PDA

View Full Version : Short vrs Long vrs Stock Levers

BlackSheepLogic
5th December 2014, 17:13
Read a lot of reviews on levers - short vrs long vrs stock lengths but rather than personal preferences I wanted to get a feel for the length differences. Attached is an image of right lever in all three lengths.

98tls
5th December 2014, 20:30
Awhile back a bloke on the TL site put together yet another group buy so bought (because they were so cheap) a set of shorties and standard length aftermarket levers,put the short ones on went for a ride turned round went home took em off and chucked then in the wheelie bin,cant for the life of me work out why anybody bothered making em to be honest.:oi-grr:

Akzle
5th December 2014, 20:35
"it's not the size that counts... it's how you use it"
:bleh:

98tls
5th December 2014, 20:37
"it's not the size that counts... it's how you use it"
:bleh:

Sounds like a Tui ad for Harley Davidson.

BlackSheepLogic
6th December 2014, 08:38
Awhile back a bloke on the TL site put together yet another group buy so bought (because they were so cheap) a set of shorties and standard length aftermarket levers,put the short ones on went for a ride turned round went home took em off and chucked then in the wheelie bin,cant for the life of me work out why anybody bothered making em to be honest.:oi-grr:

I got use to the short brake lever, did not see it as an improvement but it did not bother me. The shorty for a clutch lever I could not get use to even after having it on the bike for a couple of weeks. More fatiguing as well.

The long levers are great and personally I would never try short levers again (lot people seem to like them tho). The long levers being a little shorter than the stock levers should also make them less vulnerable in the event of a fall.

Erelyes
6th December 2014, 08:47
The chazzo's I got of ebay have a wee notch in the long ones, so if they were to get broken it'd hopefully break to the length of a shorty. (example) (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Various-CNC-Brake-Clutch-Levers-For-Suzuki-SV650-S-DL650-Katana-GSX600F-GSX750F-/351074532765?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&var=&hash=item51bdac3d9d&vxp=mtr)