PDA

View Full Version : Grandchildren and holidays

awa355
13th January 2015, 16:28
Keeping the grandchildren occupied is proving a lot of fun. We have both here for a week. After only two days they have both learnt to say 'Please and Thank You'.

Outside, Last 2 afternoons spent in the inflatable swimming pool. Its only about 4mx2.5m but we've had hours of fun. Water pistols, balls, water fights.

Inside, One is playing a game on a borrowed xbox while the 4yr old loves the old cartoons that Grandad used to watch at the saturday morning pictures. Over 50 years later they still are being enjoyed.

http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w420/awa355/chipdale1.jpg

Might take them through to Waterworld in Hamilton tomorrow, or better still, out to the Mangatutu stream.

Anyone else got rugrats over the holidays?

unstuck
13th January 2015, 16:43
Grandson was supposed to be down for a couple of weeks this holidays, but due to domestic issues with my son and his ex she canned that.

We have a pre school across the road from us now, and it has been nice having them on holiday. Tis amazing how much noise a bunch of rugrats can make when in a group.:eek:

Blackbird
13th January 2015, 16:56
We have 5 of 'em, mercifully not all at once :eek5: They're all great kids and there's plenty to keep them occupied on the Coromandel but who else finds their energy and constant chatter totally draining? By 7 in the evening, we're completely stuffed

unstuck
13th January 2015, 17:01
who else finds their energy and constant chatter totally draining?

Oh yes. :niceone:

slofox
13th January 2015, 17:41
Keeping the grandchildren occupied is proving a lot of fun. We have both here for a week. After only two days they have both learnt to say 'Please and Thank You'.

Outside, Last 2 afternoons spent in the inflatable swimming pool. Its only about 4mx2.5m but we've had hours of fun. Water pistols, balls, water fights.

Inside, One is playing a game on a borrowed xbox while the 4yr old loves the old cartoons that Grandad used to watch at the saturday morning pictures. Over 50 years later they still are being enjoyed.

Might take them through to Waterworld in Hamilton tomorrow, or better still, out to the Mangatutu stream.

Yeah but I'm taking them to Papamoa tomorrow...

Moi
13th January 2015, 17:41
Got a park playground or primary school nearby with an adventure playground... could be quite a good place to spend a few hours, especially if they have bikes to ride as well...

plus granddad can sit in a shady spot with the thermos of tea and sammies... :laugh:

Any bush areas worth exploring? - sure you know of one or two...

A number of years ago had a friend and his young fella stay one January - we soon knew where every playground was within walking distance...

awa355
13th January 2015, 17:47
We have 5 of 'em, mercifully not all at once :eek5: They're all great kids and there's plenty to keep them occupied on the Coromandel but who else finds their energy and constant chatter totally draining? By 7 in the evening, we're completely stuffed

They are hard going at times. They were told by nan to help grandad with the dishes tonight. Grandad would really have prefered to do the dishes by himself. :sweatdrop:sweatdrop.

Moi
14th January 2015, 17:03
So what did you do today?

jellywrestler
14th January 2015, 17:27

Anyone else got rugrats over the holidays? sounds like you need one of these

awa355
14th January 2015, 20:41
So what did you do today?

Went to the playground, Kids watched grandad play on the flying fox, Then to Macca's. Cold slushies, grandad finished his first so got to help the 4yr old to finish hers. :innocent:. Paid for it later tho, had to sit and watch 'working with Play Dough' clips on you tube for ever.

Ice cream and ' potato chips???? for desert. Thats worse than peanut butter and vegimite on the same slice of toast. Geez, I hope I'm dead before this generation is old enough to be cooking for me.:shutup::shutup:

All worth it tonight though, to see both kids in bed with grandads little dog curled up between them. Now, if only they would shut up and go to sleep. :no::no: I have to admit, they are pretty good at putting all the toys away before bedtime. Kinda neat to see the wooden toys grandad has made being played with. The bathroom is still a mess. Half the plastic ware from the kitchen still in the bath tub.

nzspokes
14th January 2015, 20:50
Half the plastic ware from the kitchen still in the bath tub.

I guess feeding them in the bath makes the clean up easier.

Moi
14th January 2015, 21:47
Any pics of grandad on the flying fox? Or it didn't happen :laugh:

Sounds like another grand day at grandad and nan's place...

Grubber
15th January 2015, 07:12
All mine away this week but last week the 8 year old helped me take race bike to bits and his 3 year old sister help take the bits outside onto the lawn for the dog to play with.
Thank god the youngest one (1 year old) is only crawling. Who knows where the bits would be otherwise.
looking forward to next week now when they are all back home so i can do some weekend stuff with them again.
Oh and yes they can be tiring!

Not unlike playing with Madness or Axle to be fair, about the same intellect level too i believe.

nzspokes
15th January 2015, 07:19
All mine away this week but last week the 8 year old helped me take race bike to bits and his 3 year old sister help take the bits outside onto the lawn for the dog to play with.
Thank god the youngest one (1 year old) is only crawling. Who knows where the bits would be otherwise.
looking forward to next week now when they are all back home so i can do some weekend stuff with them again.
Oh and yes they can be tiring!

Not unlike playing with Madness or Axle to be fair, about the same intellect level too i believe.

My 8 year old can strip the plastics off my trail bike by himself. And both helped strip my partners CBR.

I see it as good parenting.

slofox
16th January 2015, 12:48
This is what mine end up like by the end of a day with me...

Madness
16th January 2015, 12:54

That should have been a capital I, dumb fuck.

Banditbandit
16th January 2015, 12:55

No chance - I've managed to get this far with NO kids . so there's never going to be grandkids ..

PrincessBandit
16th January 2015, 12:59
No chance - I've managed to get this far with NO kids .

That you know of...:msn-wink:

Banditbandit
16th January 2015, 13:10
That you know of...:msn-wink:

Yeah ... there's a very small chance you a right ... but it's so slim as to be ignorable ...

unstuck
16th January 2015, 13:17
This is what mine end up like by the end of a day with me...

This is where my one ends up after a day with me..........

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Health/images-2/locked-closet.jpg

awa355
16th January 2015, 15:03
They've gone home!! :niceone::niceone::niceone::niceone:

Now grandad just has to fold up the swimming pool, put all my bits of timber back in the shed, clean the toothpaste off the vanity unit, vacumn the crushed up potato chips and other unidentifiable stuff out of the carpet, return the borrowed xbox.

The best part of them going?, grandad doesn't have to share the ice cream:clap::clap::clap: Will probably miss them :hug::hug:

Akzle
16th January 2015, 18:46
jen is a fucking pussy. i can't upload shit.
what a sore fanny she is.

oldrider
16th January 2015, 20:41
Always having strife with wife on how to spread my butter and Marmite on toast!

She has just had strict instructions from our granddaughter on how "she" likes it!

Just like granddad apparently - YES! :niceone:

It must be in the genes eh - just like granddad - so proud! :first:

unstuck
16th January 2015, 20:45
Always having strife with wife on how to spread my butter and Marmite on toast!

:

:laugh::laugh: I would get told to do it myself.:shutup:

Akzle
16th January 2015, 20:48
:laugh::laugh: I would get told to do it myself.:shutup:

by your imaginary wife/sister?
:bleh:

unstuck
17th January 2015, 04:15
by your imaginary wife/sister?
:bleh:

Yes. And shit.:msn-wink:

slofox
17th January 2015, 12:09
My grand-daughter, aged 5 years and 2 weeks, is just exploring the joys of profanity...(learned from her Mum, not me).

"Pass me the fuckin' towel Mum."
"There's a shitload of cars here Papa."
"Tate (brother) is a naughty bugger Papa."

Wasn't me...:rolleyes:

awa355
17th January 2015, 15:01
Our little granddaughter was starting Kindy, parents were concerned about her toilet habits. Her mother asked her how she got on after her first day, "I was too scared to shit".

The grandson (3 at the time) was climbing up the ladder to the swimming pool. Granddad asked him if he needed to use the toilet first. Grandson reaches into the back of his togs and pulls out a fistfull of brown stuff. " here, granddad" :shit::shit:

F5 Dave
17th January 2015, 20:57
Yeah I'm kinda hoping my kids don't breed. It hard enough in our 40s with 4&5 yrs olds but their kids we'd be a million and they're both on the spectrum so chances are. Let's not think about it. Time for bed. . . or at least for a while.