loop, He wasn't promoted at all, That Oceania job has been available for some time now (Atleast 12 months I believe). From what I was told, Nobody else was interested.

I think somebody just realised the game was up and jumped before they were ousted, As I said earlier re the new board members getting stuck in and making some serious headway in regards to the operation of the board. Good stuff

Mental Trousers
15th December 2014, 14:11
Jumping is good. Means there's less support for those that are still there and more pressure on them.