PDA

View Full Version : I need help in Palmy North - Can't install my clutch cable

kadams
24th December 2014, 18:48
Hey guys I realise it's xmas time etc, but is there any kind person in Palmy North who sometime between now and Sunday would spare the time to help me attach my clutch cable?

It's a Keeway Supershadow 250, and the cable snapped last week. Since the supplier is currently out of stock (what a shock), I got one made up here in Palmy. However I can't for the life of me get it to work on the bike, to me it appears that the clutch cable is too long by up to about 10mm. However the place that made it up said they made it to the exact same length of the original. So obviously I'm not putting it on right. I have maxed out the extent of my knowledge on it, even tried getting help by phone from my brother who used to race and knows a lot about bikes but still cant get it to work.

If there is anyone who could help me out, I'd be happy to compensate for your time... thanks guys

Murray
24th December 2014, 18:52
Will be in Palmie Friday night, Saturday morning if you dont get any other help. Have changed one before on this model and I think theres 3 different places of adjustment from memory.

let us know if no one can help

kadams
24th December 2014, 19:12
Will be in Palmie Friday night, Saturday morning if you dont get any other help. Have changed one before on this model and I think theres 3 different places of adjustment from memory.

let us know if no one can help

Thanks for that mate would be much appreciated as I need it going asap for getting to and from work.