PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Vespa PX200

DonaldH
14th September 2005, 22:14
I have a colleague who want a Piaggiao/Vespa PX200 late model, good nick.

Assuming that it is the same model that is?

texmo
15th September 2005, 00:29
09 3780952 the guy is asking $2500 if you get it for nder that its a bargain I dont know the guy personal, its an 02 px200 one owner has been droped once, good condition..

Racey Rider
15th September 2005, 09:06
NO!!!!! Don't do it!!!

I ride a PX200 as a part-time job. They are horrible!

They VIBRATE really bad.

and the gearchange system really sucks.

modboy
15th September 2005, 10:04
Look, you wouldn't choose a MGB GT if you just wanted a car that gets you from A to B. Same goes for a Vespa, it's about style, fun and culture.

I'm disinterested in motorbike culture, what is the smoothest fastest, best handling bike or whatever - I have a vespa because it's basically lot of fun and the PX's are classics.

The glove box mechanism vibrates a bit at around 70k. That's about it. I should try to fix it. It's just loose.

They are discontinuing the PX range (apparently) so they'll be even more so classics. Sorry they are like hen's teeth second hand. And you can't have mine.

Good luck

texmo
15th September 2005, 11:47
racey rider what do you do as a part-time job?
And well put modboy, btw the have already stop making them.

MisterD
15th September 2005, 12:06
Donald, does yer colleague want a Vespa or is he happy with something that looks like one? Could get a brand-spank-me new Belladonna from Retroscooter in Mt Eden....exactly the same body, slightly smaller motor.

Texmo's got one so they can't be too bad! :cool:

texmo
15th September 2005, 18:22
They arent too bad, I do reccomend that people by them all the time but they will never ever be as good as a PX the build quality of a pox is much better the engine is a lot smother and has a better tourqe curve, but in saying that the belladonna is 2grand cheeper brand new. All depends on what you want and what you are going to use it for, If its only around town belladonna, if you go on motorway vespa. Price also comes into it even though the px is a lot more it holds its price a lot better too and scince they havent been making px's for 2 years now, they should hold their prices even better.