PDA

View Full Version : Gotta love Floyd

froggyfrenchman
15th September 2005, 20:42
Boarderline work safe- sayn that to cover my ass

Pink floyd album covers, looking better than ever

So ya thought ya might like to go to the show? well enjoy.

The girls blamed it on a momentary lapse of reason.
Photographers only comment was wish you were here.
Session took place at the Flecter Momorial home for incurable talents.
Arnold Layne was caught doing it again.
Most guys want to see Emily (far right) play.
Girl 2nd from left was complaining about her ass becoming comfortably numb.

Thats all from me. If you can think of any more floyd quotes to describe pic, post away. Mods, feel free to scrap this...

SlowHand
15th September 2005, 20:49
Awesome - Never thought I'd find something like this on a bike forum. Maybe I need to 'have a cigar' to celebrate.

Is there anybody out there? maybe we need to bring the boys back home?

Plus the girls must have been 'out there in the cold getting lonley and getting old' though. would have taken a while to paint all that stuff on.

Waylander
15th September 2005, 20:51
maybe we need to bring the boys back home?
Nah, we don't need no education.

froggyfrenchman
15th September 2005, 20:56
Careful not to upset the woman, remember what happened last time the tigers broke free

SlowHand
15th September 2005, 21:18
Slightly off topic, anyone else go thru hot and colds while listening to the wall?

I should chill out and watch tv but Ive got 13 channels of shit on the tv to choose from. Also got strong urge to fly actually - guess what im listening to!

ZorsT
15th September 2005, 21:23
Slightly off topic, anyone else go thru hot and colds while listening to the wall?

I should chill out and watch tv but Ive got 13 channels of shit on the tv to choose from. Also got strong urge to fly actually - guess what im listening to!
I find my powers of observation are quite amasing after listening to The Wall...

Waylander
15th September 2005, 21:24
I find my powers of observation are quite amasing after listening to The Wall...
Got three different versions of that song.:Punk:

froggyfrenchman
15th September 2005, 21:27
Got three different versions of that song.:Punk:

Have a version by Korn somewhere... Cant beat origonal. That album fucks with your head, highs and lows arnt strong enough words... Anyone see the pink floyd experiance? was a hellava show! 3 thumbs up

Mother do you think theyll try to break my balls? Oh Ah, is this just a waste of time?

ZorsT
15th September 2005, 21:27
I seem to have Brain Damage some Time after being at the Great Gig In The Sky.
I've been On The Run ever since. My Signs Of Life have been fading... Must be time for A New Machine...

Waylander
15th September 2005, 21:29
Have a version by Korn somewhere... Cant beat origonal. That album fucks with your head, highs and lows arnt strong enough words... Anyone see the pink floyd experiance? was a hellava show! 3 thumbs up
Korn version is one of them. Marilyn Manson and the original are the others.

froggyfrenchman
15th September 2005, 21:32
I seem to have Brain Damage some Time after being at the Great Gig In The Sky.
I've been On The Run ever since. My Signs Of Life have been fading... Must be time for A New Machine...

Would Runlike hell if i was you!

ZorsT
15th September 2005, 21:36
Would Runlike hell if i was you!
I tried, but On The Turning Away I saw the Dogs Of War with Pigs On the Wing. Yet Another Movie could be made as I made One Slip on The Thin Ice.

Teflon
15th September 2005, 22:04
Korn version is one of them. Marilyn Manson and the original are the others.

Marilyns version is quite trippy. At the time i had my sub setup at about head level, turned the crossover to 120hz. Parts of the song, feels like the bass goes right through your body, crazy feeling.

Korns version is better.

Waylander
15th September 2005, 22:05
Marilyns version is quite trippy. At the time i had my sub setup at about head level, turned the crossover to 120hz. Parts of the song, feels like the bass goes right through your body, crazy feeling.

Korns version is better.
Yea, gives my bed soe wierd vibes when I play it through my stereo.

Korn version is better cause they put thier own flair to it where as Marilyn kinda did it almost exactly like the original.

froggyfrenchman
15th September 2005, 22:30
Who saw rockstar inxs? dnt usally watch it.... but christ that guy nailed wish you were here!

ducatilover
15th September 2005, 22:49
i just got the albumn 'pulse' and in the book they all look old why be dis? fucken good shit though! :Punk:

Blackadda
15th September 2005, 22:58
Jordis...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

pete376403
16th September 2005, 11:07
Found an extra ratio in the gearbox, way above fifth - must be Interstallar Overdrive..

(From an old album "Relics", which pretty much describes the rest of the bike, too)

vifferman
16th September 2005, 11:21
i just got the albumn 'pulse' and in the book they all look old why be dis? fucken good shit though! :Punk:
Cos they ARE old!
Yeah, "Pulse" is a bloody good album alright!:Punk:

MSTRS
16th September 2005, 11:27
I had Atom Heart Mother before Floyd were 'cool'. IIRC it was a load of bollocks. Anyone??

Lou Girardin
16th September 2005, 11:48
And Nick Mason's got more supercars than God.

zadok
16th September 2005, 11:53
I had Atom Heart Mother before Floyd were 'cool'. IIRC it was a load of bollocks. Anyone??
'Progressive' 'Experimental'? Definitely weird back then.
I had "A Saucer Full of Secrets" and "A Piper at the Gates of Dawn". Pretty trippy stuff. 'Psychodelic' was the term, I believe.
I can see why it wouldn't be everyones cup of tea.
'Meddle' & 'Obscured BY Clouds" was the start of the more popular stuff. Then of course in 1973 'The Dark Side of the Moon' etched itself into music history.

Pathos
16th September 2005, 11:54
Thats old!

I bought that poster two years ago!

froggyfrenchman
16th September 2005, 15:11

I have Ummaguma! most people have never heard of that album. Very early and bloody strange

MSTRS
16th September 2005, 15:14
I have Ummaguma! most people have never heard of that album. Very early and bloody strange
Gads...I'd forgotten 'bout that one. You are right.....weird

froggyfrenchman
16th September 2005, 15:18
Gads...I'd forgotten 'bout that one. You are right.....weird

Incredibly weird! im a hardcore floyd fan, and it took me weeks to listen to whole album...

My only copy is imprisoned in my curently buggered PC. Hope to rescue it soon

Kickaha
16th September 2005, 15:27
'Progressive' 'Experimental'? Definitely weird back then.
I had "A Saucer Full of Secrets" and "A Piper at the Gates of Dawn". Pretty trippy stuff. 'Psychodelic' was the term, I believe.
I can see why it wouldn't be everyones cup of tea.
'Meddle' & 'Obscured BY Clouds" was the start of the more popular stuff. Then of course in 1973 'The Dark Side of the Moon' etched itself into music history.

I still have those tucked away somewhere, but I don't have the required equipment to play them anymore as they're on those record type thingys that went out of fashion a long time ago

personally I think "Wish you were here " is their best effort

I've still got it on tape and some of the tracks are off earlier albums

froggyfrenchman
16th September 2005, 15:33
Have to agree... Wish you were here is pretty damn good! They played it at my cousins funeral and everyone there got up and started singn and dancn. Strange responce but pretty cool

froggyfrenchman
16th September 2005, 21:38
:oi-grr:
And Nick Mason's got more supercars than God.

Yeah, the bastard! Dont any of you tell me youhave seen floyd live either! I was born too late and dipped out :oi-grr:

SlowHand
16th September 2005, 23:35
I was unfortunate enough to catch the performance by "Marty the butcher" Just took all emotion out of the song by shortening it, changing riffs and singing it without the 'comfortable' pain. Being a budding guitarist, I notice when the solos are different.

myvice
17th September 2005, 11:00
"Several species of small ferry animals gathered together in a cave and grooving with a Pict"
Not to be listened to in the dark on re-mastered surround-sound when you’re stoned!

Err, so I’ve heard...
I was much younger and some other excuses etc etc...

kiwisfly
17th September 2005, 11:37
Boarderline work safe- sayn that to cover my ass

Pink floyd album covers, looking better than ever

So ya thought ya might like to go to the show? well enjoy.

The girls blamed it on a momentary lapse of reason.
Photographers only comment was wish you were here.
Session took place at the Flecter Momorial home for incurable talents.
Arnold Layne was caught doing it again.
Most guys want to see Emily (far right) play.
Girl 2nd from left was complaining about her ass becoming comfortably numb.

Thats all from me. If you can think of any more floyd quotes to describe pic, post away. Mods, feel free to scrap this...

"Fat bottom girls you make the rockin world go round..."
Nice pic ah!
Best Floyd moment (of many)...absolutley smashed, headphones on full blast, lights off pitch black...and listening to careful with that axe Eugene.
Whoa, just thinking about it makes the hairs stand up!

Sniper
17th September 2005, 13:36
Hmmmmm, naked females

Motu
17th September 2005, 14:14
Best Floyd moment (of many)...absolutley smashed, headphones on full blast, lights off pitch black...and listening to careful with that axe Eugene.
Whoa, just thinking about it makes the hairs stand up!

You were there that night too? I don't remember you,it's all a blur....Early Floyd was for freaks only,but the later commercial stuff is fine by me too.