PDA

View Full Version : RIP Joe Cocker

Murray
23rd December 2014, 09:39
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nyZrZPmDKKw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sad to hear - always loved his songs

husaberg
23rd December 2014, 10:28
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b04jq7NB1s

nodrog
23rd December 2014, 10:32
I guess he's not feelin' alright anymore.

swtfa
23rd December 2014, 12:39
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ9EM4B9Wk8

YellowDog
23rd December 2014, 12:46
Always been a fan of he Sheffield boy since that Woodstock gig. Sad news.

sidecar bob
23rd December 2014, 14:13
Went to his concert at the founders in Hamilton about fifteen years ago. I was always a bit confused by his song " what would you say if I sung out of tune" what did he mean by "if"?

Maha
23rd December 2014, 14:17
Went to his concert at the founders in Hamilton about fifteen years ago. I was always a bit confused by his song " what would you say if I sung out of tune" what did he mean by "if"?

Not his song and it's called 'With a little help from my friends'.

jasonu
23rd December 2014, 14:46
I didn't know he was a Pom.

sidecar bob
23rd December 2014, 14:54
Not his song and it's called 'With a little help from my friends'.

I do suspect he uttered the lyrics I said though. Fuck, discussing music is more of a minefield than religion, some zealot will always attempt to put you in your place with their superior education on the topic.

Voltaire
23rd December 2014, 15:58
I do suspect he uttered the lyrics I said though. Fuck, discussing music is more of a minefield than religion, some zealot will always attempt to put you in your place with their superior education on the topic.

Lennon/MCartney, written for Ringo who was not known as the greatest singer, off Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band, can't recall which side :bleh:

husaberg
23rd December 2014, 16:12

Its the opening part of the song, it was written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney it probably his most remembered recording. that's a FYI rather than a criticism.

What would you think if I sang out of tune,
Would you stand up and walk out on me.
Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song,
And I'll try not to sing out of key.
Oh I get by with a little help from my friends,
Mmm,I get high with a little help from my friends,
Mmm, I'm gonna try with a little help from my friends.

Rather apt song for all the Princesses who were never swept of their feet.... yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5h02ZmeB5c

unstuck
23rd December 2014, 16:33
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xYoD9kfSHg4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>:Punk::Punk:

Naki Rat
23rd December 2014, 16:59
'Cocker Happy' was one of the soundtrack albums of my youth :woohoo: Thanks for the music Joe :niceone:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TOz6Mt2t084" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
(Am I the only one that thinks he and Lorde share dancing style?)

ellipsis
23rd December 2014, 17:07
...he sung other peoples songs with a voice that suited them...he was a drunk cunt who fucked off a lot of people who bought tickets to his shows to listen to his dribble...sounds like my kind of bloke...long live rock'n'roll and the cunts who make it...RIP Joe...

Naki Rat
23rd December 2014, 17:16
...he sung other peoples songs with a voice that suited them...he was a drunk cunt who fucked off a lot of people who bought tickets to his shows to listen to his dribble...sounds like my kind of bloke...long live rock'n'roll and the cunts who make it...RIP Joe...
A friend shared a flight with Joe some time ago, in economy because it was on one of a number of airlines that had banned him from first class :drinkup:

oldrider
23rd December 2014, 21:32
Joe was just an entertainer - I liked his music - R.I.P. Joe Cocker - thank you! :ride:

cc rider
23rd December 2014, 21:36
A friend shared a flight with Joe some time ago, in economy because it was on one of a number of airlines that had banned him from first class :drinkup:l went to his concert in Brisbane when l was 18... his first concert after being allowed back into the country. lol
Great concert.

Murray
24th December 2014, 08:43

At least Bob Dylan didnt sing it

caseye
24th December 2014, 11:51
He got better and better with age! Pity he's stopped that.
RIP Mr Cocker, you entertained and enlightened many people.

Murray
24th December 2014, 11:55
He got better and better with age! Pity he's stopped that.
RIP Mr Cocker, you entertained and enlightened many people.

Stop messing around on KB and get packing

husaberg
24th December 2014, 12:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlDmslyGmGI&feature=player_detailpage
The voice unmistakable....... the soul tormented. The life he lived was his own.......Flaws and all, a remarkable and supremely talented artist.

2smokes
24th December 2014, 12:30
Way back in the day, my boss was a huge Cocker fan. He bought some package deal with flights and concert tickets to oz.
Cocker was an hour or so late out on stage then undid his pants, urinated and passed out. Concert cancelled.

The legend that was Joe Cocker.

Murray
24th December 2014, 18:16
Way back in the day, my boss was a huge Cocker fan. He bought some package deal with flights and concert tickets to oz.
Cocker was an hour or so late out on stage then undid his pants, urinated and passed out. Concert cancelled.

The legend that was Joe Cocker.

Yep he was all class!!!