PDA

View Full Version : Helmet saves sewer slide biker

Bob
15th September 2005, 00:23
A french biker was swept for “more than a mile” through the sewer system in Cannes after falling down a manhole during a downpour.

André Messager had just got off his motorbike when he slipped and fell down a manhole whose cover had been dislodged by rain that deluged the region.

His first reaction was to pull his motorbike helmet back on and secure the straps. Then he "lay back, with my hands crossed on my stomach, as if I was on a water slide in an amusement park, and let myself go".

Messager was unharmed aside from a few bruises and scratches, with his helmet protecting his head during his nightmare slide.

cowboyz
15th September 2005, 04:56
did he go back for another ride?

placidfemme
15th September 2005, 07:43
wow thats gotta suck... trying to dry out all your gear after "sewer" water has been in it...

Lou Girardin
15th September 2005, 08:26
Shit! :whistle: :dodge:

Gremlin
15th September 2005, 15:47
Shit! :whistle: :dodge:
:rofl: Once the crap begins, its all downhill from there eh? :yawn:

But how do you fall down a manhole?? They aren't very big.

Obviously you have to look where you are going ALL the time, not just when you are on two wheels.

crashe
15th September 2005, 16:19
Holy shit........

He has been now blessed.... by all in sundry....

Wonder if his insurance will pay out for new clean gear...

Lou Girardin
15th September 2005, 17:19
:rofl: Once the crap begins, its all downhill from there eh? :yawn:

But how do you fall down a manhole?? They aren't very big.

Obviously you have to look where you are going ALL the time, not just when you are on two wheels.

He's bloody lucky it wasn't a womanhole.

bugjuice
15th September 2005, 17:32
that sounds fuckin awesome!! I'm off to the top of Mt Eden next heavy rain, and see if I can get to the sea.. can be done.. those guys thru a bottle down there with that GPS tracker in it, and they found it at Mission Bay.. perfect - go for a slide, then stop for ice cream!! can't wait :eek:

XP@
10th October 2005, 11:58
probably a tad more fun with an inner tube :-)

Motu
10th October 2005, 12:57
that sounds fuckin awesome!! I'm off to the top of Mt Eden next heavy rain, and see if I can get to the sea.. can be done.. those guys thru a bottle down there with that GPS tracker in it, and they found it at Mission Bay.. perfect - go for a slide, then stop for ice cream!! can't wait :eek:

Actualy a shit load used to go down that way years ago - Aucklands sewer emptied out where Telley Carltons is now,there were turds floating in the harbour.When my father and his two step brothers used to race 18 footers in the late 40s there was often a family ''discusion'' on how to sail the boat - and whoever was on the tiller had the last word - he would take the two on trapeze for a trip through the flotsam!

Back Fire
11th October 2005, 23:50
Actualy a shit load used to go down that way years ago - Aucklands sewer emptied out where Telley Carltons is now,there were turds floating in the harbour.When my father and his two step brothers used to race 18 footers in the late 40s there was often a family ''discusion'' on how to sail the boat - and whoever was on the tiller had the last word - he would take the two on trapeze for a trip through the flotsam!

......... :killingme :killingme :killingme