PDA

View Full Version : Damaged bike auctions

Westy
16th September 2005, 16:37
Hi all,
Does anyone know of any damaged bike auctions, where and when they are?

Skunk
16th September 2005, 16:43
Turners have them. Pass on anything else.

MSTRS
16th September 2005, 16:44
Hi all,
Does anyone know of any damaged bike auctions, where and when they are?
Try Turners. I think they are held monthly, usually advertise online from Monday of auction week

White trash
16th September 2005, 17:02
Yeah, Turners are normally the ones, but they've been guilty of hiding them in the "Truck Auctions" for some fucked up reason.

Gremlin
16th September 2005, 19:21
Trademe also has the odd bikes that aren't in good nick, I got my baby that way... (a bike... there are no babies there - but I didn't look)

R6_kid
19th September 2005, 20:37
bike, trucks and boats tend to go at the same time. I have attended a fair few in the last couple of years. Picked up a 98 PX150 vespa with a bent frame for $600, its still awaiting my attention but its straight now and almost ready to go for $1200 all up, a lot less than one in decent condition would cost new.

There are a lot of good deals to be had such as bikes that are only costmetic or only frontal damaged, normally got for reasonable prices but there are always bike shops and wreckers in for a deal that tend to push the price past what you want to pay.

From memory its on tuesdays at the penrose damaged vehicles yard (around the back of where the expensive cars are and adjoined to the office supplies etc auction building. Viewing normaly from 10.30 til 12 with auctions around 6pm. check out www.turners.co.nz and look through the catalogues or in the damaged vehicle sections.

Hope i've been a help
:sherlock: