PDA

View Full Version : Where's the boat ramp?

unstuck
4th January 2015, 08:02
As seen in Te-anau, not sure how they mistook the main road as the boat ramp.:rolleyes:

https://scontent-a-pao.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10906174_10152625486733513_7822375266991602715_n.j pg?oh=c04b0228b2ecd62e9c5572f408fbb719&oe=5540434D:laugh::laugh:

YellowDog
4th January 2015, 08:24
That's a lot of boat to dump :o

Waihou Thumper
4th January 2015, 08:27
What's the fine for insecure load? :msn-wink:

unstuck
4th January 2015, 09:11

Fine who, looks to me like they have done a runner. No sign of a trailer or tow vehicle.
Anyway, all the coppers from Te-anau are busy sitting on the five rivers to mossburn road waiting to ticket paranoid motorcyclists for going 1kmh over the limit.:innocent:

mashman
4th January 2015, 09:29
Well it's parked by a school zone. Perhaps expecting fish :eek:

Waihou Thumper
4th January 2015, 09:32
Well it's parked by a school zone. Perhaps expecting fish :eek:

He knows something the rest of Te Anau don't....flood warning? Being prepared...

mashman
4th January 2015, 09:40
He knows something the rest of Te Anau don't....flood warning? Being prepared...

Heh, the Te Anau ark eh... in which case

http://donmillereducation.com/journal/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/we-re-gonna-need-a-bigger-boat.jpg

unstuck
4th January 2015, 09:45
only five locals, the rest are imports so don't count. Fish food is what the other 10 thousand inhabitants are.:bleh:

AllanB
4th January 2015, 10:39
I suspect the vehicle and trailer are parked up on the lawn next to the photographer - see the chap by the boat in the black singlet - he's looking directly at the photographer.

He is most likely thinking how the F will I explain this to her ..... looking at the dejected stance of the bloke in blue T - he's involved too.

Sooo - who was in charge of securing the boat to the trailer?

awa355
4th January 2015, 10:55

In 1978 the fine was $35 for having a 44g drum of oil fall off the truck and split around the rim. Oil all over Ellis st Frankton. Fire service just spread foam on it then hosed it all down the storm water drain. No other costs.

Might be a bit more to it these days.

Moi
4th January 2015, 11:36
...all the coppers from Te Anau are busy sitting on the Five Rivers to Mossburn road waiting to ticket paranoid motorcyclists for going 1kmh over the limit.:innocent:

In 1978 the fine was $35 for having a 44g drum of oil fall off the truck and split around the rim. Oil all over Ellis St Frankton. Fire service just spread foam on it then hosed it all down the storm water drain. No other costs.

Gentlemen, are you speaking from personal experience?

Waihou Thumper
4th January 2015, 11:40
In 1978 the fine was $35 for having a 44g drum of oil fall off the truck and split around the rim. Oil all over Ellis st Frankton. Fire service just spread foam on it then hosed it all down the storm water drain. No other costs.

Might be a bit more to it these days.

That was then....but NOW, I would say you breached council by laws, they will contact EPA, they in turn will say you've breached HSNO, not secured, labelled and correct containment, ..sigh... and you will then cop a fine in environment court and the Fire Service will bill you for a special service....Nice, you have gainfully kept many employed...:)

AllanB
4th January 2015, 11:47
You forgot Health & Safety if you were in a company vehicle ............

Basically at work you now need a instruction plan to zip up your fly.

Tazz
4th January 2015, 11:49
The boat ramp road show has hit the highway eh.
Be nice for those inland folks to eventually get a share in the laughs summer boaties so generously provide :niceone:

unstuck
4th January 2015, 11:52
Gentlemen, are you speaking from personal experience?

Yes, they swarm from all over southland to patrol that stretch of road. A very lucrative spot one would imagine.:shifty:

Waihou Thumper
4th January 2015, 11:56
You forgot Health & Safety if you were in a company vehicle ............

Naa, no-one was hurt, they will leave it to the EPA as they know nothing about HSNO yet. But are quickening up their pace to learn as it has been handed to them, offloaded from the EPA...:)

granstar
4th January 2015, 17:58
If only they had gone a few meters more, they would have turned into a school, problem solved :facepalm:

caspernz
4th January 2015, 20:04
I reckon the boat slowed to the school zone limit, but the towing vehicle disagreed. Will they kiss and make up? :sweatdrop

Gremlin
4th January 2015, 22:49
Sooo - who was in charge of securing the boat to the trailer?
The other one... oh sh... :facepalm:

Drew
4th January 2015, 23:59
It's a nice boat.

I was out on a boat the other day, and the hook at the front latched by itself when the boat was driven on to the trailer. Perhaps this one is similar, and hadn't locked properly.

Daffyd
5th January 2015, 18:10

Well, it can be dangerous. Ever caught your willie in your zip? Much pain!

unstuck
5th January 2015, 18:31

Try getting a bee sting on the end of it, now thats pain. Mind you the swelling can be impressive.:blip:

Tazz
5th January 2015, 18:31

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzRuKnb2uuY

unstuck
5th January 2015, 18:37
[CENTER]something about mary

:killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme :clap:

mashman
5th January 2015, 21:27
Mary

Great clip :shifty:

It's highly amusing having someone recount that experience to you... right up to the point where they do that screwed up face thing highlighting the extent of the pain. It's hard not to relive it with them and kinda takes the edge off the fun... for a few moments anyway :laugh:

awayatc
6th January 2015, 05:46
That's a lot of boat to dump :o

When I lived in Te Anau many moons ago a largish trailer sailer was being pulled up the ramp.
Also unsecured......
outboard spectuarly desintegrated....
hull wasnt alloy, and was majorly fucked....

How did this mishap come about....?

nzspokes
6th January 2015, 06:17

Will need to Risk asses that but i would suggest buttons would be the safest option. :laugh:

unstuck
6th January 2015, 07:10

Idiots + machinery = fuckups.:niceone:

Tazz
6th January 2015, 09:53

http://www.getfrank.co.nz/uploads/competition/Speights_Cider.jpg

awa355
6th January 2015, 10:20
At least this chap kept his boat off the road.
http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w420/awa355/Untitledpicture1.png

Remember the thread about the kayak tied on across the roof?
http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w420/awa355/3.png

Isn't she lucky?? :doh:
http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w420/awa355/Untitledpicture-49.png

kiwi cowboy
17th January 2015, 21:40
When I lived in Te Anau many moons ago a largish trailer sailer was being pulled up the ramp.
Also unsecured......
outboard spectuarly desintegrated....
hull wasnt alloy, and was majorly fucked....

I also used to live in Te Anau many moons ago:wings:wonder if our moons are aligned??.:msn-wink:

Berries
17th January 2015, 23:46
I also used to live in Te Anau many moons ago:wings:wonder if our moons are aligned??.:msn-wink:
If either of you have the name Debbie in real life and worked at the Redcliff then Neil says hi.