PDA

View Full Version : FZR 2KR frame

imthatguy
6th January 2015, 22:45
Hello again all, happy new year and all that!

Ive get a project FZR 250 that Im doing up, but Ive noticed the airbag doesn't need to want to sit on the mount points correctly, its skewed distinctly to the left which leads me to wonder if the engine isn't skewed aka bent frame.. :/

I bought as a project so I don't know anything about the history of the bike.

Is there anyone around Palmy who could take a look? Or does anyone know what to look for in terms of crash damage etc?

As far as I can see everything seems to be straight and I can't see any warpage..

F5 Dave
7th January 2015, 07:54
Hello again all, happy new year and all that!

Ive get a project FZR 250 that Im doing up, but Ive noticed the airbag doesn't need to want to sit on the mount points correctly, its skewed distinctly to the left which leads me to wonder if the engine isn't skewed aka bent frame.. :/

I bought as a project so I don't know anything about the history of the bike.

Is there anyone around Palmy who could take a look? Or does anyone know what to look for in terms of crash damage etc?

As far as I can see everything seems to be straight and I can't see any warpage..
Maybe the airbag was deployed in a previous accident. Perhaps one from a Camry might fit.

imthatguy
7th January 2015, 22:35
Maybe the airbag was deployed in a previous accident. Perhaps one from a Camry might fit.

Its possible, but Ive been told they are generally vendor specific..

F5 Dave
7th January 2015, 22:39
Make sure you ask for a left hand side specific as we drive on the other side of the road from many import countries.

imthatguy
8th January 2015, 11:29
Make sure you ask for a left hand side specific as we drive on the other side of the road from many import countries.

Will do, really appreciate your help - thanks!

:laugh:

F5 Dave
8th January 2015, 11:46
It is a bit queer, perhaps you have a mismatch of years but that's not much help. Just keep an eye out for another and always carry a ruler and paper,pencil.

Long straightedge like some ally box from mitre10 can be as cheap as $30 to see if the wheels are in line.