PDA

View Full Version : this fucken rain

WINJA
18th September 2005, 11:09
:cry: BUCKETING DOWN HERE IN NORTH WAIKATO , MY CREEK IS 3 TIMES WIDER THAN NORMAL AND FLOWING AT ABOUT 50 KMH , IM SO BORED IM TEMPTED TO THROW THE DOG INTO THE CREEK .
WHATS THE WEATHER LIKE EVERY WHERE ELSE ?

scumdog
18th September 2005, 11:12
Patchy clouds, sun at times, dry, cool with a slight breeze.

Rained a bit yesterday on the KB ride but not too bad.

Fart
18th September 2005, 11:12
Been pouring down here in central Auckland all night and this morning.

Go on throw the bitch in the creek and be done with it.

crashe
18th September 2005, 11:14
West Auckland - Rain, rain and more rain.... and not forgetting the high winds.

Leong
18th September 2005, 11:15
Man, steady light rain here and a bit windy.... Got my first bike on Friday and am dying to go oout on it !!! Maybe this avo?

Ixion
18th September 2005, 11:26
:cry: BUCKETING DOWN HERE IN NORTH WAIKATO , MY CREEK IS 3 TIMES WIDER THAN NORMAL AND FLOWING AT ABOUT 50 KMH , IM SO BORED IM TEMPTED TO THROW THE DOG INTO THE CREEK .

Got my first bike on Friday and am dying to go oout on it

Then why not go for a ride. Rain's no reason not to ride

(gotta admit, riding home late last night was a bit .... interesting. All good once I stopped dripping)

myvice
18th September 2005, 11:26
Pissing down!
Might go lie in it to alleviate the boredom or drown.
May go for a run, ‘tis nice in the rain it is...

Sensei
18th September 2005, 11:28
Not the best for Supercorsa's down here today :beer:

oldrider
18th September 2005, 11:31

Hi WINJA sorry things ain't good in the CAPITAL. Great weather here. Why don't you put your gear on and go for a ride. If your still bored, go faster and faster, until you find a cure. :shit: Cheers John.

WINJA
18th September 2005, 11:31

(gotta admit, riding home late last night was a bit .... interesting. All good once I stopped dripping)
I DID ALMOST 1000KM ON A NEW GSXR1000 IN ONE WEEKEND , INCLUDING ABOUT 100KM ON GRAVEL , TWAS FUN

myvice
18th September 2005, 11:36
I DID ALMOST 1000KM ON A NEW GSXR1000 IN ONE WEEKEND , INCLUDING ABOUT 100KM ON GRAVEL , TWAS FUN
Same distance with about 30ks gravel on a 250, loved it!
BUT IT WASNT F#@KING RAINING!!!
I havent been out for a play in about a month, need training wheels on it soon!

Leong
18th September 2005, 11:39

Probably done 2 hours total on a bike so far... have dropped the clutch a couple of times on Friday changing down for a corner, wouldn't want to do this in the rain.... Also got caught in the rain yesterday... Yeah OK I'm just a wuss :violin:

(Good day for reading the Survival section on this forum tho)

Sniper
18th September 2005, 11:45
Nope fine and sunny in CHCH.

I wish

badlieutenant
18th September 2005, 11:45
welly=rain to spare

WINJA
18th September 2005, 11:46
ONLY THING GOOD ON TV IS A VERY HOT BLACK CHICK SINGING "IS THIS ONE THING THAT GOT ME TRIPPIN" MMMMMM SHE FARKIN HOT

Motu
18th September 2005, 11:46
It must of missed us here,we've had rain,sun,rain,it's sunny again,all around it's black - I may have turned my forcefield on by mistake,I better have a look in the shed....

FROSTY
18th September 2005, 12:02
fantastic weather here -hot sunny barely a lick of wind -mind you outside its shite

Ratty
18th September 2005, 12:02
I bought some wet weathers in Mt Eden Motorcycles the other day... Same brand pants and jacket but with different zips (THE BASTARDS!!!). So they don't zip together, now they have my pants so they can fix 'em... But I sold my old wet weathers thinking these are much better. I'm hangin' out for a ride without my pants so to speak.... Um yeah. :-P

Marmoot
18th September 2005, 12:14
Sunny and dry in Auckland at the moment. Just got back from SH22 burning some rubber. Fantastic weekend!

and my mom said I should stop smoking weed......

saul
18th September 2005, 12:39
Rain and very windy :violin:

So time to put the new undertail on :wari:

**R1**
18th September 2005, 12:42
Weather was shit out side so i took the missus for a blast instead:blip: there was some funny noises comming from the head, back end feels all good tho..

Patrick
18th September 2005, 12:49
Shitty in Taranaki too...raining so hard even Sky TV is fading out...

Sniper
18th September 2005, 13:01
Weather was shit out side so i took the missus for a blast instead:blip: there was some funny noises comming from the head, back end feels all good tho..

Too much info there me thinks :lol:

yungatart
18th September 2005, 13:01
Fine, sunny and warm here in HB, would go for a ride but my back is so sore I can't sit down properly....rats...

myvice
18th September 2005, 13:17
Fine, sunny and warm here in HB, would go for a ride but my back is so sore I can't sit down properly....rats...

X-rays of my spine look like a relief map of the Himalayas, try exercising your stomach muscles as they support your lower back and can stop your weight resting on your spine.
Works for me anyway.
Or you can tell me to fuck off and mind my own business!
Iv finished reading my book and am so very, very bored!

texmo
18th September 2005, 13:49
I am reading motorcycle tuning: two-stroke By John Robinson its a pretty good book, I still havent mastered the black art of tunning two-strokes.....

What?
18th September 2005, 13:53
Woke up this morning to find half the driveway out in the front paddock, and where there was once driveway is now the Grand Canyon (not a Cagiva, either!!). Been fair pissing down in the sunny Kaimai

Avignon
18th September 2005, 14:28
I used to ride rain hail or shine but I'm getting old now and prefer my fun sunny side up. However you havent lived until you've crossed a mountain ridge in a lightning storm, thats when you really know your alive. With tyres the way they are now, you can still get some quite phenomenal grip in the wet.

A few tips/thing I have larnt over the years . . .

Don't open your visor in hail or in rain when at speed. Very dumb thing to do. :stupid:

Wet roads are good to learn powerslides which are fine if you initiate and control them. :devil2:

Aquaplanning is freaking scary, like an out of control rollercoaster you have no control over, any stearing inputs will likely see you kiss the tarmac. :eek5:

Helmets make remarkably good rain hats and your hair will stay dry in the most intense downpour. :cool:

Waterproof gloves are a must as your life in quite literally in your hands and cold wet hands aint good. Same said for boots. :wait:

No matter how much rain gear you have on or how expensive it is, somehow a bead of icy cold water will find its way down your neck and spine. :sherlock:

Ixion
18th September 2005, 14:31
Waterproof gloves are a must as your life in quite literally in your hands and cold wet hands aint good. Same said for boots. :wait:

Waterproof boots are a myth. Like an honest politician. Possible in theory, but never stand up to close examination. What you need is gaiters.

Avignon
18th September 2005, 15:00
Perhaps I meant to say water-resistant. :Pokey:

Motu
18th September 2005, 15:09
Woke up this morning to find half the driveway out in the front paddock, and where there was once driveway is now the Grand Canyon (not a Cagiva, either!!). Been fair pissing down in the sunny Kaimai

I was supposed to go to Tauranga to day,but the person I was supposed to see didn't get back to me - he just rung and said they got hit really hard,lost power and stuff.He couldn't get hold of me because my contact details were on the computer.It's black all around,but we are only getting a few showers.

dhunt
18th September 2005, 17:01
I was supposed to go to Tauranga to day,but the person I was supposed to see didn't get back to me - he just rung and said they got hit really hard,lost power and stuff.He couldn't get hold of me because my contact details were on the computer.It's black all around,but we are only getting a few showers.
I went to pack & save yesturday and couldn't believe how busy it was, found after a long wait in the queues that they had been struck by lightning the nighte before and had lost their efpos.

Still good weather to go riding in, Just got back from a little cruise, leathers clean, bike clean, what more could you ask for. Ok the back section is got a few puddles in it and the washing can't dry.