PDA

View Full Version : Rusty Nuts back up and running

figjam
7th January 2015, 16:47
There are two revised format runs planned this year. A cross between the Southern Cross and the Gypsy runs in April and a revised format Grand Challenge in October. Run details/entry forms and some background can be found here: http://www.rustynuts.co.nz

Hitcher
7th January 2015, 17:39
Surely Lee is aware of the NZ Distance Riders and their successful foray into the 1,600km-in-24-hours space? Their event for 2015 is confirmed for 10-11 October, pricing arrangements set and registration website live at www.distanceriders.org.nz.

One week later we're now supposed to believe that the "Rusty Nuts", or whatever Lee intends to trade as, will be doing something similar?

A similar story seems to exist for the Southern Cross Rally, with a credible alternative for that event also now in place.

The community of riders prepared to commit to such events is small. It's also sceptical and scarred by recent experiences with the Rustys. That reputational taint makes it hard for more credible event organisers to gain support for their events.

Distance riders like to see value for money and also to be able to participate in great rides that also deliver all of the services, patches badges and such that were promised. The NZ Distance Riders have shown that this can be done for a 1,600km-in-24-hours event at less cost per rider than events that preceded it.

The Distance Riders organising group is a bit miffed that Lee hasn't seen it necessary to have a chat with them about his intentions for resurrecting a "Grand Challenge". It was never their intention to become embroiled in Rusty Nuts politics (indeed they've actively avoided taking sides) only to provide an event for like-mined distance riders.

While competition for services can at times be beneficial for those who purchase those services, the Distance Riders' objective is to deliver events where participants know what what they are paying is the best cost to them -- events organised by distance riders for other distance riders. NZ Distance Riders is not a profit-making organisation.

Zapf
7th January 2015, 19:37
I find this all very confusing. After reading thru what has been posted on Rusty Nuts.co.nz I did a search on the Companies office website. It seems that no company with name of RUSTY NUTS had been registered.

Personally I have also heard stories from people who have paid for previous RUSTY events and didn't get their refund when it fell apart. However I have also been on multiple GrandChallanges.

Not sure how to many any heads or tails about this. Unless the person writing up the RustyNuts website is someone other than Lee and is trying to get money donated for legal action against a company that doesn't exist?

:scratch:

Gremlin
7th January 2015, 20:05
I find this all very confusing. After reading thru what has been posted on Rusty Nuts.co.nz I did a search on the Companies office website. It seems that no company with name of RUSTY NUTS had been registered.
http://www.business.govt.nz/companies/app/ui/pages/companies/571578?backurl=%2Fcompanies%2Fapp%2Fui%2Fpages%2Fc ompanies%2Fsearch%3Fmode%3Dstandard%26type%3Dentit ies%26q%3Drusty%2520nuts

Incorporated 1993.

KoroJ
7th January 2015, 20:55
There are two revised format runs planned this year. A cross between the Southern Cross and the Gypsy runs in April and a revised format Grand Challenge in October. Run details/entry forms and some background can be found here: http://www.rustynuts.co.nz

????....So is your "Free", Motorbikescape - "Round The Block Ride" on?.....or is it to be the Rusty Nut $120 for a T-Shirt, Southern Cross Event?

Hitcher
7th January 2015, 21:05
Incorporated 1993.

1993? Not as long as it sounds, he said, after having read the attached document trail. Churfur Holdings Ltd was established in 1993 and renamed as Rusty Nuts Motorcycle Club Limited in 2013.

Gremlin
7th January 2015, 21:20
1993? Not as long as it sounds, he said, after having read the attached document trail. Churfur Holdings Ltd was established in 1993 and renamed as Rusty Nuts Motorcycle Club Limited in 2013.
Ah, well spotted

DougieNZ
8th January 2015, 08:02
"RUSTY NUTS MC has Shut Down - There will be no further events held.

I have the first 50 SCRR badges being sent out on the 20th Sept then a further lot will be produced and sent out as soon as possible. Who gets the first fifty will be drawn at random, I'm not going to play favorites.

I am disposing of all assets to make good any refunds. I will be in contact with those who have a claim. Outstanding claims from carried over events from years previous to 2012 will be last in payment line.

If you didn't go on an event, I did hold the next event open but this has stretched in some cases to year after year of not attending and expectations that this would be for ever. It has sunk the entire thing. With more persons turning up, out numbering paying attendees. I funded the shortfall,

Now due to health reasons I am pulling the pin. The events were always supposed to be fun, now they have just become a reason for some to cause unpleasantness, I will not let these few persons cause me further stress. The stress put on me by various others in the world of officialdom, the motorcycle world, with events of similar nature, culminating in threats to my job, and family are just not worth it. This has been backed up by a few who were event attendees.

If I am going to put more funds into it personally it will be to bury it once and for all. Not to prop up the body to attempt to make it live again. Those registering claim, be aware that they are being settled from my own finances, and I will do so ASAP I have disposed of my motorcycles to cover some costs, The rest I will manage in due course.

There will be an announcement here of RNMC stock for sale in due course. There are spares of badges, patches etc which will be made available.

I did enjoy the events, but no more. As with all good things, there are those who feel they have a right to what they did not create. RNMC was and will be always mine. Instead of tearing things down, you should try to do things for yourselves. Building something from the ground up is harder than ripping it down. If there are faults with RNMC I take total ownership of them, they are mine and mine alone. RNMC personal have no responsibility.

The name Rusty Nuts MC and all its abbreviations etc remain under my assertion of copyright. All logos; etc remain my intellectual property and can not be reproduced without permission. To the RNMC members I will be in touch in due cause to thank you for your years of assistance. RNMC members are in no way responsible for anything to do with this decision.

The first 23 years were fun, the next two were a trial, and the last has been a hardship. My riding days are over and it has not a good note to go out on, such is life.

Lee Rusty." So there is the statement from 2013 from the horses mouth so to speak. Since then the promises have not been kept and outstanding items not supplied. What has been recently supplied is a plea for $200 per year membership for which you get a $20 tee shirt and a promise of 25% discount if another ride ever happens - i.e. it is not cancelled when riders are committed and heading to the event? Credibility has now been lost in my view. What a sad way for it all to end after many years of hard work (by many people as well as Lee) and successful rides. My advice is not to touch this with a barge pole and to send no money for anything until the outstanding items (that have already been paid for by entrants) have been settled. I know a couple of the Distance Riders and trust their integrity 100%.

jellywrestler
8th January 2015, 08:06
Surely Lee is aware of the NZ Distance Riders and their successful foray into the 1,600km-in-24-hours space? Their event for 2015 is confirmed for 10-11 October, pricing arrangements set and registration website live at www.distanceriders.org.nz.

One week later we're now supposed to believe that the "Rusty Nuts", or whatever Lee intends to trade as, will be doing something similar?

A similar story seems to exist for the Southern Cross Rally, with a credible alternative for that event also now in place.

The community of riders prepared to commit to such events is small. It's also sceptical and scarred by recent experiences with the Rustys. That reputational taint makes it hard for more credible event organisers to gain support for their events.

Distance riders like to see value for money and also to be able to participate in great rides that also deliver all of the services, patches badges and such that were promised. The NZ Distance Riders have shown that this can be done for a 1,600km-in-24-hours event at less cost per rider than events that preceded it.

The Distance Riders organising group is a bit miffed that Lee hasn't seen it necessary to have a chat with them about his intentions for resurrecting a "Grand Challenge". It was never their intention to become embroiled in Rusty Nuts politics (indeed they've actively avoided taking sides) only to provide an event for like-mined distance riders.

While competition for services can at times be beneficial for those who purchase those services, the Distance Riders' objective is to deliver events where participants know what what they are paying is the best cost to them -- events organised by distance riders for other distance riders. NZ Distance Riders is not a profit-making organisation.
ah well, at least those who are missing sons of anarchy will have something similar to follow now...

figjam
9th January 2015, 07:44
????....So is your "Free", Motorbikescape - "Round The Block Ride" on?

It's still on.

Akzle
9th January 2015, 08:23
far canal!

:violin::violin::violin:

shafty
10th January 2015, 08:05
"RUSTY NUTS MC has Shut Down - There will be no further events held.

I have the first 50 SCRR badges being sent out on the 20th Sept then a further lot will be produced and sent out as soon as possible. Who gets the first fifty will be drawn at random, I'm not going to play favorites.

I am disposing of all assets to make good any refunds. I will be in contact with those who have a claim. Outstanding claims from carried over events from years previous to 2012 will be last in payment line.

If you didn't go on an event, I did hold the next event open but this has stretched in some cases to year after year of not attending and expectations that this would be for ever. It has sunk the entire thing. With more persons turning up, out numbering paying attendees. I funded the shortfall,

Now due to health reasons I am pulling the pin. The events were always supposed to be fun, now they have just become a reason for some to cause unpleasantness, I will not let these few persons cause me further stress. The stress put on me by various others in the world of officialdom, the motorcycle world, with events of similar nature, culminating in threats to my job, and family are just not worth it. This has been backed up by

Lee Rusty." So there is the statement from 2013 from the horses mouth so to speak. Since then the promises have not been kept and outstanding items not supplied. What has been recently supplied is a plea for $200 per year membership for which you get a $20 tee shirt and a promise of 25% discount if another ride ever happens - i.e. it is not cancelled when riders are committed and heading to the event? Credibility has now been lost in my view. What a sad way for it all to end after many years of hard work (by many people as well as Lee) and successful rides. My advice is not to touch this with a barge pole and to send no money for anything until the outstanding items (that have already been paid for by entrants) have been settled. I know a couple of the Distance Riders and trust their integrity 100%.

Yeah, I think you've nailed it Dougie 👍