PDA

View Full Version : Hyosung fork spring swap?

Nearbymitch
6th February 2015, 13:01
Hi all, so here goes. i have put a hyosung gt250r front end onto a sv650, i have found that they are a little bit too soft, would like them to be a bit harder. Has anyone put hyosung 650 springs into the 250 forks? are they just a simple swap over? Cheers.

haydes55
6th February 2015, 16:43
Someone's going to ask soon anyway. So I'll ask now..... Why did you put a gt250r front end on a sv650? You would have been better off finding a gsxr front end from the get go.

As for whether they will fit, google or workshop manual for the hyosung will tell you if they are the same diameter, and lengths are usually much of a muchness.

skippa1
6th February 2015, 17:32
Hi all, so here goes. i have put a hyosung gt250r front end onto a sv650, i have found that they are a little bit too soft, would like them to be a bit harder. Has anyone put hyosung 650 springs into the 250 forks? are they just a simple swap over? Cheers.
Depends if theyre made of the same size bamboo

nzspokes
6th February 2015, 19:21
Someone's going to ask soon anyway. So I'll ask now..... Why did you put a gt250r front end on a sv650? You would have been better off finding a gsxr front end from the get go.

As for whether they will fit, google or workshop manual for the hyosung will tell you if they are the same diameter, and lengths are usually much of a muchness.

Well yes. I have a GT650. I cant think of a single part of it I would put on a good bike.

AllanB
6th February 2015, 19:25
So we are thinking he has devalued his Suzuki ...........

ducatilover
6th February 2015, 22:30
The SV has a rubbish set of suspenders on it, but the Hyobag is even worse. Without real valving a proper springs it is going to be an absolute pile of shit.

Don't bother putting heavy springs in it because the damping control on them is so poor you will cut your eyes out and feed them to the nearest farm animal.