PDA

View Full Version : Man it's hot over here!

Edbear
1st January 2015, 23:33
In North Brisbane owing to the sudden death of a family member. Already the heat is oppressive and the Aussies are complaining. It's only 30 degrees here, whereas some places are over 40 and this is just the start of the Summer heat.

It's been a sad week though as Rudy's dad died from a brain aneurysm following a smaller stroke last Thursday. He was only 62.

mstriumph
2nd January 2015, 00:12
sorry for your loss ... saddest reason for travel

actually, it's hotter over here in West Australia - but there's so little humidity that it's generally quite bearable - and we have the BEST beaches :rolleyes:

Waihou Thumper
2nd January 2015, 06:01
Take care and sorry for your families' loss mate..
I guess the heat is the least of your worries but I know heat/humidity certainly can cause frustration and impatience.
Get into that A/C :)

Mom
2nd January 2015, 06:01
Condolences Ed, sorry for your loss, 62 is far too young.

Funnily enough Mark and I were talking about the weather temps yesterday and agreed we would rather live in a colder place than a hotter one. My son is in Brisbane and I often see him soaking wet, inside even with the air con on.

Take care.

caseye
2nd January 2015, 09:15
Sad to hear that news ED, look after yourselves over there and safe journeys home when the time comes.

bluninja
2nd January 2015, 13:58
In North Brisbane owing to the sudden death of a family member. Already the heat is oppressive and the Aussies are complaining. It's only 30 degrees here, whereas some places are over 40 and this is just the start of the Summer heat.

It's been a sad week though as Rudy's dad died from a brain aneurysm following a smaller stroke last Thursday. He was only 62.

Sad news. I have told my family that I won't travel to see them off when they're dead...as it's too late. In the last week I have had 2 cousins die, one 65 the other 34. One can say it's too early, but the younger cousin miraculously survived cancer aged 3 and lasted 31 years before the complications of the chemo and radio caught up with her.

I'd prefer to die wanting more life, than wishing I was dead already.

AllanB
2nd January 2015, 14:08
Sorry to hear.

Side note - battery cooking weather?

PrincessBandit
2nd January 2015, 15:43
Look on the bright side, at least when you return home you should be able to enjoy the 'cold' weather!

Take care and look after yourself as well as being a support for your family over there.

Edbear
2nd January 2015, 16:03
sorry for your loss ... saddest reason for travel

actually, it's hotter over here in West Australia - but there's so little humidity that it's generally quite bearable - and we have the BEST beaches :rolleyes:

One day I will get there.

Take care and sorry for your families' loss mate..
I guess the heat is the least of your worries but I know heat/humidity certainly can cause frustration and impatience.
Get into that A/C :)

Couldn't cope without AC!

Condolences Ed, sorry for your loss, 62 is far too young.

Funnily enough Mark and I were talking about the weather temps yesterday and agreed we would rather live in a colder place than a hotter one. My son is in Brisbane and I often see him soaking wet, inside even with the air con on.

Take care.

Thanks love. The air con works overtime here!

Sad to hear that news ED, look after yourselves over there and safe journeys home when the time comes.

So far so good mate.

Sad news. I have told my family that I won't travel to see them off when they're dead...as it's too late. In the last week I have had 2 cousins die, one 65 the other 34. One can say it's too early, but the younger cousin miraculously survived cancer aged 3 and lasted 31 years before the complications of the chemo and radio caught up with her.

I'd prefer to die wanting more life, than wishing I was dead already.

Agreed. He was not ready to die, that's for sure. A bolt from the blue.

Look on the bright side, at least when you return home you should be able to enjoy 'cold' weather!

Take care and look after yourself as well as being a support for your family over there.

The family is rallying around and Rudy's Mum is grateful that we came over straight away. Rudy and his brother and sister are coping so far concentrating on support for their Mum.

mstriumph
2nd January 2015, 22:30
One day I will get there.

give us a shout - we can always find a bed for you and yours ...

Edbear
2nd January 2015, 22:56
give us a shout - we can always find a bed for you and yours ...

Ta. Everyone who goes there says it's a great place. My neice and her family live there but I will have to check exactly where.