PDA

View Full Version : Long haired, tattooed layabouts?

bungbung
27th January 2004, 14:55
Well, are you? I think we can agree on biking requiring too much money for the layabout part of things. But do you have tatts or what you would consider long hair?

Myself, no and no.

bluninja
27th January 2004, 15:04
2 Tattoos, going back to longer hair (where it still grows) in a few years. Here's some hair I prepared earlier :banana:

duckman
27th January 2004, 15:09
Very short hair...i.e. clippers no attachment. This is to avoid the helmut hair issue....

And 4 tattoo's so far. :innocent:

Ms Piggy
27th January 2004, 15:16
I have long hair & 2 tattos. But I got my tattos long before I started riding :rockon:

This is the design of one of mine.

Motoracer
27th January 2004, 15:18
I have long hair & 2 tattos. But I got my tattos long before I started riding :rockon:

This is the design of one of mine.

Nice one! Where did you put that one? (if I am allowed to ask, if not n/m)

Blue: You look pretty stylie there mate :niceone:

duckman
27th January 2004, 15:22
Mine are of the four Alchemist elements

Air
Water
Fire
Earth

On the four corners of my back no less. :sly:

Jackrat
I have sod all hair to be bothered leting it grow long again.
I have full coverage tattoos on both arms,Others on my back,chest,an legs,
most of them motorcycle related,all of them over twenty years old an the most stupid bloody thing I have ever done.
My younger brother owns the Tattoo studio on Queen St,so if your dumb enough to want some fancy scars go an see him,he will rip you off for all your worth.Just tell him Rat sent you, that way I get a kick back.
Thanks.

Ms Piggy
Nice one! Where did you put that one? (if I am allowed to ask, if not n/m)

It goes down my left thigh. Not in those colours. I got it done by Roger in Cuba Street, Wgtn.

Ms Piggy
27th January 2004, 15:24
Mine are of the four Alchemist elements

Air
Water
Fire
Earth

On the four corners of my back no less. :sly:

That sounds very cool!

I'm always thinking of my next inking, but being a poor Uni student now I think it's one hobbie that will go on hold a while. :disapint:

bungbung
27th January 2004, 15:26
oooh, I'm feeling very 'intact'. Surely I'm not the only one here who hasn't been ravaged by an inky needle?

Motoracer
27th January 2004, 15:32
I am the other one with the short hair and no tattoo. Always wanted to get something but at the rate my mind changes, I decided to put it off till later. Thats if I am getting one at all.

I reckon they look awesome though!

k14
27th January 2004, 15:46
Nah, ill stick to defacing other peoples property rather than getting hep c from the tattoo needle. :Punk:

James Deuce
27th January 2004, 15:56
No Hair, No tats.

By no hair I mean on top of my head.

It grows everywhere else except there. Oh, and the soles of my feet aren't hairy either.

matthewt
27th January 2004, 16:06
no tats, short hair but have trouble reaching the footpegs :msn-wink:

Motu
27th January 2004, 16:14
No tats or piercings - like smoking I just can't see the point.I was a Willy Nelson look alike for years,but last year the beard went and a couple of months ago the tail went and I got a buzz job.Still got some serious hair on the upper lip,can't imagine letting that go.

Nouseforaname
27th January 2004, 16:27
Short hair, im too lazy to brush it and stuff so i shave it..... one tattoo on my back and my whole right arm done, and i got those bloody tunnels in my ears, the ones that make me look like an african tribesman...... my folks think im the bee's knee's :p

wkid_one
27th January 2004, 16:40
I prefer a brazilian and a discrete tattoo or two

Big Dog
27th January 2004, 17:20
I have a 1/4 back tattoo. I used to have hair down to my waist but can't find a helmet that that is possible to get on over that much hair now. Probably used to really look the part then when i was 23-25 had hair down to waist, red goatee, tatoo's and was a solo parent (shame at the time it was in the years I had given up the beast). Real bogan. when mixed with motorcycle boots black jeans and tees and a falcon xe.

lol :lol:

Jackrat
27th January 2004, 17:58

Whats a brazilian??

Big Dog
27th January 2004, 18:05
Whats a brazilian??
Go down to the local hair stylist and ask for one. This is a family website. :whistle:

riffer
27th January 2004, 18:27
I have just the one - got it when I was 17 - its on my right upper arm.

Wherewolf on a rock under the moon, howling up to the sky as it stands over its human victim, throat torn out.

Hey - I grew up in the Hutt Valley! :devil2:

My wife has more tatts (and piercings) than me tho - It gonna cost me a bundle to catch up with her!

wkid_one
27th January 2004, 18:27
Whats a brazilian?? PMPL - you must be kidding surely? It is the next step up after a Californian

georgedubyabush
27th January 2004, 18:33
No and no.
May go for a Rooster in a hangmans noose on my calf though... just to say I have a cock that hangs below my knees.

Jackrat
27th January 2004, 19:36
PMPL - you must be kidding surely? It is the next step up after a Californian

Nope I'm not kiding and what the hell is a Californian.

Lou Girardin
27th January 2004, 20:02
Still got hair, bugger all grey. So I'm grateful.
Lou

Kickaha
27th January 2004, 21:14
Short hair,normally a 1 or 2 only 1 tatt, a dragon down my back, I do want more but spending all my money on other stuff like racing comes first.

wkid_one
27th January 2004, 21:45
Nope I'm not kiding and what the hell is a Californian.
Now this is purely in the interests of enlightening JR....

A Californian is where you girl leaves only a little racing stripe above the (CENSORED) to guide you in. This came about through the Skimpy Bikinis commonly worn on Californian Beaches that necessitate more than you average bikini wax

A Brazilian is where they leave NOTHING. This came about due to the fact that it is very hot in Brazil - and often for hygiene reasons the Brazilian girls prefer the 'fresh out of the box' look.

SPman
27th January 2004, 23:06
Or in other words, ya shave ya pubes!

LB
28th January 2004, 05:19
Short/medium hair, currently blonde (formerly red)
No tats, no plans to get any
Pierced ears (once in each lobe)
Feet reach footpegs

Jackrat
28th January 2004, 07:47
Or in other words, ya shave ya pubes!

Oh yeah right then Thanks,I think. :laugh:

Hitcher
28th January 2004, 11:29
And a "Grecian" is where there's a single strip across the top??
And an "Australian" is where you shave your forehead as well?

The mind positively boggles...
:o

Mitch
28th January 2004, 12:26
I have one tat and long hair but definetly not a layabout (all the time) :whistle:
Use to love guys with long hair but have to admin over the years that has done a complete 180, guys almost always look beter eith short hair!!!!!!!!!!!
:love: mmmm

Ms Piggy
28th January 2004, 14:28
Now this is purely in the interests of enlightening JR....

A Californian is where you girl leaves only a little racing stripe above the (CENSORED) to guide you in. This came about through the Skimpy Bikinis commonly worn on Californian Beaches that necessitate more than you average bikini wax

A Brazilian is where they leave NOTHING. This came about due to the fact that it is very hot in Brazil - and often for hygiene reasons the Brazilian girls prefer the 'fresh out of the box' look.

Hang on...I thought the Brazillian was the one with the 'Landing Strip' and the completely hairless version was called a Hollywood. :wacko:

duckman
28th January 2004, 14:33
Now I dunno about a Hollywood but I know a Brazillian is a hairless hotel. :innocent:

Hitcher
28th January 2004, 14:34
And a Commando is no underwear, right?
:gob:

duckman
28th January 2004, 14:39
Spot on !!! :yes:

Ms Piggy
28th January 2004, 15:57
Now I dunno about a Hollywood but I know a Brazillian is a hairless hotel. :innocent:

Yeah well I hadn't heard of it either - it was a man that told me about it so... :bleh:

Nouseforaname
28th January 2004, 16:00
now i am confused :angry2:

This is my mates tat, im gona go one better and get a guy on a ride on lawnmower :msn-wink:

Lou Girardin
29th January 2004, 06:06
There is a male style called, back, crack and sack.
Lou

Jackrat
29th January 2004, 06:57
:lol: I think iv'e just learnt more than I needed to know. :lol:

DeanOh
29th January 2004, 09:15
hahahha :laugh:
Theres no way someone is putting hot wax on my sack and then ripping it off.

I have 2 tatts, I have also had one removed.
And short hair since 1985. :apint:

Hitcher
29th January 2004, 09:30
There is a male style called, back, crack and sack.
Lou
(Shivers visibly)

What?
29th January 2004, 09:54
No tatts. Not my thing.
Short hair these days, used to be long. Before that it was really long. Work + age changed that, but I'm still a long-haired lout in my mind (what there is of it).

Coldkiwi
29th January 2004, 12:07
My god Blu, what happened to ya!? its a good thing your hair did change or you'd never look the part on the RSV! your long hair does suit that yellow thing though (sorry, if it ain't got fairings I wouldn't know a bike back from front- what a jafa!)

kasper
29th January 2004, 12:26
Long hair and if I lean back it can rest on the pilion seat.
And no tatoos although i am thinking of geting one with an anthro jaguar riding a goldwing.

Hitcher
29th January 2004, 13:08
Long hair and if I lean back it can rest on the pilion seat.
And no tatoos although i am thinking of geting one with an anthro jaguar riding a goldwing.
What on earth is an "anthro jaguar"?? Is it anything like a Jethro Tull??

bluninja
29th January 2004, 15:39
My god Blu, what happened to ya!? its a good thing your hair did change or you'd never look the part on the RSV! your long hair does suit that yellow thing though (sorry, if it ain't got fairings I wouldn't know a bike back from front- what a jafa!)
CK, that was my wifes Kwacka ZL600 Eliminator. Shaft driven dragster styling, and powered by a detuned gpz600 engine. The hair got longer than that...but now it's short again (but growing).

foy
29th January 2004, 16:12
What on earth is an "anthro jaguar"?? Is it anything like a Jethro Tull??

anthro= anthropomorphic. A walking/riding jaguar. I wouldn't mind a wolf tat myself

Zed
29th January 2004, 18:50
no tats, short hair but have trouble reaching the footpegs :msn-wink:
Hey Matthew, that Augusta of yours looks like a mean machine! Can you give me some stats about it? hp, top speed, etc.

Zed
(BTW- I keep my hair short and have no tatoos...because of my beliefs)

matthewt
29th January 2004, 19:32
Hey Matthew, that Augusta of yours looks like a mean machine! Can you give me some stats about it? hp, top speed, etc.

Zed
(BTW- I keep my hair short and have no tatoos...because of my beliefs)

www.mvagusta.it (note the spelling) would be the best place to get stats on it. Top speed is rated at 286kph but most MV riders change the gearing on it. I've hit 250 on it which would be about max for the gearing (up 2 teeth on the rear sprocket). Mine dynoed at 120.8hp at the rear wheel which is right for a sorted 2001 model. 2002 & 2003 models got the revised motor and produced about 10 more HP on the 2000/2001 model. This year the 1000cc models are due out, they look the same but are lighter and obviously a lot more powerful.

I got mine new but there are 2 or 3 2nd hand ones going between $25k and $28k which is not bad as most of them are mint.

The Brutale (MV's version of the Ducati Monster) is a great ride and a lot more practical for everyday riding.

MadDuck
29th January 2004, 20:08
LMFAO...went to Physio today (have a dodgy back problem)...asked said physio if riding the bike would aggrevate the injury. He said no then asked what "gang" i belonged to. Some things never change :brick:

Me got short haircut and one tattoo....avoid hot wax whenever possible.

James Deuce
29th January 2004, 20:23
(BTW- I keep my hair short and have no tatoos...because of my beliefs) :ar15: :ar15: :ar15: :ar15: :ar15: :ar15: :ar15:

OK That's IT!! I've been holding it in for what feels like freakin' millenia now - ENOUGH WITH THE PREACHING ALREADY!!

WE GET IT!!

You could learn a lot from Cold Kiwi about humility, tolerance, and sensitivity.

Its a motorcycling site.

I feel much better now.

SPman
29th January 2004, 20:40
Used to have long hair and no Tatts.
Then it all fell out - so 1 tatt was deemed acceptable!

Zed
29th January 2004, 21:20
[color=black]:ar15: :ar15: :ar15: :ar15: :ar15: :ar15: :ar15:

OK That's IT!! I've been holding it in for what feels like freakin' millenia now - ENOUGH WITH THE PREACHING ALREADY!!

WE GET IT!!

You could learn a lot from Cold Kiwi about humility, tolerance, and sensitivity.

Its a motorcycling site.

I feel much better now.
Wow what a reaction!! and I didn't even quote any scripture. I really can't be myself around here without someone accusing me of preaching at them! :angry2:

Read the post again. It wasn't preaching mate!

Toughen up Jim.

Zed

Firefight
29th January 2004, 21:52
yep, like others short hair since about 80s, kids crack up when they see photos, of mullet,, two tatts, one on my back with partners name on, in case I get lost, (you know that whole return to sender thing) and one on my arm the tradional snake/rose /dagger . :eek:

firefight :sunny:

MikeL
30th January 2004, 07:18
When I was younger and wiser I was wary of tattoos - too permanent, too ostentatious, just not me. A few years ago my eldest son came back from an overseas trip with "Woodstock" tattooed on his upper arm (I still don't know everything he got up to and I'm not going to ask, but it was obviously a seminal experience for him in more ways than one). After my initial knee-jerk reaction I had to admit the tattoo looks pretty cool.
As for getting one myself...
Problem would be deciding what.

Hair: less is more!

Draco
30th January 2004, 09:01
LMFAO...went to Physio today (have a dodgy back problem)...asked said physio if riding the bike would aggrevate the injury. He said no then asked what "gang" i belonged to. Some things never change :brick:
It's still everywhere, my podiatrist asked me to steal him some face masks cause us motorcyclists are theives.

Add me to the list of tattood, long haired lout too. Only 1 tatt on my back of a dolphin jumping through waves and bubbles, designed myself. Want two more, one of a dragon and one of my bike, just gotta find a desent tattooist here (and that bloody annoying stuff they call money).

Mitch
2nd February 2004, 07:39
Used to have long hair and no Tatts.
Then it all fell out - so 1 tatt was deemed acceptable!

LMFAO and what a lovely tattoo it is SPman teehee :moon:

XRNR
2nd February 2004, 08:40
...and I got a buzz job...
We call it a Hummer these days!

now i am confused :angry2:

This is my mates tat, im gona go one better and get a guy on a ride on lawnmower :msn-wink:
Oh please, ...Put it away!

Picture here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=23170&postcount=38)

wkid_one
2nd February 2004, 10:32
.. I keep my hair short.........because of my beliefs)
I am sorry - but didn't Hey-Sus have the killer mullet going on?? It sure looked like it in all the TV you have to watch on Easter Sunday?

Big Dog
2nd February 2004, 16:35
I am sorry - but didn't Hey-Sus have the killer mullet going on?? It sure looked like it in all the TV you have to watch on Easter Sunday?
Must we go there? :shutup:

Skyryder
25th June 2004, 23:07
Short grey hair. Brazilian look down below. (recent surgery etc) No tats. Did anyone see the History chanell a few weeks ago? They did something on the History of the tattoo.

Skyryder

marty
26th June 2004, 14:32
Hang on...I thought the Brazillian was the one with the 'Landing Strip' and the completely hairless version was called a Hollywood. :wacko:
we've discussed this before.....

http://www.the-complete-hair-removal-guide.com/brazilian-waxing.html

marty
26th June 2004, 14:33
hahahha :laugh:
Theres no way someone is putting hot wax on my sack and then ripping it off.

:apint:.

hmmm....hot wax......

Wenier
26th June 2004, 15:05
no tats and short hair so me head will fit in my helmet :laugh:

dangerous
26th June 2004, 22:20
:lol: I think iv'e just learnt more than I needed to know. :lol:
:killingme

Tatt's on arm, sholder & back (semi bike related) something I dont reconmend before the age of 25.

Hair, short but in the early 80's big red afro & late 80's 'the mullet' god I loved the 80's *humming funky town*

Nah, ill stick to defacing other peoples property rather than getting hep c from the tattoo needle. :Punk:
That aint gona happen at a professional artest's, its all through away now days.

scumdog
26th June 2004, 22:49
On you or on your doris?? ;)

scumdog
26th June 2004, 23:00
A couple of tats, No1 cut, steel caps, black jersey, holes in the earlobes, just you standard white trash (sorry about that W.T) stuff - V8 cars, guns, the list goes on :eek5:
Use to have shoulder lenght plus but I think my current boss would frown on that ( the earing thing caused a bit of friction but the skull ring remains) :sneaky2:

moko
27th June 2004, 06:30
Used to have the "Lemmy" hair"style",permanent 3 day whisker-growth,evilly gravel-rashed biker leather and plenty of battle-scars.Still got a bit of road grit in my face from 1977.Tats all up both arms,all-round forearms and one on each hand,one on right shoulder.Got most of them done when I was 17 and slightly psychotic.Had the ripped jeans look years before it became fashion.Never had my hair past shoulder length since I was about 22,had a number 2 a few times,now just short,may well go back to the skinhead look as I work in 35degrees at the height of the summer and have to wear a safety hat,gets "a bit warm".Only snag is I`ve got a scar on my head from a fight years ago that shows up when it`s too short,reason i grew it back in the first place.Still wear the same black leather jacket,jeans and boots,either DMs or Cats,as I always have,stick with it long enough and I`ll come back into fashion.

Big Dog
28th June 2004, 18:27
I found my Tattoo very cathartic. I had been robbed a few times by both criminals and IRD and wanted something that would be difficult to steal.

menace
28th June 2004, 23:45
Dont know how relavent this is but I have "medium" hair? dont know how to describe it... :S its not hard out rockstar long just around down to my chin/shoulders...

Tatt in a few weeks i have been designing it for the last 3 years its simple but yeah it is what i want... :)

toads
1st July 2004, 14:36
oooh, I'm feeling very 'intact'. Surely I'm not the only one here who hasn't been ravaged by an inky needle?

I am still uninked, but considering getting a tatt sometime in the future, just can't decide what or where yet! It will have to be something that is meaningful and somewhere discreet!

andy1
21st July 2004, 06:33
i got one tattoo on me back :sweatdrop
The oldman wasnt to happy about it tho :laugh:

greenhorn
21st July 2004, 07:58
I have not tats and short hair.
I thought i'd relate a couple of amusing stories about tats...
One was in Greg Newbold's book: The Big Huey. When he was inside a fellow prisoner decided he wanted "JUSTICE SUX" tattooed on his forehead. The method was, write it in ink on some toilet paper, moisten the forehead, slap the paper on the forehead leaving an outline to follow while looking in the mirror. He did so and was the laughing stock of the prison when he went for breakfast the next morning for obvious reasons.
The other was a British Officer in WW2.
If was well liked by the foot soldiers and hated by his fellow british officers because he did not have the right "breeding" to be a british officer. ie he did not hold his pinky finger out when drinking his tea etc. Well, to make matters worse he had his whole back covered in a scene that depicted a fox hunt. Fat red faced sweating Poms on the back of horses chasing a fox, apparently you could see the fox's tail dissapearing between his arse cheeks.
Nice one i reckon.
That story is from a book called "One Fourteenth Of an Elephant". It's the story of the Burmese railway told by a survivor. Worthwhile reading

jrandom
21st July 2004, 08:17
Have I posted to this thread yet?

I'm boring. No tats, no holes with dangling metal, but I still manage to avoid looking tidy. #2 haircut. No style at all, really.

NC
19th August 2004, 16:24
I have long hair and tattoos, I'm not a layabout though :)

Blakamin
19th August 2004, 16:31
shaved head and about 30% tattooed..(arms, back, little one on leg)
Tunnel and 3 other holes in left ear and a pierced tongue :Punk:

Paul in NZ
19th August 2004, 17:24
I am as god intended....

(no, not THE GOD, the other one in charge of doodles and fat old white guys)

Never seen the point and never felt the need. Grew my hair long a few times but it looked shite as i got fatterrer and olderrer and when it started to scare small children I gave it up....

jrandom
19th August 2004, 17:25
not THE GOD, the other one in charge of doodles and fat old white guys

Your wife?

Hitcher
19th August 2004, 17:37
NC30, just proves that Venus de Milo can't hold a candle to you??

NC
19th August 2004, 17:49
NC30, just proves that Venus de Milo can't hold a candle to you??

:o And that I have two more arms than she does :D

Paul in NZ
19th August 2004, 17:54
Your wife?

No, she is THE GODDESS... :2thumbsup

Hitcher
19th August 2004, 17:57
:o And that I have two more arms than she does :D
Exactamundo

Blakamin
19th August 2004, 17:59
Is that coz Venus cant hold candles???

no offense intended

aff-man
19th August 2004, 18:03
And then there is me. Just another weedy white guy on a sports bike :banana: :wavey: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NC
19th August 2004, 18:11
Is that coz Venus cant hold candles???

no offense intended

She was good with her feet :eek:

Nice tat:)

Blakamin
19th August 2004, 18:13
KEWL TATTS!!!!

Mongoose
19th August 2004, 18:21
KEWL TATTS!!!!

Oh, ummmmmmm :Oops: it was the tats we were to look at :doh: me. So it was not a :sneaky2: wee leg show then :thud:

NC
19th August 2004, 18:25
Oh, ummmmmmm :Oops: it was the tats we were to look at :doh: me. So it was not a :sneaky2: wee leg show then :thud:

I feel dirty :blink: Haha!

Mongoose
19th August 2004, 18:30
I feel dirty :blink: Haha!

As long as it keeps you happy :killingme

aff-man
19th August 2004, 18:33
And everyone else :killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme

NC
19th August 2004, 18:35
As long as it keeps you happy :killingme
:bleh: :killingme